Login

russian armor

Africa DLC

2 May 2017, 17:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Good day gentlemens ). Many people would like to see passing of company in Africa, or even ТВД in Africa for the pair of missions for each of factions that militated there, also new commanders with a technique that militated on spaces of Africa. Thank you, expect your work)) Good luck
2 May 2017, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2017, 17:54 PMsima
Good day gentlemens ). Many people would like to see passing of company in Africa, or even ТВД in Africa for the pair of missions for each of factions that militated there, also new commanders with a technique that militated on spaces of Africa. Thank you, expect your work)) Good luck

Oh dude, you're so naive. Relick abandoned the game and concentrated on the Dawn of War
2 May 2017, 20:18 PM

Oh dude, you're so naive. Relick abandoned the game and concentrated on the Dawn of War

Sad but true, no upcoming content but patches and skins until CoH III.
2 May 2017, 20:36 PM
Donator 11

Sad but true, no upcoming content but patches and skins until CoH III.

I think it's possible that they will throw us the 6th faction, but not before it's a few months before coh3 launch. They did something like that with dow3.
2 May 2017, 21:15 PM

I think it's possible that they will throw us the 6th faction, but not before it's a few months before coh3 launch. They did something like that with dow3.

Agree.

Plus keep in mind that African front has a huge potensial so yeah it would make more sense to leave it for coh3 for example
2 May 2017, 22:05 PM

Yep, no new content for CoH2. And there's been rumors that if there is a CoH3 that it will be in some other time era. Which would be dumb, in my opinion.

A modern CoH simply needs a graphics update and cool new toys to play with. We don't even really need new factions, other than most wanting to see the Afrika Korps.
2 May 2017, 23:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved from Balance to Lobby
2 May 2017, 23:23 PM

Be prepared for Desert Storm Tech in which you have to build tents to not loose your units on the ,or off the map
3 May 2017, 00:58 AM

Yep, no new content for CoH2. And there's been rumors that if there is a CoH3 that it will be in some other time era. Which would be dumb, in my opinion.

A modern CoH simply needs a graphics update and cool new toys to play with. We don't even really need new factions, other than most wanting to see the Afrika Korps.

+1
3 May 2017, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2017, 21:15 PMStark
Agree.

Plus keep in mind that African front has a huge potensial so yeah it would make more sense to leave it for coh3 for example

This. Plus it's better to have a separate game instead of trying to shoehorn 1942 armies in a 1944 setting.
3 May 2017, 01:26 AM

This. Plus it's better to have a separate game instead of trying to shoehorn 1942 armies in a 1944 setting.

Lol wouldn't sherman be the pinnacle of armor in this setting?
Vaz
3 May 2017, 06:51 AM

CoH can work in other wars.
3 May 2017, 06:53 AM

Lol wouldn't sherman be the pinnacle of armor in this setting?

Yep! If we go by 1942, the early model M4 Sherman with the 75mm Gun would be the overall best medium tank. The Panzer IV Ausf. F2 would beat it in penetration, but the low armor of the F2 would help offset that. Even then, I can only find one source stating just 101 Panzer IV Ausf F2 / G were deployed to Africa, making them exceptionally uncommon. A German faction's main tank would be a Panzer III F/G/H/J with a 50mm L/42 gun, or being generous a Panzer III L/M with a 50mm L/60 gun.
3 May 2017, 07:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2017, 06:51 AMVaz

I agree, I already suggested that the third part was:
- or an operation unthinkable
- or the Cuban missile crisis
I propose an alternative story that would not be a problem with disputes about the historicity.

Can make the third part of the Pacific Ocean:
- US Marine Corps against the Japanese Imperial Army
- Transbaikal (Far Eastern) Military District of the USSR against the Kwantung Army
3 May 2017, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2017, 06:51 AMVaz

CoH never did the early war, though. Both CoH1 and CoH2 were based on the mid-late war. Two games, four German factions, and no Panzer III.
4 May 2017, 09:33 AM

I agree, I already suggested that the third part was:
- or an operation unthinkable
- or the Cuban missile crisis
I propose an alternative story that would not be a problem with disputes about the historicity.

Can make the third part of the Pacific Ocean:
- US Marine Corps against the Japanese Imperial Army
- Transbaikal (Far Eastern) Military District of the USSR against the Kwantung Army

Wouldn;t just be better to make Vietnam or Korea? It would sell in USA and Asia - two biggest game markets

4 May 2017, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2017, 09:33 AMStark

Wouldn;t just be better to make Vietnam or Korea? It would sell in USA and Asia - two biggest game markets

I think this will be not cool. Because too high difference between USA forces and Vietnam partisans.For USA you will have aircrafts, tanks, artillery (in huge amounts), helicopters and e.t.c. Partisans dont have such variety of tools, only infantry, a few artillery and mortars, maybe few soviet tanks. If you will start to balancing USA and Vietkong it will be looking as fighting between small groups of infatry with call-in arty strikes and tanks as final bosses.
I think only hypothetical war conflict between USA an USSR will be interesting (with EU as 3-rd nation). Because their forces equal and variety of tools the same.
4 May 2017, 10:11 AM

A modern CoH simply needs a graphics update and cool new toys to play with.

a graphics update in RTS sector nowadays means getting 2004 optics and animations
4 May 2017, 10:23 AM

Yep! If we go by 1942, the early model M4 Sherman with the 75mm Gun would be the overall best medium tank. The Panzer IV Ausf. F2 would beat it in penetration, but the low armor of the F2 would help offset that. Even then, I can only find one source stating just 101 Panzer IV Ausf F2 / G were deployed to Africa, making them exceptionally uncommon. A German faction's main tank would be a Panzer III F/G/H/J with a 50mm L/42 gun, or being generous a Panzer III L/M with a 50mm L/60 gun.

Wouldn't the 88 Flak be the king of the battle field in terms of anti-tank?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★