Login

russian armor

Africa DLC

4 May 2017, 11:49 AM

Wouldn't the 88 Flak be the king of the battle field in terms of anti-tank?

Flak88 and of course Tiger (used in 1943 in a Tunisia). Yeah lack of OP late game tanks would be better for the balancing the game.

4 May 2017, 13:54 PM

Yep! If we go by 1942, the early model M4 Sherman with the 75mm Gun would be the overall best medium tank. The Panzer IV Ausf. F2 would beat it in penetration, but the low armor of the F2 would help offset that. Even then, I can only find one source stating just 101 Panzer IV Ausf F2 / G were deployed to Africa, making them exceptionally uncommon. A German faction's main tank would be a Panzer III F/G/H/J with a 50mm L/42 gun, or being generous a Panzer III L/M with a 50mm L/60 gun.

Don´t forget the flak 88! They were used in Africa with great effect due to the open ground and clear visibility.
4 May 2017, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2017, 11:49 AMStark

Flak88 and of course Tiger (used in 1943 in a Tunisia). Yeah lack of OP late game tanks would be better for the balancing the game.

Lol tiger would actually be good in this one.

I still think coh is first and foremost a world war 2 game.
4 May 2017, 23:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2017, 10:00 AMMaret

I think this will be not cool. Because too high difference between USA forces and Vietnam partisans.For USA you will have aircrafts, tanks, artillery (in huge amounts), helicopters and e.t.c. Partisans dont have such variety of tools, only infantry, a few artillery and mortars, maybe few soviet tanks. If you will start to balancing USA and Vietkong it will be looking as fighting between small groups of infatry with call-in arty strikes and tanks as final bosses.
I think only hypothetical war conflict between USA an USSR will be interesting (with EU as 3-rd nation). Because their forces equal and variety of tools the same.

Lol, and USA will lose every campaign by default yeah?

And anti air
5 May 2017, 16:10 PM

We need a new Faction, but not Africa corp. New faction with what we`ve missed from COH1. For example( Flak 8.8, FAU, bicycle, Marder 3, bergetigr and so on).
5 May 2017, 16:49 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Relic should release a full modding tool with 3d model import/export tool and all this stuff. That would be easier...
JB.
5 May 2017, 17:49 PM
5 May 2017, 19:22 PM

Don´t forget the flak 88! They were used in Africa with great effect due to the open ground and clear visibility.

I was talking about Medium Tanks primarily. The eighty-eight would certainly be a fearsome anti-tank weapon. As for the Tiger itself, it depends on the game's exact time frame. Tiger I's were deployed at the very end of 1942 in single-digit numbers, by the start of 1943, they have 11 Tiger I's in Africa.
6 May 2017, 14:16 PM

I was talking about Medium Tanks primarily. The eighty-eight would certainly be a fearsome anti-tank weapon. As for the Tiger itself, it depends on the game's exact time frame. Tiger I's were deployed at the very end of 1942 in single-digit numbers, by the start of 1943, they have 11 Tiger I's in Africa.

Well,as far as I know the Comet came too late into the war and was then used primarily for parades. But somehow lelic thought it should be the best tank ingame, so I doubt that historical realism matters too much, as long as at least one tiger was used, they would probably be ingame, too.
6 May 2017, 18:06 PM

Well,as far as I know the Comet came too late into the war and was then used primarily for parades. But somehow lelic thought it should be the best tank ingame, so I doubt that historical realism matters too much, as long as at least one tiger was used, they would probably be ingame, too.

The Comet was like the M26 Pershing: it came in at the start of 1945, killed a few Panzers over the next months, and then the war ended and it ultimately had no impact on the outcome.
18 May 2017, 15:48 PM

While Flak 88, Pz 38(t) and PzIII that are the famous Whermarch war machines but LeLic not add ingame FeelsBadMan
18 May 2017, 17:00 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Wow people still think there will be new content for coh2. It's a surprise.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 36
Russian Federation 23
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak