Login

russian armor

MARCH 28th UPDATE

PAGES (12)down
22 Mar 2017, 16:29 PM

Thanks to the team that worked on this. I think we can all appreciate how many bugs are now taken care of, bugs that could cause games to actually change.

Hopefully we will see a patch that deals with some of the still outstanding meta problems in the future.
22 Mar 2017, 16:43 PM

Scope too strong

Killer Queen already touched the Scope.

22 Mar 2017, 16:45 PM

Why remove Market Ruins but leave Forest? Market was quite fine.
22 Mar 2017, 16:58 PM

Looks like AT Satchels didn't make it?

Talked with Smith. Satchel made it live, just Kyle cannot write patchnotes properly :D :hansGG: :brad:
22 Mar 2017, 17:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Talked with Smith. Satchel made it live, just Kyle cannot write patchnotes properly :D :hansGG: :brad:

Brace yourselves, ninjas are coming :ph34r:
22 Mar 2017, 17:10 PM

nice fat nerf for allies and buff for axis once again. time to adjust n crush like usual
22 Mar 2017, 17:13 PM

I appreciate this patch being made. Thank you for your work.

As someone who likes the german faction, I am a little afraid of how Brits being mostly out of Scope(tm) will play out. As someone who likes the Brits, I'm afraid that you've nerfed the salvage value of the USF ambulance.
22 Mar 2017, 17:35 PM

Dat 222 ultra nerf
22 Mar 2017, 17:43 PM

Dat 222 ultra nerf

Rejoice, for now after having 4 years of lackluster light vehicles as Ostheer, you have no viable light vehicle as Ostheer.

In all honesty, it was way to easy to get like 3-5 of them and dominate the field lol.
22 Mar 2017, 18:02 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I think people should be less critical of Relic, or the "why is comet not nerfed *cries*" and be more positive and thankful that a game is getting a balance patch nearly 4 years after its release.
22 Mar 2017, 18:04 PM

Rejoice, for now after having 4 years of lackluster light vehicles as Ostheer, you have no viable light vehicle as Ostheer.

In all honesty, it was way to easy to get like 3-5 of them and dominate the field lol.

The 222 was viable before the patch. Mostly because a pair of them countered light vehicles quite well without breaking your bank account. The Stuart and T-70 may be weaker now, but they still are good enough to easily take on a single 222, and getting two will be impossible now (or will bite you in the arse later on, as the perfect teaching strucure leading to perfect tanks like the Pansy IV will come even later than it already does).

Meanwhile, the 222 still can't properly fight infantry, because it is the only vehicle of its class that for no reason at all has to be able to take damage from small-arms fire. It is also worse at fighting vehicles, due to the lower firing rate, while it gets a totally useless penetration buff - that thing never had trouble penetrating Stuart's or T-70s reliably, so the penetration buff doesn't change anything at all.

The sniper has been nerfed, and a few rather inconsequential nerfs to Allied infantry (inconsequential, because the nerfs we're talking about only affect late game infantry) happened. The only crutch remaining to Ostheer is StuG spam now, although I don't doubt that will be taken away as well as soon as the Cromwell is put into the realm of krank medium tanks.

We will see how this plays out, but if it is anything like the previous patches with similar changes, he results will be exactly as I have foretold. Not that it matters much, another six months with Relic sticking their thumbs up their arse will mean the end to the playerbase, with the exception of perhaps a couple hundred grizzled veterans. We saw the same thing happen in CoH1, the fact that nobody at Relic has learned from that is quite telling.
22 Mar 2017, 18:07 PM

I think people should be less critical of Relic, or the "why is comet not nerfed *cries*" and be more positive and thankful that a game is getting a balance patch nearly 4 years after its release.

I don't understand that issue. Once you read and understood the concept of scope in this regard, all discussion about it and issues beyond it are obsolete, period. Relic will now evaluate how the patch will be received and respond accordingly, by getting more aspects into the scope or by restricting it even more, depending on if this community balance stuff is a thing to stay. Simple as that.

Let's just hope that they liked doing balance work together with our community members and that they will move on to other balance issues for the next iteration. Until then, play the game, give feedback and hope that they deliver the patch smoothly and in full extent.
22 Mar 2017, 18:15 PM
Senior Editor Badge

22 Mar 2017, 18:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Has anyone complaining about the 222 changes actually played the patch?

The 222 was ridiculously cheap and effective for the price as an AT-unit. Are you really going to argue about a light vehicle costing less that a JEEP was beating light tanks?

The changes to the mg will end up evening out the performance, because it was bugged before. The mg was actually incredibly powerful, it just never fired. Against infantry the performance is pretty much the same as before; it's just more reliable now.

Against other light vehicles at a distance it will be slightly better now too, with the added pen and accuracy.

The only real nerf was to the cost, which was more than overdue. It's not designed to be a YOLO spam unit anymore, now it is a scouting and soft vehicle counter tool, which should be obvious because it is a SCOUT CAR.

Every light tank in the game was also nerfed, btw. Across the board light vehicles were overperforming.
22 Mar 2017, 18:35 PM

The 222 was viable before the patch. Mostly because a pair of them countered light vehicles quite well without breaking your bank account. The Stuart and T-70 may be weaker now, but they still are good enough to easily take on a single 222, and getting two will be impossible now (or will bite you in the arse later on, as the perfect teaching strucure leading to perfect tanks like the Pansy IV will come even later than it already does).

Meanwhile, the 222 still can't properly fight infantry, because it is the only vehicle of its class that for no reason at all has to be able to take damage from small-arms fire. It is also worse at fighting vehicles, due to the lower firing rate, while it gets a totally useless penetration buff - that thing never had trouble penetrating Stuart's or T-70s reliably, so the penetration buff doesn't change anything at all.

The sniper has been nerfed, and a few rather inconsequential nerfs to Allied infantry (inconsequential, because the nerfs we're talking about only affect late game infantry) happened. The only crutch remaining to Ostheer is StuG spam now, although I don't doubt that will be taken away as well as soon as the Cromwell is put into the realm of krank medium tanks.

We will see how this plays out, but if it is anything like the previous patches with similar changes, he results will be exactly as I have foretold. Not that it matters much, another six months with Relic sticking their thumbs up their arse will mean the end to the playerbase, with the exception of perhaps a couple hundred grizzled veterans. We saw the same thing happen in CoH1, the fact that nobody at Relic has learned from that is quite telling.

You'll probably see less Light tanks in the first place, or if you see them have more time to react with your infantry since they removed their wipe machine potential.
In resume, no need to invest on 2x222 to keep them at bay, one is enough with your pak and gren.

I hope Relic will re-do the experience and bring a patch dedicated to remaining issues.
22 Mar 2017, 18:49 PM
Donator 11

Why remove Market Ruins but leave Forest? Market was quite fine.

Agreed. Out of all maps, the Bryansk Forest is the biggest offender. No offence nebaka, its a beautiful map, but it doesn't play well. I would keep all the maps as they are but this one has to go.
22 Mar 2017, 19:10 PM

We felt that pioneer damage output was under-performing and proving ineffective in combat

:snfPeter:
help prevent the Lieutenant tier from dominating over the Captain tier

:snfPeter: :snfPeter:
Unfinished wire/sandbags/tank traps (aka ghostbags) will self-destruct automatically if there is no longer an infantry squad (owned by the same player) within 10 meters of the unfinished fortifications for 5 seconds.

It should get destroyed right after building is cancelled.
Fixed an issue where several Off-map abilities (mostly belonging to Soviets, OST, OKW) could still be targeted in the base sector

Dive bomb included?
Fixed an issue where the second mortar belonging to the mortar pit would deal reduced damage while barraging.

It fired with 3/4 power then and now fires full? :snfPeter: :snfPeter: :snfPeter:
22 Mar 2017, 19:18 PM

my body is ready for 99 rear echelons KappaPride
22 Mar 2017, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2017, 18:35 PMEsxile

You'll probably see less Light tanks in the first place, or if you see them have more time to react with your infantry since they removed their wipe machine potential.
In resume, no need to invest on 2x222 to keep them at bay, one is enough with your pak and gren.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2017, 18:20 PMTobis
Every light tank in the game was also nerfed, btw. Across the board light vehicles were overperforming.

Not quite right. Some light tanks just need a bit more time to wipe inf now.

The AEC received massive buffs, and it can out-cheese the Stuart's stun shot by its new thread-breaking shot. The T70 is a lot more durable now. The Stuart has better penetration, and can vet faster.

Not to mention the fact that the new PIAT is a super Bazooka-Shreck hybird.

Allied Light Tanks will be still powerful, and people will be building them as often as they used to. The 222, on the other hand, has literally no purpose anymore, as by the time it arrives the allied "Scout/Clown Cars" have done the their damage.
22 Mar 2017, 19:55 PM

Permanently Banned
So wait guys, guards nerf are to hard (i am dunno why you decide make double nerf of price and stats).
So no m3 buff (so many words was writing here from you, that early light vehicles must more useful), like we see you guys like to talk many like relic.
No m20 buff (hello dead tier vs okw). Luchs more cheaper, nice one guys, if it was allies light vehicle meta, no its will be okw.
So new patch its will be OKW and Ostheer vs brits, its will be even more terrbile then now. And sometimes its will be maxim spam.
Nice one guys, 4 month of work for this, i must say if you build pyramides, its will be not ending in 2017.
Can you explaine why you dont add another change and why this ?
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak