Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
28 Jun 2017, 17:32 PM

You are the only one, who complaining about OKW so hard. So i want to see, what is the reason for this. Best way to understand you - see your playercard and some replays from the mod, where you have used this units (jt,sturmtiger and etc.).

First of all, their playercards are public. Everybody can see them (and they are good).
https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198000322345
https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197966069137

Second, it helps to understand your and their level of skill.

Third, Balance team are communicating with community and pro-players. Because it will save a lot of time in the future, when they start the work with the new patch. But it require a lot of replays, so balance team can see, what is wrong.

do i need really to provide replays for obvious nerfs to niche units that most people know really..??
you can see their playercards too right..??
you see the difference in their axis and allied stats right..atleast for mr.smith?? and okw for miragefla

as far communicating wiht pro players i need reciept i need the extent of involvement i refuse to believe devm would have suggested something as ridiculous as sturmtiger nerf

28 Jun 2017, 17:41 PM

So much salt about the USF changes. Do people really think that requiring one more hit (not even) from hard AT to kill a Jackson is really going to make all that much more of a difference? M10 spam with Armor Company is popular for a reason and a lot of that has to do with the fact that M10s are a lot more efficient despite their lower Pen because they don't get 3 shotted left and right like Jacksons do due to their having a higher health pool despite being cheaper.

It's not like it's a straight buff either - they are going to be more expensive too - almost Firefly expensive. Meanwhile Jacksons won't have nearly that same Alpha Strike damage as Tulips give the Brits. Meanwhile Axis TDs will still have a much faster reload and can outshoot Jacksons.
28 Jun 2017, 17:44 PM

So much salt about the USF changes. Do people really think that requiring one more hit (not even) from hard AT to kill a Jackson is really going to make all that much more of a difference? M10 spam with Armor Company is popular for a reason and a lot of that has to do with the fact that M10s are a lot more efficient despite their lower Pen because they don't get 3 shotted left and right like Jacksons do due to their having a higher health pool despite being cheaper.

It's not like it's a straight buff either - they are going to be more expensive too - almost Firefly expensive. Meanwhile Jacksons won't have nearly that same Alpha Strike damage as Tulips give the Brits. Meanwhile Axis TDs will still have a much faster reload and can outshoot Jacksons.

and lets ignore the the slow speed,non-rotating turret,giant cost and popcap of jadtiger/elefant

again i am fine with jackson changes but not coupled with jadtiger and elefant nerfs which m10/t34 or shermans/cromwell will have field day with
28 Jun 2017, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 13:33 PMFul4n0

Great jocke that about the M20.....

you can´t be serious, are you????

I would love to play USF with no long-range TDs.....oh wait, USF only have 1 TD, and it is designed as long-range TD......

..... uhm ..... stick to M10 and the Armor Company ????
28 Jun 2017, 18:00 PM

You are the only one, who complaining about OKW so hard. So i want to see, what is the reason for this. Best way to understand you - see your playercard and some replays from the mod, where you have used this units (jt,sturmtiger and etc.).

No, he isn't. You on the other hand, are the only guy who is demanding replays, proofs and other stuff. Assuming you know how this game works and what each stats means, having a quick look can give you a general idea what the end result might be. True, testing the change in game is the best method, but knowing and learning how the basic game mechanics and values work wouldn't hurt your understaing of balance either.

If you want this game to thrive and stay alive, plz open you mind.
Thanks.

This game won't thrive if we kill one side and buff the other side.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 15:16 PMpigsoup

you are welcome to step up and provide a thorough view of how the game should be + good arguments and make a sensible mod. or prove that you are a top player or write multiple posts that actually shows that you might be constructive and understand the game mechanics/balance well instead of bitching and moaning.
I am not moaning. I am saying that no one should force their ideas and balance ideas upon the community. Because they are mostly fueled by frustration and skill gap, not actual balance problems.

because that is what the three
"bitching and moaning", as you put it, is the main thing one of the modders have been doing. Complaining how OP OKW is, how it is giving the poor brits a hard time etc, is all the explanation we have been getting from him.

(not two btw, and they do work with constructive and top players)
How can we verify that claim? I trust you, but the said involved players should express their views publicly. Their discussions should be public, so first we could confirm the lack of bias on the playercard of the top player, and secondly, we could accept that claim as fact.

Also, the blance duo only works and talks with whoever who share their anti-axis utopian vision.

they put their vision out there and they got approval from both relic and many many people from the community here and the official forum because they made sense,
Relic already dissed the mod publicly, and we can sense the amount of dissatisfaction on this very same thread.

The very few who applaud and scream in excitement aren't the greatsest pros and least biased players either. Not gonna name names obviously.

so no, it isn't disgusting or arrogant what they are doing. It is disgusting and arrogant that people who are leeching off of other people's hard work and put in no grind, are so entitled that they think they should have the same amount of authority as those who do put in the work.

Don't get me wrong. I give the guys credit for turning their visions into a mod. What I meant by |disgustng", which I admit was a strong word, is the way they use this site as a pubilictiy platform for their mode. And their "staff badge" as a credibility proof for relic.
28 Jun 2017, 18:07 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

How can we verify that claim? I trust you, but the said involved players should express their views publicly. Their discussions should be public, so first we could confirm the lack of bias on the playercard of the top player, and secondly, we could accept that claim as fact.

Also, the blance duo only works and talks with whoever who share their anti-axis utopian vision.

Just NO!

And srsly look at this thread. 1065 post and more. No sense to post the staff here sorry^^.

And again NO. There is not only anti -axis stuff. Btw what was last patch? Anti allies stuff? When allies were OP :). It was the same team. So what now? They are allies or axis fan hum?

You see the sense? xD
28 Jun 2017, 18:08 PM
Developer Relic Badge

and lets ignore the the slow speed,non-rotating turret,giant cost and popcap of jadtiger/elefant

again i am fine with jackson changes but not coupled with jadtiger and elefant nerfs which m10/t34 or shermans/cromwell will have field day with

Supported Jagdpanzer IV, it exists to kill TDs and mediums and are easier to field than super heavy TDs who are there to tackle TDs and heavies.
28 Jun 2017, 18:14 PM

Supported Jagdpanzer IV, it exists to kill TDs and mediums and are easier to field than super heavy TDs who are there to tackle TDs and heavies.

support with what..?? raketen lol

also td/heavie argument works in reverse too and its a lot of investment too..

its not about factions as whole but making units like jadg/elefant useless

part of me thinks you made these and sturm ones too for team games (although you still haven't touched commander abilites) there maybe i could agree but make a seperate balance for team games but these changes make them useless in 1v1..

EDIT : i can GURRANTEE you that more than 70% of posters here were screaming soviets underpowere or okw op before GCS,while i accurately predicted the outcome same i did with brit units orecisely and some are still not addressed like commander abilities and brace
28 Jun 2017, 18:16 PM

support with what..?? raketen lol

also td/heavie argument works in reverse too and its a lot of investment too..

its not about factions as whole but making units like jadg/elefant useless

part of me thinks you made these and sturm ones too for team games (although you still haven't touched commander abilites) there maybe i could agree but make a seperate balance for team games but these changes make them useless in 1v1

ele and jagd wer OP in teams games, with these changes they become more counterable, and you dont need ele and jagd to defeat late game allied tanks (once brit get their nerfs). i dont get what your moaning about, what exactly do you want to happen
28 Jun 2017, 18:23 PM

^

This. Heavy TD supported with JP4 and StuG, who still fire faster than Jacksons and will rip them up and will always Pen (or almost always). Panzershreks and Mines will also deter from T34 and M10 swarm diving as well. Ele and JT don't need to be able to 2 shot a Jackson to still be a force on the battle field (if anything it highlights how silly the Ele/JT dynamic with Jacksons is in team games currently).
28 Jun 2017, 18:29 PM

Christmas came early this year.
From the popcap adjustments, big improvements to doctrines that needed love, to the HVAP rounds fix...
USF Core might be finally be able to lategame without picking a Commander <444>3
28 Jun 2017, 18:38 PM

Wel yeah if we're ignoring the fact that it 2 shots TDs in live (3 with revamp) and 3 shots mediums, and has what, like 100 range and heavier armor than most allied heavies.
28 Jun 2017, 20:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge

do i need really to provide replays for obvious nerfs to niche units that most people know really..??
you can see their playercards too right..??
you see the difference in their axis and allied stats right..atleast for mr.smith?? and okw for miragefla

as far communicating wiht pro players i need reciept i need the extent of involvement i refuse to believe devm would have suggested something as ridiculous as sturmtiger nerf

My involvement until now has been on suggesting things to help with the penal meta as soviets, the call-in meta and finally the USF as a faction. Keep in mind that even though feedback is given in the end its up to miragefla and Mr Smith if they want to incorporate what has been suggested since opinions on how the game should be balanced differ a lot.
28 Jun 2017, 21:22 PM

We ran out of post space. Thus we had to break the original post into two threads:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/62083/western-front-armies-revamp

(Please continue to provide feedback on this thread)
28 Jun 2017, 21:38 PM

Any chance you guys could take a look at the 1919 LMGs? They're not really worth 70 munis as-is and could do with either a small cost decrease or some minor niche ability.

Also, the M3 halftrack's CP display is still bugged. Its commander menu shows it as being a 3cp unlock, but in-game it actually unlocks at 2.
28 Jun 2017, 21:54 PM

Any chance you guys could take a look at the 1919 LMGs? They're not really worth 70 munis as-is and could do with either a small cost decrease or some minor niche ability.

Also, the M3 halftrack's CP display is still bugged. Its commander menu shows it as being a 3cp unlock, but in-game it actually unlocks at 2.

We could look into LMG cost.

As for the commander previews, we can't really do anything about them; those are locked at relic side :O
28 Jun 2017, 23:18 PM

I feel that the M3 should be left at 3cp. The buff it received is more than enough to make it desirable. Not to mention that in "High Resource" games, you can roll it out immediately. That is a HUGE advantage for the USF in those games. Being able to reinforce on the field almost as soon as the game starts.
29 Jun 2017, 07:14 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Missing:

AI Partisans v1.8
-Reinforcement cost reverted to 25
-Decap rate modifier increased from +15% to +30%

FHQ Changues
Has disappeared from changelog

29 Jun 2017, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 07:14 AMcapiqua
Missing:

Done, thx!