Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
25 May 2017, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2017, 16:51 PMGarrett
Something happening to British trenches? Those things definetly need some changes...
They are already changed to match the Ostheer Trenches. They cannot be built on uncontrolled territory and can be stolen.
25 May 2017, 21:32 PM

is possible to improve durability of pak43 ?
25 May 2017, 21:57 PM

I tired your mod. It is a pretty nice job. Finally get someone try to rework the whole junk Easter Front. Thx.
I have some suggestions for you.
I am a pro-soviet player. So I only tried soviet. There could be some bias in my sentences. So if you see something you don't like. Please just ignore them.

First. Soviet lack some sort of nonindustrial defensive system to counter german mid game infantry-blobs. The HMG had been nerfed pretty badly by relic, even though you have buffed it. I think it is still unworthy to build one. Nerf Demo is kind of necessary. I know it is kind of tricky. But most of the pro-german players will at least upgrade one of their engineers with a mine deceter. So that have actually made the Demo completely useless already. Both of what i just mentioned are two old ways that most soviet players used to counter blobs. Since relic had eliminate one of them. It will not make any sence if you just eliminate another one.

Second. Just encase you don't know. Soviet 152mm Heavy Field gun is actually doing less AOE (1, 0.15, 0.05) damage than German 105mm Light Field Gun(1, 0.35, 0.05). This makes Ml-20 can hardly kill any infantry unless it is a direct shot. Please check it out. And think about it if you want to change it.

Third. 203mm super heavy artillery. Your price changed is actually higher than what it orginaly was. Decrease damage and two shots per barrage are not necessary. I am sure there won't be any fool just leave a unit over there and let you shot it. If you were trying to make it into a building counter unit. Its damage deal to buildings is way too low. In the last game I just played. It literally took me more than 10 barrages( 20 shots) trying to take out the OKW T4( This including the miss shots). But, if you were just trying to nerf it. Please do not nerf the unit and increase its price in the same time. People will stop producing it if they realize it.

Once again thx for your work. I like it. Keep it up.

25 May 2017, 22:06 PM

is possible to improve durability of pak43 ?

Why? It has massive range, can be recrewed, and literally shoots through everything. Compare that to 17pdr.
25 May 2017, 22:37 PM

i been using the hell out of the B4 the last few days and its damage is just lack luster asf, when u hit a tank it hardly takes dmg and it just moves out of the way. i feel like its better at keeping units from points but its not a killing unit anymore. it needs a dmg boost 425 or something, its not like the shells ever hit the same spot to hurt a tank like it used to. maybe give it 50% dmg boost at lvl 3 now? idk but its not worth it anymore... i rather take the old 20 pop cap 1 shell one over this tbh
26 May 2017, 06:35 AM

Why? It has massive range, can be recrewed, and literally shoots through everything. Compare that to 17pdr.

pak 43 have very low HP and is useless, although 17pdr is useless too like okw 20mm flak, i think Unofficial (more official than relic) Balance team should focus on emplacements for next update.
26 May 2017, 07:09 AM

pak 43 have very low HP and is useless, although 17pdr is useless too like okw 20mm flak, i think Unofficial (more official than relic) Balance team should focus on emplacements for next update.
. 17pdr is not useless. On maps like crossing and road to kirkoff it can me very useful. But unlike every other emplacement it actually needs to be heavily supported. And you also get brace and self repair and whatever the upgrade is to make it more durable.
26 May 2017, 08:45 AM

. 17pdr is not useless. On maps like crossing and road to kirkoff it can me very useful. But unlike every other emplacement it actually needs to be heavily supported. And you also get brace and self repair and whatever the upgrade is to make it more durable.

maybe pak 43 with new cost be more useful. we should test it but still i think pak43 need more HP, just a bit
26 May 2017, 09:31 AM

Panther
We are increasing the performance of the OST Panther, turning it into a vehicle better fit to hunt advanced-mediums/heavies, without impacting its anti-medium-tank performance much. We hope that this will make the Panther complementary to the Stug, rather than let one vehicle completely overshadow the other vehicle.

-Damage increased from 160 to 200
-Population cap increased from 16 to 18 (to prevent spam)
-Veterancy 2 bonuses swapped places with Veterancy 3 bonuses
-Armour bonus removed from veterancy (health bonus remains)

The Problem with Panther is not actually the unit itself but the fact that it has a dedicated role that it has trouble fulfilling. The change so far seem to have brought the Panther into even worse position.

I might perform better vs Premium medium (T-34/85) but it will match up worse vs IS-2, ISU1-52 and KV-2 since they seem to have been buffed more than Panther has.

Although the unit is great the opposing heavy TD (Su-85, M36 Firefly) are simply to effective against it while the medium vehicle like T-34/76, M10 can simply swarm it.

Suggestion:
1) one can tun the unit into a vehicle with more utility with AP/HE rounds

2) One can turn the unit into flanker tank with good mobility, small size ,good accuracy on the move and lower price.

3) One can turn it into a slow firing long range TD.

4) or One can turn it into a vehicle designed to counter allied supper heavies by keeping damage to 160, increasing ROF and adding bonus damage or abilities vs Supper heavies.

Imo the current design of the unit simply does not work and either the unit need redesign or the allied heavy TDs need to become less effective against it.
26 May 2017, 11:09 AM

Brummbar
We are making it easier for the Brummbar to line it shots. At the same time, we are slightly adjusting its performance to compensate.

-Penetration reduced from 140/120/100 to 50
-Vanilla attack scatter increased from 2.5 to 2.8
-Bunker buster (vet1 ability) scatter increased from 2.5 to 4.8
-Added QoL changes to projectile to improve aiming

Imo the units is still inconsistent being average when used with autofire quite lethal when used with attack ground, average on low vet quite tough when vetted.

Suggestions:
1) increase scatter when using attack ground decrease scatter on autofire. This will make damage more consistent

2) Decrease lethality (AOE) but increase the chance of unit to survive by increasing mobility and/or armor.

3) Change the vet bonuses to increase the offensive bonuses of the unit and the performance vs moving targets with things like faster projectile speed and lower arc of fire when direct fire is used.

4) Add utility to the unit with increasing the performance vs emplacements (similar to avre). For instance the barrage ability could do extra damage to fortifications or be better vs braced fortifications.
26 May 2017, 19:06 PM

Tiger Ace
We are changing the Tiger Ace mechanic to make it more fair (both ways), while keeping it unique.

-800MP/240FUEL (with buildings)
-Penalty fixed to 8 minutes

The units does not actually feel like an ACE compared to the Tiger

If one factors in cost (Price+penalty), CP cost, sorter range and limit to 1 the unit if UP compared to the normal Tiger.

suggestion:
Since Relic did decide to remove vet manipulation, a good solution imo would be to allow the unit to Vet. Give a new set of abilities to the unit and allow it to reach higher vet level (4 or 5?) bring cost and down to Tiger level. Leave the limit to one per game and the unit will be much more easily balanced.
26 May 2017, 19:33 PM

-ISU shells are way to slow.. i used to get way more kills then i do now, they say it was buffed? no it def was not. the shells are way to slow bring back to old shells, all the ISU needed was penetration buff.

-SU76 cant pen well anymore...for it being able to only take 2 shells from the panther charging it.... theres no way its even any kind of match now. while reversing running away, the panther makes it turn while trying to rotate it and su76 always runs into things to. its range is no match for charging panthers, it evenhave trouble vs mediums now more then ever.

-demo charge for what it does needs a muni reduction, like 45 cost would be fine, look at what the reigal mine does for its cost its a great deal. u cant say the same for demo. i think the demo still needs alot of looking at. if its going to be that weak and have a force retreat it should have way more aoe since its not killing things anymore.

-tripwire change really neccesary? was anyone abusing these crap mine flares there no way, so why are cons ect having to take so long to make them? might as well take off this useless ability then. or revert changes and make them kill again. these thing suck ass and they dont even give vision that long.

26 May 2017, 22:31 PM
Developer Relic Badge

@frostbite

1. We will likely modify the ISU in the next build after V1.3 to be more straight-line. AOE changes likely.

2.Support with other units against Panthers or use SU-85s. SU-76 can force off mediums and also has a stronger barrage to dislodge inf.

3.Note it can still kill wounded infantry units and will often kill buildings and the units inside.

4. They still oneshot the model that walks over them.

Speaking of which, v1.3 is deployed.

v1.3 Changelog

26 May 2017, 23:05 PM

FHQ will be pretty weak, need more defence
26 May 2017, 23:06 PM

It is. That's why we aren't going to modify other types of infantry (e.g., Volks) until we're sure about Conscripts.

Close DPS was indeed upped by 5%; that's only to make the curve less retarded (live Cons trade best at range 25).

The biggest buff was far DPS which was upped by 25%. That & the vet bonuses (and green cover, of course) make Cons the go-to defensive infantry for Soviets.

I wouldn't want to buff HTD yet. This is because how much better Conscripts are at long-range now (they beat G43 grens with Vet). The fact that you no longer have to close in that much means that they might already be able to take MGs down frontally (I haven't tried it!)

... Mission accomplished?

I understand the notion of adjusting conscripts mosins to be more reliably consistent.

I don't understand the notion of changing conscripts entire profile of effectiveness.
26 May 2017, 23:32 PM

@ miragefla kv2 was shooting homing shells?
27 May 2017, 00:49 AM

@ miragefla kv2 was shooting homing shells?

they added it in version 1 of this balance stuff
aaa
27 May 2017, 01:09 AM

Molotovs are not unlocked in 95% of games. permanent vet delay?
27 May 2017, 01:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2017, 01:09 AMaaa
Molotovs are not unlocked in 95% of games. permanent vet delay?
maybe they should get a range increase to?
27 May 2017, 01:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2017, 19:06 PMVipper
sorter range

It doesn't have shorter range (from what i tested on the live version). The bonification from vet is still applying (the extra range at vet2)

Smoke Bombs
We have allowed this ability to be used in the FoW so players can use this before launching offensive strikes.

-Can now be targeted in the fog of war

PD: IB4 abuse. Remove recon done by the smoke plane.
PAGES (56)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight