Login

russian armor

GCS Balance Preview

PAGES (20)down
1 Apr 2017, 12:05 PM

Maxims are at their annoying best when spammed and when used in opening build orders. Being in the same structure as at guns also exacerbates the problem.

Don't get to fancy with the solutions.

Delay their arrival, adjust reiforce cost, increase pop cap and much of the problem is solved.

If you want to be bold remove a-move from all team weapons thus increasing skill cap.

Personally i see maxims as a damage multiplier not a suppression platform. Maxims should be used in conjuction with other unit to make up for the lack of damage from cons etc.
1 Apr 2017, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2017, 11:37 AMNebaka

I still hope this is April Fool's joke, because now Maxim can't suppress Übersoldaten in green cover and pin in yellow.

were yours post somekind of an April Fool's joke :megusta:

even pioneer dont get surpressed if they were manage to get in green cover properly and the mg doesn't shoot from flanking position
1 Apr 2017, 12:24 PM

Cromwell

We feel that the primary issue with the Cromwell is that due to its speed and rotation rate, it is able to crush models far too efficiently. To reduce Cromwell crushing ability, we are are reducing its rotation rate while keeping its higher-than-average mobility by compensating with increased turret rotation rate.

To give the Cromwell a proper trade off for its highly-mobility we are reducing its moving accuracy to that of other tanks of the same class. Therefore, making the trade-off between accuracy and mobility more pronounced.

Fuel cost increased from 110FU to 120FU
Rotation rate from 38 to 32 (equivalent to Panzer4)
Turret traverse rate from 40 to 47.5 (to counteract chassis rotation reduction)
Moving accuracy multiplier decreased from 0.75 to 0.5
Increase horizontal scatter from 6 to 7.5
Distance scatter max from 6.2 to 6.4
Distance scatter obj min from 5 to 10
Distance scatter offset from 0.3 to 0.25

So the Cromwell is still cheaper AND better than the Pansy IV, while it can also come out earlier due to cheaper and faster tech? Bloody well done!
1 Apr 2017, 12:37 PM

Just add some tone down to OKW'walking stuka damage and it will more fair.

Else you are just helping the Axis in all team formats even when they are doing rather well...

Just in case it's not April'fool....
1 Apr 2017, 13:01 PM

When will this be released?

It is about time the broken British faction was looked at finally!!
1 Apr 2017, 13:13 PM
Donator 11

Vet 1 Maxim ability - some kind of passive buff for nearby conscript squads like accuracy boost as the gain confidence from the support of experienced mg crew. Helps weedy conscripts after first few min and encourages combined arms
1 Apr 2017, 13:18 PM

Permanently Banned
I can undestand this histeria with maxim, is int more easy just add cooldown time beetwen you build maxims ?
1 Apr 2017, 14:08 PM

im very afraid of this to. i just don't know how soviets will win early fights now at all. but i like balance team, i like alot of change they make. i guess i will play okw till cons get some love.

+1

All these change were needed but in the case of SU, it will make the "Underpowered" conscript even more blatant.

Conscript should be at the same level that grenadiers without lmg upgrade. but right now, conscripts will loose at all range except close range (if they manage to reach close range without loosing a single model).

+ it needs 50 fuel & 400 mp needed to unlock molotov & AT grenade :facepalm:

Don't missunderstand me, these change are fine but if you just stick to this another scope without including the conscripts inside, you are just fixing 50% of the soviet problem.

and until conscript get fixed, no one would ever use anymore SU.

Notice that i only read the first page of this thread and this could have already been enlighted by someone else, just my 2 cents.
1 Apr 2017, 14:10 PM

Can't really blame the people who claim that SU is too weak now with maxim nerf.

I mean, who doesn't like ez wins achieved by mindless spamming of the same unit?

We need to test now if soviet COMBINED ARMS is finally a required but viable strat. And if it's too weak, it'll just get adjusted, easy as that.
1 Apr 2017, 14:38 PM

Why not just stop all weapon teams from capping points. This would nerf maxim spam instantly as they would have no map control. It would also promote combined arms which is what coh is suppose to be about. They obvoiusly thought about this when they designed vcoh but i guess lesser people were involved in the design on coh2.
1 Apr 2017, 15:03 PM
Donator 33

M4C should go to T4 tech when unlocked like T34 85. Now that call in is similarl to construction time of mediums. Intent was to stop spam which is great but this solution is rather band aid like.
1 Apr 2017, 15:37 PM
Donator 11

Just tried maxims out in a short aI game. they felt pretty good - the larger arc was a big QoL boost in terms of setting up BUT when flanked unsupported the flanking squad had just enough time to move from the maxims edge of sight range to just slip past its arc when it re-positioned.

I also liked that when two units entered its arc the first was suppressed quickly but the other quite slow (with the maxim tracking across) giving time for a second unit to hurt the maxim a little / or dodge out the arc with fast micro skill. It still worked on infantry with A-move in the couple of encounters I tried but this shouldn't work when it encounters 2 units at once.

I didn't get a chance to try it 1 on 1 vs an mg42 or similar.
1 Apr 2017, 15:52 PM

Can't really blame the people who claim that SU is too weak now with maxim nerf.

I mean, who doesn't like ez wins achieved by mindless spamming of the same unit?

no need to test mod to know that conscript, in their current state, are underpowered.

you didn't read anything of my post...

SU has a big balance problem, before there was weak conscript and very strong maxims/penals. But not that penals and maxims get nerfed (which is the thing to do), i say that conscript need to get buffed at the same level.
1 Apr 2017, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2017, 07:55 AMA_E
Plea to forum users:

Ok this needs to be said and I'm going to absolutely beg forum users,

Please actually read the notes properly and actually play this balance test before commenting, we need your actual advice based on evidence not pulled-out-of ass "I reckon" material, it just clogs up communication channels and if you're not basing it on experience it's practically worthless to Mr. Smith and co.

This is a lot more time sensitive than previous patches, it's small, it's fast, and it's gotta be tight. Or it won't happen.

Please read the notes properly, play them in game, offer good feedback.

And also no it is not an April fools joke!

Then you should also plea that people remember that the only thing that separates their opinions of experience from their worthless opinions are replays. Your opinions need accompanying replays to prove to the team that your experiences and opinions are valid.

(And those who can't record replays without throttling their game performance just can't have opinions! And watching top player's streams and their replays don't count!)

That (salt) said: Yeah, maxims are certainly nerfed. I feel like they're dealing more damage now though.

Garrisoned maxims, which were a big part of the issue, are unaffected by the arc changes.

Soviet v OKW has fundamental issues that probably won't be solved by any amount of nerfs, buffs, or PTRS. I mean, the maxim has been a crutch for soviet early game for years now. I'm not sure breaking the crutch is giving them any stronger a foundation for balanced matchups.

Increasing reinforce costs and removing sprint are definitely good changes. But I'd go so far as to reduce the damage to 2, split the difference in suppression values of this and live version, and reduce accuracy by 10-20% of current values.
1 Apr 2017, 18:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

But I'd go so far as to reduce the damage to 2, split the difference in suppression values of this and live version, and reduce accuracy by 10-20% of current values.

Literally did this in testing. It took a bit of finessing with the other stats to even out with the new burst length and not have it have no damage or none/too much suppression. The values weren't picked arbitrarily.
1 Apr 2017, 18:31 PM

Noob Question:

are these changes supposed to be in the final game too as well?

then i will try to playtest it as much as possible the week after next (don't have time the next few days) as the cromwell and comet changes just made me orgasm 3 times in a row

1 Apr 2017, 18:47 PM

- Just delete Penals, snipers, Scout cars, Sov mines, Det charges,
Maxims, AT gun's barrage, AT gun Zis3, 45mm AT gun, Guards, Mortars,
120mm mortars, Shock troops and Partisans.

Then delete T3, and T4.

- Then do same for USF, and Brits.
- Also remove the ability to make more than 1 engineer.
- Remove trenches/fighting positions and barb wire from these units.

Now that's a patch that 83% of COH2 players would cheer for.

- Then add axis vs axis mirror match in automatch.

Hear the boooing ;)
1 Apr 2017, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2017, 06:41 AMSpanky
:clap: Call me skeptic, but this must be a april fools joke. Hard to believe relic would have another patch within a month. :luvCarrot:

+1

I ask myself the same question the whole day :D
1 Apr 2017, 18:53 PM

Noob Question:

are these changes supposed to be in the final game too as well?

then i will try to playtest it as much as possible the week after next (don't have time the next few days) as the cromwell and comet changes just made me orgasm 3 times in a row

yes
1 Apr 2017, 19:11 PM

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243814/gcs-balance-preview-changelog

Ok.Not April's fool.

Massive nerf of the Cromwell *AND* making it 120 fuel vs 110 fuel is...

If before it was 10+10+10 vs 30...
Balance is 6+6 vs 30.

Weaker and fewer.

If anything, could you at the very least reduce the pop cost of
Brit-AT 17 PDR emplacement from 20 to 10.

Also, perhaps a scuttle ability to Brit emplacements?
Also never understood why brit trenches can't be shared, but OKW/Wehr
trenches can?
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment