Login

russian armor

Teamgame dominant meta

PAGES (31)down
3 Jun 2017, 23:07 PM

You forgot to mention smth you literally see every game, Penals -> 120mm (sometimes Dshka) -> T34-85 -> Katy. Each unit itself is not op, but the combination of those is probably the strongest in the game...

Gets rekt by jt and ele tho.
3 Jun 2017, 23:36 PM

Gets rekt by jt and ele tho.

Uhmm no? T34 swarm is probably the counter versus JT/Ele. Still got your mortars to easily destroy Flak HQ and Penal blobs.
3 Jun 2017, 23:39 PM

Uhmm no? T34 swarm is probably the counter versus JT/Ele. Still got your mortars to easily destroy Flak HQ and Penal blobs.

On paper sure but have fun with a bunch of engine damaged 130 fuel t34/85s sitting right in the enemy lines if you try to dive. There's still other players' tanks too.

And even if you lose the JT/ele (unlikely), if you kill at least 3 t34s you've made a very positive trade.
3 Jun 2017, 23:41 PM

On paper sure but have fun with a bunch of engine damaged 130 fuel t34/85s sitting right in the enemy lines if you try to dive. There's still other players' tanks too.

And even if you lose the JT/ele (unlikely), if you kill at least 3 t34s you've made a very positive trade.

But most maps -except that one abomination of a map- have 3 VPs, and JT or Elefant can only cover one lane/VP. With mobile T34s you can easily harrass the other two. I think there is nothing else as effective as holding flanks.
4 Jun 2017, 01:47 AM

But most maps -except that one abomination of a map- have 3 VPs, and JT or Elefant can only cover one lane/VP. With mobile T34s you can easily harrass the other two. I think there is nothing else as effective as holding flanks.

True but that means there's still the other players to cover one (or both) of the other two vps. The thing is, you even saying this in the first place sort of supports my point, as "it can only cover one lane" is almost akin to saying "it's super powerful, don't bother trying to fight it". You do make a good point that it's slow to react, but really other teammates just doing their thing pretty much mitigates that.
4 Jun 2017, 01:59 AM

I don't know if people in this thread noticed, but I immediately read this text in Trump's voice after 2-3 sentences. Well done .

Ahaha, man yes, it's fits Trump-style perfectly))
4 Jun 2017, 02:28 AM

current meta:

1. Forward Retreat Points
2. Arty - still favouring allies
3. JT, ELE, Sturm
4. emplcements

Good work mod team! Current patch is huge improvement.

1. I think there's a strong argument to remove all forward retreat points. Soviets and Ost don't have them so suffer greatly in terms of map control.

The only one I can see being balanced is the Brit glider, seeing as it's doctrinal and easily destroyed.

It messes with the suppression mechanic. It means blobbing as Brits, US, OKW is ok because you can just retreat, heal up and get back on the field quickly.

I play almost only OKW and I'd be glad to see FRP be removed for all factions.

2. Also, Brit medpacks mean IS can absorb some damage but stay out on the field anywhere and even heal up other units. Compare that to the other factions who have to: pay munis/build medbunker, risk losing ambulance, risk losing FHQ.
4 Jun 2017, 02:35 AM
Patrion 14

1. I think there's a strong argument to remove all forward retreat points. Soviets and Ost don't have them so suffer greatly in terms of map control.

The only one I can see being balanced is the Brit glider, seeing as it's doctrinal and easily destroyed.

It messes with the suppression mechanic. It means blobbing as Brits, US, OKW is ok because you can just retreat, heal up and get back on the field quickly.

2. Also, Brit medpacks mean IS can absorb some damage but stay out on the field anywhere and even heal up other units. Compare that to the other factions who have to: pay munis/build medbunker, risk losing ambulance, risk losing FHQ.

yep.

my list wasnt really balance issues but more of gameplay issue where i cannot find a game where it does not follow the same cookie cutter experience that goes like this:

1.early game - awesome
2.FRP , first emplacements (snowballing starts)
3.overwhelming rocket arties
4.super heavies with no counter and emplacement blobs

-----------

but apart from that i must say balance is better.
4 Jun 2017, 05:46 AM

Yes! I just made a thread about this with the exact same point actually.

About the medpacks, I think they are about unfair, but funnily enough, the fact that they are there makes me soft retreat my IS's a lot more if they, say, take a non-lethal mortar round or a rifle nade to the face in heavy cover. I don't really have any suggestions on reworking it without making it really really shitty though. My only point would be that once I upgrade my platoon cp, I never go "man, I really need to choose between pyrotechnics kit and medical kit" I just click the healing one. This is both because it's really good, and also that the alternative is mediocre at best without airburst shells. I also only make two infantry sections, so that might be a part of it too.

I just realized soviets don't have any way of healing on the field. Rip. Usf gets ambulance/medics, okw get battlegroup, healing with vet, and sturmpio boxes, ost gets bunker and vet1 medkits, and brits get IS medpacks and vanguard ops medics. Soviets get nothing vodka(?)
4 Jun 2017, 11:25 AM

True but that means there's still the other players to cover one (or both) of the other two vps. The thing is, you even saying this in the first place sort of supports my point, as "it can only cover one lane" is almost akin to saying "it's super powerful, don't bother trying to fight it". You do make a good point that it's slow to react, but really other teammates just doing their thing pretty much mitigates that.

They are pretty powerful, that's true, but they are also dedicated at units and the most expensive ones in the game. Still, they are far from being indestructable (I have the feeling the Elefant in early stages of CoH2 was pretty much more powerful than it is now after the introduction of Brits). If you have the control of the other two VPs you can usually start flanking attacks. Ofc it is very map dependent, there are maps on which these units are extremely strong, but then there are maps where they are completely worthless.
4 Jun 2017, 12:40 PM

Calliope
- Impossible to counter using Axis armour
- Rework barrage to Katyusha levels
- HP/Armour to Priest levels

Part of the problem with calliope is that due to its high durability it can fire devastating fire from point blank range. My suggestion would be to greatly increase minimum range so that it is unable to fire point blank.
4 Jun 2017, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2017, 12:40 PMVipper

Part of the problem with calliope is that due to its high durability it can fire devastating fire from point blank range. My suggestion would be to greatly increase minimum range so that it is unable to fire point blank.
It's certainly the most sensible way to change it. You have my vote.
4 Jun 2017, 12:59 PM

LoopDloop on that katikof crusade.
4 Jun 2017, 15:17 PM

LoopDloop on that katikof crusade.

the difference is:
Katitof revealed his playercard
4 Jun 2017, 15:56 PM

the difference is:

I can put player card up if you want. Not really hiding it, just no one ever asked.
4 Jun 2017, 16:17 PM

the difference is:

Well I can't go into this, I don't put up mine either lol
5 Jun 2017, 19:39 PM

b]Brit medpacks mean IS can absorb some damage but stay out on the field anywhere and even heal up other units. Compare that to the other factions who have to: pay munis/build medbunker, risk losing ambulance, risk losing FHQ.

Well, the medpacks are pretty strong for field presence and soft retreats, that's true, but you should not forget that Brits probably have the weakest healing overall. You always need a IS with medpack whereever you have your other units, or they won't get heal (unless they go to the IS ofc). If medpacks are changed, maybe the medics from the glider should be available at the hq, too - for a higher price ofc.

6 Jun 2017, 00:57 AM

I don't think things are a huge improvement, but they are certainly heading in the right direction. Still credit is due to the work done by the mod team. Their frustration dealing with Relic is very obvious and props for continuing the work in the face of it.

For forward retreat points, let's not remove the mechanics that make the game fun to play and factions feel unique, that would be silly.

The Brit med packs are fine, it is true that it can help prevent soft retreats; but any player applying proper pressure won't have that issue.

Indirect arty is certainly a problem in larger games, but mostly players bring it on them selves by encouraging the enemy to make it via some kind of Sim City or turtle strat (as any team), so that's ok with me too. People who are properly offensive and spread out nicely don't really suffer heavily from it.

The larger JT and Ele are effective, but only in functional teams. Largely though I see so many retards trying to fight the best anti tank units in the game with tanks. By that point in the game people seem to some how forget the usefulness of strong AI inf backed up by PAKs.
But maybe there is some works to be done here. I feel that I am sort of forced to pick JT some times because there are often lots of allied tanks poking with hit and run tactics and Reketons just don't have the range/acc to punish this. So improving Reketon or slowing down repair times in general might see a reduction in these heavy AT units.

I'd suggest, to improve things quickly; start looking at the maps. They seem like the biggest issue right now.
6 Jun 2017, 03:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2017, 00:57 AMNano

I don't think things are a huge improvement, but they are certainly heading in the right direction. Still credit is due to the work done by the mod team. Their frustration dealing with Relic is very obvious and props for continuing the work in the face of it.

For forward retreat points, let's not remove the mechanics that make the game fun to play and factions feel unique, that would be silly.

The Brit med packs are fine, it is true that it can help prevent soft retreats; but any player applying proper pressure won't have that issue.

Indirect arty is certainly a problem in larger games, but mostly players bring it on them selves by encouraging the enemy to make it via some kind of Sim City or turtle strat (as any team), so that's ok with me too. People who are properly offensive and spread out nicely don't really suffer heavily from it.

The larger JT and Ele are effective, but only in functional teams. Largely though I see so many retards trying to fight the best anti tank units in the game with tanks. By that point in the game people seem to some how forget the usefulness of strong AI inf backed up by PAKs.
But maybe there is some works to be done here. I feel that I am sort of forced to pick JT some times because there are often lots of allied tanks poking with hit and run tactics and Reketons just don't have the range/acc to punish this. So improving Reketon or slowing down repair times in general might see a reduction in these heavy AT units.

I'd suggest, to improve things quickly; start looking at the maps. They seem like the biggest issue right now.

It's true, the 2v2 maps are bad. They are half the reason the big tank destroyers are an issue. Try flanking on Karkov, lol.

But I do think forward retreat points are too much of a benefit. If you add up the 45 seconds saved per retreat - 20 seconds run home, 25 walk back - (plus the soft retreatability they offer), it's clear Sovs and Ost are at a distinct disadvantage. I doubt individuality would suffer if they were removed.

6 Jun 2017, 03:10 AM

It's true, the 2v2 maps are bad. They are half the reason the big tank destroyers are an issue. Try flanking on Karkov, lol.

But I do think forward retreat points are too much of a benefit. If you add up the 45 seconds saved per retreat - 20 seconds run home, 25 walk back - (plus the soft retreatability they offer), it's clear Sovs and Ost are at a distinct disadvantage. I doubt individuality would suffer if they were removed.

I do agree, there is a disadvantage in not having a forward retreat point. I would like however to not see this mechanic removed as it ads an element of fun to the game.

I would propose perhaps reworking the Forward HQ ability with Sov and introducing one for Ost. At the moment the FHQ is utterly broken, being able to deploy it anywhere instantly is just horses arse balance.
I guess something like:
- Remove instant set up.
- Require zone control to set up and reinforce.
- Remove free medics.
- Add a forward retreat upgrade for 300MP.
- Add medic upgrade for 100MP.
- Limit to one at a time and keep commander specific.

(Or something similar perhaps?). That way you have an option to use if required.
PAGES (31)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS