Login

russian armor

Scott shouldn't survive more than 2 shots.

10 Jun 2017, 19:16 PM

I think there was a good reason this unit had 320HP, so you wouldn't go too forward with it and wipe ATGs left and right.

It is highly accurate, is too lethal against 4-man units and got buffed multiple times patch after patch. It either needs its range reduced or should have its HP reverted back to 320HP.
10 Jun 2017, 19:22 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Personally I think 2 shot death would make it far to easy to kill with cloak raketens. However I think having the smoke dispenser on top of the 3 shot kill, large range and incredibly fast projectile make it simply to effective for its risk to reward. Removal of the smoke screen as well as a projectile slow so you potentially dodge the shot would make it far less frustrating to play against.
10 Jun 2017, 19:25 PM

Removal of the smoke screen as well as a projectile slow so you potentially dodge the shot would make it far less frustrating to play against.
Makes sense, especially when we consider the accuracy.
10 Jun 2017, 19:40 PM

I think there was a good reason this unit had 320HP, so you wouldn't go too forward with it and wipe ATGs left and right.

It is highly accurate, is too lethal against 4-man units and got buffed multiple times patch after patch. It either needs its range reduced or should have its HP reverted back to 320HP.

I am pretty sure You got rekt by Scott while you tryed to survive till heaviest in team games

Now you have learnt that you cant destroy it with you PAK wall or Pgren Blob or if you play OKW anhthing on foot.

Find a way

Build stug

Or Puma

Or Jpz4

Pure l2P issue

Oh yeah babe You did it again "OKW back to stone age?"

You are one of those jucy OKW blober thats Scotts are really like to rekt
11 Jun 2017, 04:14 AM

By the time the Scott comes out you should be close to a panther or a PIV, if it got two shot it would be unusable as like someone said, cloaked raketen creep alone would counter it, or 1 raketen plus panther/piv/puma.

USF already struggles late game, I don't see a need to make it harder.
Vaz
11 Jun 2017, 04:42 AM

You are one of those jucy OKW blober thats Scotts are really like to rekt

Just the way you phrased that is getting me excited!
11 Jun 2017, 05:19 AM

Kinda an annoying unit to play against. 2 of them wipes OH units like clock work allowing USF blobs to roam freely.
11 Jun 2017, 06:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2017, 04:14 AMDanielD
By the time the Scott comes out you should be close to a panther or a PIV, if it got two shot it would be unusable as like someone said, cloaked raketen creep alone would counter it, or 1 raketen plus panther/piv/puma.

USF already struggles late game, I don't see a need to make it harder.

Close to a Osther Panther in a 1v1 by the time the Scott comes out? Don't push the fairy tales here lol.

Panzer IV is likely, but that scot is protected by zooks and riflemen with snares and most likely an at gun.

I think it should't have the current accuracy for auto fire, but rather high accuracy for its barrage and a better range for that. 320 hp is fine.
11 Jun 2017, 07:08 AM
Developer Relic Badge

The reason for its health is due to the fact it needs to operate closer to the front than typical artillery. It's very good fire support which could use some tweaking in its one hit kill radius against infantry in exchange for increase mid-far AOE as well as buffing its barrages so they actually recharge without waiting a year. This would mean the M8 would not be reliant on direct hits for either wipes or just damage against infantry.

400 health is fine given every other light tank/light-tank esque vehicle sits around 400 and all come earlier than the M8 Scott. Unless this thing starts firing 105mm rounds, it's not lethal enough, except on RNG hits vs clumped squads, to be incredibly light weight for its price tag, tier and general need to sustain fire over the sudden bursts that rocket or heavier shell based artillery can deal.

USF does not need any more paper units considering their TD already goes up in 3 hits and USF has some of the largest target sizes for vehicles in the late game.
11 Jun 2017, 07:55 AM

You perception is clouded, just play more games as Axis to feel its lethality and unfair range/survival mechanics.

Come one, you guys nerfed stug-e which just sniped models. This thing wipes things left and right and can escape any situation unless there is a JagdTiger (which is going to be removed from the game, thanks to the self-proclaimed "community" balance team)
11 Jun 2017, 08:05 AM

I think it's problem is it's ridiculous accuracy vs light vehicles, its supposed counter
11 Jun 2017, 08:10 AM

This thing has the same range as Atgun, and raketen can camo to get in range. Build a Jagp as OKW and a stug as Oshteer to counter it. And it has been nerfed some patch ago reason why nobody was using with its 320hp, let's also mention the spacing improvement for all Axis squads making it less lethal. 400hp is fine, the unit is countered by medium rush.
Some one is correct, this unit counter well the current all-volks meta but is countered by players building medium tanks.

Seeing the unit also mean no sherman or jackson for some time...
11 Jun 2017, 08:19 AM

I'd say nerf its movement accuracy, that thing can wipe squads with near perfect accuracy while moving fast as hell.
Im saying this as a man who loves seeing my Scott tear axis infantry apart lmao.
11 Jun 2017, 08:41 AM

The Scott could be changed to be a mobile arty piece instead of a USF Pack Howie on wheels. Currently it has to compete with HE Shermans with by itself is a very gpod unit. I would change the Scott to be the lite-Priest with increased barrage range, decreased cd and removal of auto fire. And change the AOE to stop one shotting full health models and spread it out over a bigger area. With this it shouldn't overlap roles over the Sherman and serve a niche in the US line up.
11 Jun 2017, 09:02 AM
11 Jun 2017, 11:18 AM

doesn't this unit shoot through shot blockers? i think thats the problem and why it can be so annoying to counter
11 Jun 2017, 11:21 AM

It should have exacly the same armor and health of the stuart since it is basically a stuart with an open top turret and with a light howitzer.

To be honest I dont see the reason for usf to have a mortar, a pack howitzer and a howitzer motor carriage. It would be neat if the pack howitzer would be moved to the airborne commander instead of the at gun (maybe?) since in ww2 what gun was mostry used by paratroopers and/or the m8 scott would be moved to a armor/recon commander for the same reasons.

If the m8 scott was tied to a commander it woulnt be as annoying because you wouldnt see it as often and maybe it would make a less used commander worth the consideration.
11 Jun 2017, 11:27 AM

The reason for its health is due to the fact it needs to operate closer to the front than typical artillery. It's very good fire support which could use some tweaking in its one hit kill radius against infantry in exchange for increase mid-far AOE as well as buffing its barrages so they actually recharge without waiting a year. This would mean the M8 would not be reliant on direct hits for either wipes or just damage against infantry.

400 health is fine given every other light tank/light-tank esque vehicle sits around 400 and all come earlier than the M8 Scott. Unless this thing starts firing 105mm rounds, it's not lethal enough, except on RNG hits vs clumped squads, to be incredibly light weight for its price tag, tier and general need to sustain fire over the sudden bursts that rocket or heavier shell based artillery can deal.

USF does not need any more paper units considering their TD already goes up in 3 hits and USF has some of the largest target sizes for vehicles in the late game.
if you gonna do this NOONE gonna use it. Coz USF has mortar halftrack
11 Jun 2017, 11:37 AM

all usf paper tanks shouldn't survive for more than 2 shots right? Nerf USF lategame, it is too strong!!!
11 Jun 2017, 12:40 PM

It should have exacly the same armor and health of the stuart since it is basically a stuart with an open top turret and with a light howitzer.

To be honest I dont see the reason for usf to have a mortar, a pack howitzer and a howitzer motor carriage. It would be neat if the pack howitzer would be moved to the airborne commander instead of the at gun (maybe?) since in ww2 what gun was mostry used by paratroopers and/or the m8 scott would be moved to a armor/recon commander for the same reasons.

If the m8 scott was tied to a commander it woulnt be as annoying because you wouldnt see it as often and maybe it would make a less used commander worth the consideration.

And what you suggest give to USF instead Scott? Historical reasons don't work for this game (soviet units from 1941 and germans 1944-45 in this game the first and the most clear example). USF must have mobile arty as well as other factions. Germans and soviets have rocket artillery, USF have Scott.
When i played for USF i used Scott only against heavy german defense play with paks, mg walls and bunkers. Because regular USF howitzer everytime was wiped by rocket strikes and leigs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment