russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
27 Jun 2017, 10:32 AM
Patrion 14

OKW, an already struggling faction.
Onto the fartlist it goes.
27 Jun 2017, 10:48 AM

Because in tests and gameplay, that you have unlikely participated in, the unit can easily knock out ATGs, infantry and support weapons from a very far distance without ever needing to expose itself since its greatest enemy for its secondary, terrain, is no longer an issue. The ability still has less scatter than any sort of artillery-like ability of the sort ex: SU-76.

It is still the furthest range super-heavy TD with the most armor that can provide AI support.

gimme a break.....the unit is one of the most expenisve units,was the slowest tank,and very very weak to flanks just has one dedicated role......you nerfed its damage its rotations and increased its popcap........and the ai comment shows your bias so much its a timed ability in one spot for munition its nowhere near levels of isu152.you might as well take this ability away or to terrain feature change
27 Jun 2017, 10:58 AM

"Tiger Ace
We are changing the Tiger Ace mechanic to make it more fair (both ways), while keeping it unique.

- Cost changed from 800MP to 720MP/240FU (with buildings)
- Penalties reduced from -25%MP -90% (forever) FU to -20% MP -50% FU for 8 minutes"

Tiger no longer fits it initial role and break a number core game mechanics and thus it should be redesigned.

Design:

Remain unique but not an "I win button". The fact that it comes out fully vetted mean it does not follow normal unit preservation rules and that it is balancing between being able to change the tide or useless.

So the focus of the redesign is to allow the unit progress although fully vetted.

Suggestion:
A)
1) Remove all Penalties. (The penalties make the unit unsuitable for different game modes since they might be to low in 1vs1 but to harsh in bigger modes)

2) Reduce CP to 9-10

3) Replace Tiger ACE with a Stug ACE. Why a Stug? Because a specialized vehicle will be easier to balanced and because Tiger is reference to Wittmann who actually use stugs before getting a Tiger.

4)Allow Stug Ace to normally gain veterancy but gain no bonuses. Once it reaches vet 3 allow it to be refitted for a Tiger ACE.

B)
1)Remove all penalties
2) Have the unit start as normal Tiger with no XP but allow it vet to level 4 or 5 with extra bonuses at those levels.
These changes will allow the unit to progress other units while remaining unique.
27 Jun 2017, 11:27 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Little design suggestion for leIG 18 abillitites.

How leIG 18 abillitites looks like in the EFA ravamp

Change them on this:

This icons are in the gamefiles and used by M8 Scott. They fits together much more, than icons from EFA revamp.

P.S. Or i can make new smoke icon, based on leIG HE barrage :p

Also, will be good to standardize icons for howitzers and MRLS. For examle:

For 203-mm and higher (B-4, railway arillery or 240-mm artillery)

For 152-mm (ML-20, possibly Sturmpanzer IV vet 1 abillity)

For 105-mm (leFH 18, Priest)

Lower, than 105-mm (Sexton)

For mini-howitzers (M1 Pack-Howitzer, Leig, M8 Scott, SU-76 and ZiS-3 barrage abillity, but except M1 pack-howie vet 2)

For MRLS (except Land Matress and Wurfrahmen 40)

All icons only from the gamefiles
27 Jun 2017, 14:04 PM

OKW tanks are cheaper now in terms of fuel. If you want to keep FRP on all the time, you should be expecting to play OKW in resource-starved mode.

Being able to retreat a shorter distance means you have better map control and more resources than you normally would.

We first want to make sure that our changes to OST, Soviets and OKW are solid before we move to the other factions. That way, we will save a lot of unnecessary effort going back and forth.

i like resource penalty for FRPs, do you use this NEW FRP to ukf and usf ? or apply different limitations ?
27 Jun 2017, 15:10 PM

Onto the fartlist it goes.
Have some class peasent. I know you are alien to the word 'class', and that is too demanding for you, but still

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2017, 23:42 PMnee

No one's saying it's so bad it can't even be a half-serious mod to try in custom games.
Yes, no allied only player has shown any kind of criticism yet, but appreciation and excitement.

Look, the only reasons they are using some of these out-of-this-world ideas is because they have no other options; there are not any balance mods on the steam workshop and they are damn certain they are not willing to spend money on a professional balance designer.

So they are doing this out of desperation.
27 Jun 2017, 15:57 PM

Look, the only reasons they are using some of these out-of-this-world ideas is because they have no other options; there are not any balance mods on the steam workshop and they are damn certain they are not willing to spend money on a professional balance designer.

So they are doing this out of desperation.

This is more what an act of desperation looks like. Kappa.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/61526/cccp-an-alternative-look-at-revamping-factions
27 Jun 2017, 18:14 PM

sure,i was inddeed implying that but the overall concept and structure of okw in this patch is nowhere elite and resource starved but quite the opposite of it actually,and this patch is quite disrespectful of the historical tanks and soldiers even through abstraction of it through a gameplay lens(falls losing to standard infy(obers nearly),jadtiger nerfs...etc )

If you want elite and resource starved and niche like okw was supposed to be, then rework volks and take out p4.

It is pretty disrespectful to historical okw infantry and tanks. Where are the 60 and 14 year old volksgrenadiers and the catastrophically inferior numbers on the German side of the western front? Where is the shoddily made steel on the front of panzers, and the constant malfunctions and mechanical failures?

Please stop with the "coh should be more historical" crap.
27 Jun 2017, 18:32 PM

If you want elite and resource starved and niche like okw was supposed to be, then rework volks and take out p4.

It is pretty disrespectful to historical okw infantry and tanks. Where are the 60 and 14 year old volksgrenadiers and the catastrophically inferior numbers on the German side of the western front? Where is the shoddily made steel on the front of panzers, and the constant malfunctions and mechanical failures?

Please stop with the "coh should be more historical" crap.

do you read my post carefully i said abstraction of history through the lens of modern gameplay =/ historicaly accuracy (which i am not fan of but should be in somewhat ballpark...now the power level is too similar this is what i am saying or are you gonna try to derail futher..??)
27 Jun 2017, 18:41 PM

do you read my post carefully i said abstraction of history through the lens of modern gameplay =/ historicaly accuracy (which i am not fan of but should be in somewhat ballpark...now the power level is too similar this is what i am saying or are you gonna try to derail futher..??)

You say you aren't a fan of historical accuracy but complain that falls lose to standard infantry with like 120 muni in weapon upgrades. That doesn't add up. What do you mean by "the power level is too similar" though? Are you referring to the above about falls and obers?

It's not really "derailing", because I'm responding to your comments pertaining to balance, unless your views of historical accuracy shouldn't have any bearings on balance.
27 Jun 2017, 18:54 PM

Guys, could you kindly stop trying to derail the thread?

Anybody that claims that EFA Revamp fallschirmjaegers lose to standard infantry in the mod, obviously hasn't played the mod.

People that are trying to bullshit you, obviously do not deserve your attention; so stop giving them your attention and they will go away.
27 Jun 2017, 19:41 PM

I don't see anyone throwing bullshit at anyone else around here.

People are curious about the ideology and motivation behind these moronic axis nerfs, when the statistics from professional tourneys and similar sources indicate that axis factions are not in need of such nerfs/removals/pseudo-revamps.

Is there any guy from the modding team man enough to claim responsibility and explain, in full detail the reasoning behind any of those changes?

I guess not because all I am seeing is crying and anger.
27 Jun 2017, 19:56 PM

It is pretty disrespectful to historical okw infantry and tanks. Where are the 60 and 14 year old volksgrenadiers and the catastrophically inferior numbers on the German side of the western front? ....

You are probably confusing "Volkssturm" and "Volksgrenadier". Only the first where poor quality troops.

As for OKW, they represent the 6th Panzer Army as it was getting ready to take part in the Ardeness offensive and the unit was very well equipped and had the numbers.
27 Jun 2017, 20:02 PM
Developer Relic Badge

If we're talking five levels of veterancy:

Five levels of veterancy should have never put OKW above other units after their initial change from the resource-starved faction to what we had in December 2015. It should have put them on-par, but give them additional tricks and abilities to help them out. OKW don't cost more than the other side as part of a random mark-up. Their cost is based on their performance in-game and has been adjusted to such.

You still have the flavor of veterancy 5 and you get things that most units either need an upgrade or doctrine to get. Paratroopers need LMGs to get suppression abilities. Obers get that as part of their veterancy package in Revamp that you can use to turn the tide without taking away any of their combat bonuses that they would get later on which are on-par with EFA.

Veteran Jagdpanzers are still lethal when attacking from ambush, but there is no justification for why that a level 5 Jagdpanzer should deal 400+ damage from stealth which is more than a Jagdtiger or Elefant.
27 Jun 2017, 20:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't see anyone throwing bullshit at anyone else around here.

People are curious about the ideology and motivation behind these moronic axis nerfs, when the statistics from professional tourneys and similar sources indicate that axis factions are not in need of such nerfs/removals/pseudo-revamps.

Is there any guy from the modding team man enough to claim responsibility and explain, in full detail the reasoning behind any of those changes?

I guess not because all I am seeing is crying and anger.

Has anyone bother to filter all the 3-0 results, the match ups were the skill difference between player was enormous or the map advantage ?

https://www.coh2.org/topic/60453/gcs-placement-match-stats-w-updates
https://www.coh2.org/topic/60453/gcs-placement-match-stats-w-updates/post/604810
https://www.coh2.org/topic/60897/gcs-main-round-stats-w-updates
:rip: coh2charts, which showed that across the board (on way bigger sample* size but more volatile**) 1v1, 2v2+, been AT or random, Axis had between 5%/20% WL disparity?

*accounting for not just first 2 weeks after release
**(top250 having too much disparity)

Why are the results so different and even more with the patch at April something been mostly a nerf to UKF and SU cheese?
Could it be that on a tournament environment, on which even at the top been a big skill gap, where map/spawn position pick and counterpicking faction/commanders is a possibility, it's a completely different environment than on the ladder these same players play?

Check this: who are the most vocal people on this thread which has the most extreme points of view?
A-Pro players
B-Top ranked players
C-Players with an actual playercard/replays uploaded to the site
D-People who we do not know which mode they play, at what rank they play or if they actually play the game.

IMO, at 1v1 pro level of play, the balance is mostly fine with the exception of certain "cheeses". What the mod team tries to solve is the clutches which currently some factions are enjoying while giving more tools or buffs to certain units/factions/aspects which can't see play because they are been overshadowed by the "ez pz style" of play.
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak