Login

russian armor

Contest: New Maxim vet1 ability

5 Apr 2017, 14:54 PM

Short "Hit the Dirt" ability

For 20 muni, all Maxim crew members will hit the dirt, taking 20% less damage, incoming acc and suppression for 6 seconds.

Would be useful when flanked or if player needs to stay under mortar fire a few more seconds.

Maybe 3-4 sec reduced damage from small explosives weapon to make maxim have a counter play to Ostheer rifle grenade
5 Apr 2017, 16:28 PM

You're all winning!

Will there be a public COH2.org/ Official Forums Poll? Add to this post? WE WANT A TRUE WINNER #ParticipationTrophy
6 Apr 2017, 08:18 AM

Pay munitions
+ Suppression
++ AOE Suppression
-- Damage
Maxim can only retreat cannot move etc once activated (Like the old .30cal hit the dirt ability)

Spray and Pray increased Suppression and AOE Suppression stop large blobs in their tracks however provides little to no damage to units and affects friendly units.

Basically use it to blunt a blob but you can't just rush your units in to take advantage of all the pinned units as your units will get pinned also.
6 Apr 2017, 08:39 AM

Will there be a public COH2.org/ Official Forums Poll? Add to this post? WE WANT A TRUE WINNER #ParticipationTrophy

Poll is not required. Let the modding team do their thing.
6 Apr 2017, 09:57 AM
Donator 11

All i see here is suggestions for abilities that make maxims win mg wars even more or negating flanking damage, i hope the team doesn't consider theses awful suggestions. Problem with maxims are their big crews.. i don't see how you can give the maxim a useful vet1 ability without making them spammable again. Reduce their crew to 4 if you are gonna give them good abilities.
6 Apr 2017, 10:52 AM

As soviet it's all about combine arms, i think maxim should get boost for soviet infantry. Like if infantry (not support weapons) will get increased accuracy or reduced suppression. It's will do maxim usefull only with infantry. Maybe increased distance of fire for mg, if we want to boost only maxim (infantry works like advanced observers).
6 Apr 2017, 23:20 PM

Аmbush camouflage

switchable, free

-movement speed multiplier 0.1
-camouflage in cover
-"first strike" supression bonus

7 Apr 2017, 01:59 AM

Yeah people forget the vet 1 ability trades to captured weapons too lol.

Recrew a maxim with falls and laugh...
7 Apr 2017, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2017, 09:57 AMspajn
All i see here is suggestions for abilities that make maxims win mg wars even more or negating flanking damage, i hope the team doesn't consider theses awful suggestions. Problem with maxims are their big crews.. i don't see how you can give the maxim a useful vet1 ability without making them spammable again. Reduce their crew to 4 if you are gonna give them good abilities.

If you reduce the crew to four men why even build the thing? It doesn't setup so fast anymore.
7 Apr 2017, 04:43 AM

Personally given the nerfs the maxim will be receiving I don't see any real reason to remove the sprint ability. Given the design of the maxim as a wheeled mg it makes sense that it could be moved more easily.I'd strongly suggest to leave it as is
7 Apr 2017, 07:36 AM

Vet 2 "Get around them" 50 ammo

A one time only us, and only if there are 6 models in the squad. The Maxim squad splits into a con squad and a maxim squad. The Cons can be reinforced to 6 models but the maxim is now set to only 4 models for the rest of the game, or if re crewed.

This ties into the whole soviet overwhelming manpower thing, makes the maxim easier to kill, would weaken maxim spam by making the crew easier to wipe. And lets face it cons are not that great as is so this could help them see more play/open up more builds.
7 Apr 2017, 07:38 AM

The reason it had wheels was that it was to heavy to move. The idea the one could sprint while pulling 30 KG in rough terrain is rather amusing.
7 Apr 2017, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2017, 07:38 AMVipper
The reason it had wheels was that it was to heavy to move. The idea the one could sprint while pulling 30 KG in rough terrain is rather amusing.

Then you should find it hilarious that a single man can pickup the 50 cal and run with it, especially after he just fired a few rounds from it and it would be red hot.

The historic accuracy of COH2, sadly, is just not as good as COH1 vanilla. COH1 vanilla did a fabulous job of balancing historical accuracy with needed gameplay, not perfect, but still very good.
7 Apr 2017, 14:55 PM

I do find the fact that troops can sprint with 0.50 also hilarious.
7 Apr 2017, 16:28 PM

Well the brits carry their vickers and they're both watercooled and I think related to each other. It's not a realistic game.
7 Apr 2017, 17:24 PM

There was a argument that since maxim is designed as wheeled it makes to have sprint, it does not. I simply responded that argument...
7 Apr 2017, 18:38 PM

What I find more amusing is that the cart can only move forward, reversing was prohibited by COMRADE STALIN ORDERS, NO STEP BACK.
7 Apr 2017, 19:16 PM

Since it costs munition it should do something, without beeing a copy of other MG abilities.
Some of my thoughts:

1) High suppression volley: Insta pinning of a single unit that you click on. Ability activates after beeing setup for 5 secs (-> More suppression options means you will need less Maxims. Delay of using it after setting up means you can't use it versus a flanking squad by quickly changing the direction you face in and its less effective on the attack).

2) Take cover: Doubles the cover bonus they are in versus explosive attacks for 5secs. Maxim stops shooting in this time period (-> Maxim in cover will profit versus rifle grenades and mortars, Maxim in the open will not. This supports putting Maxim in good defensive positions, while it gives no advantage when attacking on open field. Furhermore it does not protect versus flanking, because they will still die from small arms fire).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★