Login

russian armor

Relic when you finally buff IS-2?

16 Jul 2017, 20:16 PM

This tank is absolute nonsense for more than a year. He is not worth his price.
- Ridiculous damage against tanks, if only ....
- You will get, because the IS-2 is an extremely inaccurate gun, and ....
- If you break through the armor, because the shells are often bounce
- Gun inaccurate against infantry
- Slow
- Slow turn of the turret
- Absolutely useless first level of vet.

Yes, he feels a little better if he gets a second level of vet, but most likely the IS-2 will be destroyed before he does it

It is enough to increase the damage and make it more accurate
16 Jul 2017, 20:32 PM

This tank is absolute nonsense for more than a year. He is not worth his price.
- Ridiculous damage against tanks, if only ....
- You will get, because the IS-2 is an extremely inaccurate gun
- Slow
- Slow turn of the turret
- Absolutely useless first level of vet.

Yes, he feels a little better if he gets a second level of vet, but most likely the IS-2 will be destroyed before he does it

It is enough to increase the damage and make it more accurate

That´s COH2 at it´s worst... All soviet heavy tanks are useless. KV2, ISU 152, IS2...All of them are rubbish and cant be used in games you try to win.

KV1 is horrible too. But since it´s 8CP it can still be used somewhat effectively.

16 Jul 2017, 21:03 PM

Oh wow, this thread again. Yeah, let's buff the IS-2 even more, it's not good enough against something like a Tiger, despite the only drawback being the longer reload time (negated at vet2) and the slightly shorter range (negated at vet2), compared to the Tiger...
16 Jul 2017, 21:08 PM

It feels good where it is right now.
17 Jul 2017, 05:06 AM

Compared to Pershing, Comet. Crocs, T34/85 and Lend-Lease Sherman IS-2 is one of the worst late game tanks in the Allied roster. It is better than it used to be in the past but frankly the performance is just way too RNG reliant to me. For Soviet T34/85 and Lend Lease is still the better choice.
17 Jul 2017, 07:59 AM

IS-2 paired with Su-85 or 76 is a fucking beast. The tank is not the Shock one we knew from the past, honestly its main gun sucks. But boy, that armor. Every German player has played at least a few games where he fought an IS-2 and every shot simply bounced for 5-10 times in a row. Be it a PaK or a Tiger.

I honestly think of it as some kind of invincible, I never really think that I can kill it when I see it when playing as Axis.
17 Jul 2017, 08:16 AM

IS-2 paired with Su-85 or 76 is a fucking beast. The tank is not the Shock one we knew from the past, honestly its main gun sucks. But boy, that armor. Every German player has played at least a few games where he fought an IS-2 and every shot simply bounced for 5-10 times in a row. Be it a PaK or a Tiger.

I honestly think of it as some kind of invincible, I never really think that I can kill it when I see it when playing as Axis.

In this and last weekend I tried to play with IS-2 - not a single rebound, all shots pierced the IS-2. Once I had three consecutive rebeces - it was the blessing of the gods
17 Jul 2017, 09:21 AM

Same could be said for the King Tiger with a pair of Jagpanzers, but the King Tiger has a valid gun and turret... I played a 2vs2 with a random soviet yesterday and I have been the first surprised when he told me he will soon have a IS-2, have been months seen I saw one on a game.
17 Jul 2017, 10:05 AM

I wouldnt mind a damage buff now that its pen isnt a total joke (anyone remember the video ages ago of an is-2 losing to a tiger despite shooting at its ass and the tiger having to spin its turret around? Good times...) But the tiger will need something as well (say +5 range when stationary?)
17 Jul 2017, 10:30 AM

In this and last weekend I tried to play with IS-2 - not a single rebound, all shots pierced the IS-2. Once I had three consecutive rebeces - it was the blessing of the gods

Same here, in my experience IS-2 armor is unreliable as fuck and when Axis invest in proper AT like Stug or Jadgpanzer IS-2 gets rekted really fast.
17 Jul 2017, 10:50 AM

Or, just fix the Stug and OKW repairs, and the IS-2 will be alright.
(source: EFA revamp mod)
17 Jul 2017, 11:00 AM

Or, just fix the Stug and OKW repairs, and the IS-2 will be alright.
(source: EFA revamp mod)

This will not cancel that the IS-2 gun is very bad. He needs to increase the damage and accuracy, maybe a little penetration. The speed of the turn of the tower must remain slow.
17 Jul 2017, 11:07 AM

This will not cancel that the IS-2 gun is very bad. He needs to increase the damage and accuracy, maybe a little penetration. The speed of the turn of the tower must remain slow.

When you can no longer rely on 90FU Stugs to be the best AT unit in the game vs all targets, the IS-2 will force the OST player to make an actual investment for their late-game AT. That leaves a huge-ass gaping hole for the IS-2 to exploit.

Or, when, as OKW you can combat blitz to safely and get insta-glue repairs, no amount of damage caused by the IS-2 can ever be meaningful; the IS-2 will just spend half the time repairing, while OKW armour will keep marauding.

In both cases (assuming that the underlying causes are fixed), it's fine that the IS-2 can be soft-countered by AT guns. It's the KT performance vs AT guns that is broken; it shouldn't be the norm.
17 Jul 2017, 11:17 AM

When you can no longer rely on 90FU Stugs to be the best AT unit in the game vs all targets, the IS-2 will force the OST player to make an actual investment for their late-game AT. That leaves a huge-ass gaping hole for the IS-2 to exploit.

Or, when, as OKW you can combat blitz to safely and get insta-glue repairs, no amount of damage caused by the IS-2 can ever be meaningful; the IS-2 will just spend half the time repairing, while OKW armour will keep marauding.

In both cases (assuming that the underlying causes are fixed), it's fine that the IS-2 can be soft-countered by AT guns. It's the KT performance vs AT guns that is broken; it shouldn't be the norm.

It's all good, but the IS-2 will continue to miss the tanks / infantry, don't penetrate, don't deal damage (yesterday, Brumbar inflicted more damage on the IS-2 than I did in response)
17 Jul 2017, 12:11 PM

Same here, in my experience IS-2 armor is unreliable as fuck and when Axis invest in proper AT like Stug or Jadgpanzer IS-2 gets rekted really fast.

Jagdpnazer has one of the lowest penetration for it price so it is less effective than allied tds:

Time to kill
JP vs IS-2
JP4 65.25 - 85.25

vs KT
SU-85 56.75 - 73.70
Jackson 81.88 - 111.38
Jackson (HVAP) 54.59 - 76.46
Firefly 82.75 - 107.50
Firefly (Tulip) 66.25 - 91.00

17 Jul 2017, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2017, 09:21 AMEsxile

Same could be said for the King Tiger with a pair of Jagpanzers, but the King Tiger has a valid gun and turret... I played a 2vs2 with a random soviet yesterday and I have been the first surprised when he told me he will soon have a IS-2, have been months seen I saw one on a game.

I do not doubt that the Kingtiger is bullshit as well, but I just have the feeling that there is no single tank in the game that likes to bounce as much as the IS-2 does. It probably feels worse as Germans usually have superior AT while as an Allied player you are somehow "used" to see your shots deflect from all kinds of tanks.
17 Jul 2017, 13:42 PM

It feels good where it is right now.

-------------
- You play Germany, don't you?
- Tourist being eaten by 5 sharks. Make a poll : 4 out of 5 think human-shark balance in water is fine!
17 Jul 2017, 14:07 PM
Senior Referee Badge

is2 and tiger are finally fine atm, let's not change it pls
17 Jul 2017, 14:33 PM

Tiger and IS2 share the same pro and cons:
- slow movement.
- slow turrent rotation.
- slow acceleration.
- high armour.
- high health.
- low accuracy.
- low damage.
- semi-good against inf.
- commander call-in.
17 Jul 2017, 14:38 PM

It's all good, but the IS-2 will continue to miss the tanks / infantry, don't penetrate, don't deal damage (yesterday, Brumbar inflicted more damage on the IS-2 than I did in response)

IS2 has the KTs armor, the KTs penetration and the KTs accuracy.

It has less damage, and worse scatter. Also cheaper of course and you don't need to side-tech for it. I like it more than a Tiger, since its bounces more.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment