Login

russian armor

GCS Balance Preview

PAGES (20)down
1 Apr 2017, 06:53 AM

Note that, while there might be some scepticism going around, it was not April 1st in Vancouver the time when the mod was released!

I don't agree with your strategy to nerf UK popcap while putting KT pop nerf on the backburner for 'reasons'; and pending a US pop fix. You should implement all future pop changes now and balance around it early.

changes to pop will make a good impact on axis silly endgame dominance meta (and yes specifically in team games)
1 Apr 2017, 06:55 AM

Very promising indeed!
1 Apr 2017, 07:02 AM

I don't agree with your strategy to nerf UK popcap while putting KT pop nerf on the backburner for 'reasons'; and pending a US pop fix. You should implement all future pop changes now and balance around it early.

changes to pop will make a good impact on axis silly endgame dominance meta (and yes specifically in team games)

The difference between Comet and KT is that the Comet is not limited to 1.

Getting 1 single Comet will still very much be worth its 20 popcap, due to getting access to White Phosphorus.

The scope of this patch was the bare minimum to help accommodate the GCS tournament (and help get all changes through this time).

However, we were very careful about how to touch the things that we did. Apart from Soviets, everybody still has cheese they can abuse to win in teamgames. Fireflies still haven't changed. Calliope hasn't changed.
1 Apr 2017, 07:12 AM

I like your ideas, and how you go for authenticity. Can you elaborate a bit more on your ideas?

Would sustained fire reduce the cooldown by a lot, but be an ability targeted against 1 particular unit (e.g., like Volley fire)

Would sweeping fire have a similar interface to the Centaur?

Thanks!

Sustained Fire I figured would be a timed ability that ends either when the magazine runs dry, or the time runs out. It'd just be full-auto against whatever runs in front of it, but a smart player would manually re-target the gun to spread the suppression more evenly if necessary. If there's no enemies to shoot, the gun won't be shooting and the timer will just run out. It's similar to how the MG-42's ability functions as far as activation and targeting goes, but instead of damage and penetration it's just non-stop shooting.

Sweeping Fire is a different take on the idea, it continues shooting when there's no target and doesn't require manual targeting, so it's more of an AOE suppression ability. But in that manner it's a lot more of a one-click wonder and I'm not sure I like that as much from a gameplay perspective.

I should clarify that the ability would be for a yet undetermined munitions cost.
1 Apr 2017, 07:33 AM

However, we were very careful about how to touch the things that we did. Apart from Soviets, everybody still has cheese they can abuse to win in teamgames. Fireflies still haven't changed. Calliope hasn't changed.

Not really what I'm talking about though. The axis end-game dominance meta has more potential than whatever allied cheese strat:

1. It's a passive attribute of the factions, not tied to specific units or call ins
2. It allows versatility and options in the end game that the cheese factions don't get

Pop cap changes need to include these items as consideration as well.
1 Apr 2017, 07:39 AM

Maxim changes are a-coming.

Good.
1 Apr 2017, 07:45 AM

Not really what I'm talking about though. The axis end-game dominance meta has more potential than whatever allied cheese strat:

1. It's a passive attribute of the factions, not tied to specific units or call ins
2. It allows versatility and options in the end game that the cheese factions don't get

Pop cap changes need to include these items as consideration as well.

Heresy!
Phy
1 Apr 2017, 07:47 AM

I hope it's not an aprils joke. I like all the changes, I'm just a bit worried about SU without any buff to cons or either other unit.
1 Apr 2017, 07:50 AM

It's an April fools joke.

Plus they're nerfing the Brits into oblivion without the adjustments they need.

The mortar pit just has to go, and be replaced with a mobile mortar and the pit itself turned into a garrisonable emplacement.

If that is done, and the Brits are provided with a mobile in-direct fire unit that's not doctrinal and cost fuel, I will be happy with them.

Until then, these are just plain nerfs to the only Allied Army that can stand up to the Axis right now.

How do I know this? The amount of bitching that the Axis are OP again on the forums, it was the other way around before the patch.
1 Apr 2017, 07:53 AM

Heresy!

Possibly a bit much for a 2 week hot patch to meet a tourny deadline :p
A_E
1 Apr 2017, 07:55 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Plea to forum users:

Ok this needs to be said and I'm going to absolutely beg forum users,

Please actually read the notes properly and actually play this balance test before commenting, we need your actual advice based on evidence not pulled-out-of ass "I reckon" material, it just clogs up communication channels and if you're not basing it on experience it's practically worthless to Mr. Smith and co.

This is a lot more time sensitive than previous patches, it's small, it's fast, and it's gotta be tight. Or it won't happen.

Please read the notes properly, play them in game, offer good feedback.

And also no it is not an April fools joke!
1 Apr 2017, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2017, 07:55 AMA_E
Plea to forum users:

Please actually read the notes properly and actually play this balance test before commenting, we need your actual advice based on evidence not pulled-out-of ass "I reckon" material, it just clogs up communication channels and if you're not basing it on experience it's practically worthless to Mr. Smith and co.

This is a lot more time sensitive than previous patches, it's small, it's fast, and it's gotta be tight. Or it won't happen.

What part of Brits need a none-doctrinal none-fuel costing in-direct fire unit that is mobile and easy to balance is not making sense to you exactly?

My suggestion about replacing the pit with a garrisonable emplacement and putting a mobile 3-inch mortar team in T1 covers both concerns about mobility of the British Army and balance cries of the Axis about the pit in it's current state being OP.

Of course it can be expanded upon but for now there is no sensile reason why not to at least experiment with it.

It's also in the scope this time so...
1 Apr 2017, 08:06 AM

suggestion about Comets current state

Only 2 thing to change
1) Remove Tank Commander (which makes Comet stand alone Tank)
2) Reduce its Rear armor

suggestion about Artillery Cover Ability

Planes Drop powerfull bombs on Tanks (similar to OKW in Overwatch Doc)
Infantry cannot be targeted
This would involve counterplay with Ostwind and ec
1 Apr 2017, 08:16 AM

suggestion about Comets current state

Only 2 thing to change
1) Remove Tank Commander (which makes Comet stand alone Tank)
2) Reduce its Rear armor

suggestion about Artillery Cover Ability

Planes Drop powerfull bombs on Tanks (similar to OKW in Overwatch Doc)
Infantry cannot be targeted
This would involve counterplay with Ostwind and ec

Plea to forum users:

And also no it is not an April fools joke!
1 Apr 2017, 08:25 AM

1 Apr 2017, 08:31 AM

This is the kind of shit one shouldn't make April Fool Jokes about. You shatter Peoples hopes and dreams relic
1 Apr 2017, 08:33 AM

Movement accuracy standardization is long overdue. It was ridiculous being able to bullrush a P4 with a Cromwell, knowing that as soon as you force the P4 to start moving then it's in trouble. Same for Comet vs Panther.

Is it better to scale the new armies down to the original 50% of the EFA, or would it be better to drag all factions up to 75%?

With the high Axis armor, getting those finishing shots to hit the rear armor during a flank are going to become all the more difficult and, in aggregate, costly.

75% movement accuracy would also immediately make the Panther much more useful.
1 Apr 2017, 08:41 AM

No M10 nerf, no Pak40 stun round nerf FeelsBadMan
Overall good way to victory Kappa
1 Apr 2017, 08:41 AM

Wait, wait a minute.

Relic could possibly make an april fool here? xD
A_E
1 Apr 2017, 08:44 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

This is not an April fools joke it is unfortunately timed, Grand Championship Series Entries open today, the tournament starts on the 22nd April. We need to balance 5-6 dominant units that missed the WBP scope. Fire up CoH2 and get testing.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS