Login

russian armor

Scott shouldn't survive more than 2 shots.

11 Jun 2017, 15:34 PM

opinions like that make balance problems. Look, USF late game is already a struggle. Imagine that your Panther and Tiger are locked behind diferent doctrines and your basics in late game are: early stage PZ4 and Stug now lets laugh together...
11 Jun 2017, 15:41 PM

The Scott is fine, it's got it's HP buffed for a reason, to finally find a niche where it's worth investing into.
11 Jun 2017, 22:40 PM

Seeing 2 every game now. Splats infantry constantly, homing projectile :/ Dunno what can be done about it, more fragile and it'd be not useful enough. But in current state... Worse than annoying. Wrecks infantry, highly mobile, very hard to counter.

And don't say "use a panther", diving with tanks through a USF blob is not a viable tactic.
11 Jun 2017, 22:56 PM

Permanently Banned
Imo its good unit, ofc ithere always will be problem with 4 models, but its countered, problem are when thay are 2 or more. For late game thay need 400 hp, dont forget about last patch when ele or jt wipe 320 75 fuel unit, its so fun or 2 camo raketen when unit stuck. Maybe need fix smoke or somthing.
In general you can counter this unit even with 222 or luchs.
12 Jun 2017, 10:39 AM

You want to argue that it should die to two shots in every stage of the game? This unit is rarely seen even with its hp buff. I just recently played against it in a 1v1 on Westwall and the thing didn't bother me one bit. I simply moved up my gren blob and p4 and killed it lol.

It isn't anything special and is a very niche unit to begin with, hampering it with such low hp would make it a very bad investment.
12 Jun 2017, 12:46 PM

Two shots? For me it is usually was 1 shot from JT.

(C) Dusty
12 Jun 2017, 14:06 PM

this is what i say last week....this scot is to strong compared the stug ..which need a commander and is totally crap as indirect fire unit

cause:
- to slow
- no turrent (city maps are horrvbily)
- to slow projectiles
- no big range
- no big wiping potencial

all this have the M8 scott!
it is very fast, have turrent, super accuracy, super wide shot range, huge wiping potencial...and on top of it: it doesnt need a special commander.
12 Jun 2017, 14:37 PM

Who knew there was so much hate for the Scott when you only see them once in a blue moon in 1v1 which says pretty much all you need to know about where they are at right now.

Fun fact - it's moving accuracy is 50% and it's auto fire range is 60 (the same as an AT gun). When it's barrage timer is so long it NEEDs extra HP or else its a useless fuel sink to counter support weapons that can fire back. Yes it's projectile speed is kind of silly but that's about it really.
12 Jun 2017, 16:10 PM

I am pretty sure You got rekt by Scott while you tryed to survive till heaviest in team games

Now you have learnt that you cant destroy it with you PAK wall or Pgren Blob or if you play OKW anhthing on foot.

Find a way

Build stug

Or Puma

Or Jpz4

Pure l2P issue

Oh yeah babe You did it again "OKW back to stone age?"

You are one of those jucy OKW blober thats Scotts are really like to rekt

lmao +1
12 Jun 2017, 17:27 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

This unit isn't really a 1v1 issue. It's more of a team game issue where the USF player typically spams infantry becaues USF lategame isn't effective enough as SU or UKF. A single scott is more of an annoyance, but 2+ decimates any infantry push by the axis due to the extremly fast projectile. You can pull this off in team games as well because your ally will have AT while the USF player builds scotts. I don't think it needs its HP lowered to 2 shot kill, but smoke dispenser is a bit much. If it takes 3 shots to kill why should you have a non doctrinal get out of jail free card AND massive range and projectile speed. People have difficulty killing the calliOPe because it's powerful indirect rocket arty on a sherman chassis. 4 shots to kill and the scott serves a similar purpose except it takes 3 and has smoke.
12 Jun 2017, 17:42 PM

Just *sigh* at the thread. USF is almost completely nerfed out already, and yet unit for USF to get nerfed? The Leig has better AI and there's no threads on it.
12 Jun 2017, 18:34 PM

This unit isn't really a 1v1 issue. It's more of a team game issue where the USF player typically spams infantry becaues USF lategame isn't effective enough as SU or UKF. A single scott is more of an annoyance, but 2+ decimates any infantry push by the axis due to the extremly fast projectile. You can pull this off in team games as well because your ally will have AT while the USF player builds scotts. I don't think it needs its HP lowered to 2 shot kill, but smoke dispenser is a bit much. If it takes 3 shots to kill why should you have a non doctrinal get out of jail free card AND massive range and projectile speed. People have difficulty killing the calliOPe because it's powerful indirect rocket arty on a sherman chassis. 4 shots to kill and the scott serves a similar purpose except it takes 3 and has smoke.

It doesn't have massing range, actually it has the lowest range possible for a support unit, 60. It doesn't outrange a pak on auto-attack.
Its vet0 barrage is also 60, you can't use your barrage on a OKW T3 at vet0 without being shot yourself by the auto-canon for some reasons...

17 Jun 2017, 06:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2017, 11:18 AMAlphrum
doesn't this unit shoot through shot blockers? i think thats the problem and why it can be so annoying to counter
Yes, that is likely the core issue.
17 Jun 2017, 18:42 PM

God forbid usf gets one nondoctrinal unit in the lategame teamgame setting that's hard to counter.
18 Jun 2017, 01:57 AM

I really like the unit, I think it's a nice niche filler.

I don't really feel it's too hard to counter given the time it comes out. I like the damage/hp/range it has.

It seems to be a good risk/reward unit regarding its purchase and micro requirements, just like all well designed units should.

*Edit: Typos, never type posts after Espresso!
Vaz
18 Jun 2017, 02:34 AM

The only thing I compare the scott with is the brumbar. Scott has a higher range, but the brumbar can be used in tank fights, has more health, and more armor. Plus, you can get the pintle gunner. Sometimes I feel like some of the players on here just want defenseless opponents. That's what I think when reading someone calling for nerfs on what is generally accepted as the weakest faction in the game.
18 Jun 2017, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2017, 02:34 AMVaz
The only thing I compare the scott with is the brumbar. Scott has a higher range, but the brumbar can be used in tank fights, has more health, and more armor. Plus, you can get the pintle gunner. Sometimes I feel like some of the players on here just want defenseless opponents. That's what I think when reading someone calling for nerfs on what is generally accepted as the weakest faction in the game.

Brummbar also has pinpoint accurate attack ground.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS