russian armor

Kyle wants feedback on the PIV

PAGES (10)down
8 Dec 2016, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2016, 07:51 AMVipper
My suggestion is not to nerf Stug.

Reduce the penetration of Stug

Ha.

On the topic of target tables, I do not want to see target tables used for anything other than broad classifications, and even then used only sparingly.

Good stance. I remember CoH1 was a hot mess of rules due to extensive use of target tables. How are you supposed to know that Engineers are equal Panzergrenadiers? Lets say Panzergrenadiers out of the box are worth 3 Volksgrenadiers, and we know 3 Volksgrenadiers will destroy Engineers. We also know that Panzergrenadiers can hold off an Infantry Section, which the strongest starting unit. Therefor Panzergrenadiers should destroy Engineers, but they don't because CoH1's DLC was balanced around target tables.

This is a lesson Relic learned and is why CoH2 shipped without target tables. They only implemented them begrudgingly as a way to balance special match-ups. Like scout cars vs snipers, because snipers could retreat and outrun the scout car beforehand, but upping scout car DPS would imbalance everything else. They introduced target tables so that a scout car could chase down an unprotected sniper.

Can you give me a single precise matchup that you consider imbalanced in the game that absolutely requires the use of target tables to solve?

Because, I currently cannot.

Penal PTRS :snfCHVGame:

Nah but really, it could be useful if you wanted to make rework airplane fights to go off 'time under fire' instead of 'chance to kill'. But aircraft do not abide by normal game rules, so that is acceptable imo. I'm sure there's areas it could have it's uses, but I cannot think of any right now either. Target tables are a special tool for when every function works except one, and changing that one will break all the others. See scout car - sniper example.
8 Dec 2016, 23:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2016, 16:00 PMFul4n0
just my opinion.

Dude, all you do is criticise... Step into Smith's shoes before you go arguing against the next thing, yeah?
Chances are the dude does it out of own good will, and yet you continue to criticise and negate everything...
9 Dec 2016, 09:04 AM

What is the best way to balance this medium tank without negatively affecting the other mediums?

Lower the cost.

Cost decrease should also affect Command Panzer.
9 Dec 2016, 09:18 AM

Use of target tables, obviously, is a design antipattern and is analogue of spaghetti code which causes maintenance costs to skyrocket.

Mr.Smith, I highly recommend you to use them only as last resort solution only when every other option has failed.
9 Dec 2016, 09:37 AM

Ha.

1) I am suggesting the same nerf of far penetration for the SU-76
2) Lowering Stug/SU-76 penetration will hardly affect the ability of these vehicles to counter medium armor. It will affect their ability to fight Heavy/Super heavy vehicles.
3) I am also suggesting a number of steps to improve Panther performance vs Heavy/Super heavy tanks...

Its a change of role for the Stug/Su-76 from a cost effective counter to all vehicles into a "medium tank" destroyer.
9 Dec 2016, 13:34 PM

Common...we pay 200fuel for a Panther...why is it a crime that it has a good AI performanche like the Comet?

Since is suck vs Armor...and vs infantery...its clearly to expensive.

Other factions get much more power for this price
9 Dec 2016, 13:47 PM

Common...we pay 200fuel for a Panther...why is it a crime that it has a good AI performanche like the Comet?

Other factions don't even get the opportunity to have stock 320 armor 800hp vehicle with high speed and pen. The Comet is worse against tanks than the Panther, hence he gets better ai capabilities.
9 Dec 2016, 14:37 PM

Other factions don't even get the opportunity to have stock 320 armor 800hp vehicle with high speed and pen. The Comet is worse against tanks than the Panther, hence he gets better ai capabilities.

lol in terms of overall performance, the comet shits on the panther.

And yh using target tables is not a good idea, should only be used as last resort
9 Dec 2016, 14:44 PM

how can i kill something with armor and Hp?

Than i want a churchhill... for 140 gas...
9 Dec 2016, 14:55 PM

Because only Brits get the Comet, buffing the Panther will also affect the balance with US and SU, which don't have a stock tank that can stand up being compared with the Panther.
9 Dec 2016, 14:55 PM

how can i kill something with armor and Hp?

Armor and HP give you enough time kill enemy and it will help keep the tank alive for gaining vet.

If tank hit, damage is reduced just to the level of armor. And sometimes medium tank can not even shoot through Panters armour.

Panther is best tank in game. Enough speed, penetration, HP and armour for every situation. Just use it with caution and slow gain vet.
9 Dec 2016, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2016, 14:55 PMAradan

Armor and HP give you enough time kill enemy and it will help keep the tank alive for gaining vet.

If tank hit, damage is reduced just to the level of armor. And sometimes medium tank can not even shoot through Panters armour.

Panther is best tank in game. Enough speed, penetration, HP and armour for every situation. Just use it with caution and slow gain vet.

i would give u a panther in actuall status every secound if i would get a comet or pershing.

their reload time, dmg vs armor,speed,price AI and nice stuff tools are great comparded to the poor panther...

look how great the comet is with its vet and nice stuff per click...
9 Dec 2016, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2016, 14:55 PMAradan

Panther is best tank in game.

:rofl::facepalm:
9 Dec 2016, 15:02 PM

9 Dec 2016, 15:10 PM

i would give u a panther in actuall status every secound if i would get a comet or pershing.

their reload time, dmg vs armor,speed,price AI and nice stuff tools are great comparded to the poor panther...

look how great the comet is with its vet and nice stuff per click...

White phospor is buggy as hell.

OKW
Panther PzKpfw V 'Medium' Tank

vet1 Unlocks the 'Combat Blitz' ability

vet2 +10% armour, +20% health, +40% weapon rotation speed

vet3 -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +30% ac/de-celeration

vet4 +10% range -25% scatter

vet5 +25% accuracy on the move, +11 sight radius

OST
PzKpfw V Medium Tank

vet1 Unlocks the 'Blitzkrieg' ability

vet2 +10% armour +20% health, +40% weapon rotation speed

vet3 -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +10% ac/de-celeration

Brits
A34 'Comet' Cruiser Tank

vet1 Fires White Phosphorus instead of normal smoke

vet2 +35% Weapon rotation speed , +30% accuracy

vet3 +30% Speed, Crew will attack nearby targets with their grenades by default, +20% Acceleration

look how great the comet is with its vet I am looking, but Panthers vet look still more better.

I have no problem achieve 10-20k damage with Panther and with Comet also. For team games they are good choice.
9 Dec 2016, 15:57 PM

Dude, all you do is criticise... Step into Smith's shoes before you go arguing against the next thing, yeah?
Chances are the dude does it out of own good will, and yet you continue to criticise and negate everything...

If Smith does a good job, and I'm sure he will, Relic should hire him for coh3.
9 Dec 2016, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2016, 15:10 PMAradan

OKW

PzKpfw V Medium Tank

Now check the abilities of UKF tanks and their XP value you wll get a better picture:
Tank Commander
+10 sight, +10% accuracy, +20 camouflage detection radius, +20% experience gained
Emergency War Speed
-25% received accuracy, +35% speed, +60% acceleration.
Smoke Rounds
British Comet Phosphorus
Hammer Tracking
Grenade
9 Dec 2016, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2016, 15:10 PMAradan

White phospor is buggy as hell.

OKW
Panther PzKpfw V 'Medium' Tank

vet1 Unlocks the 'Combat Blitz' ability

vet2 +10% armour, +20% health, +40% weapon rotation speed

vet3 -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +30% ac/de-celeration

vet4 +10% range -25% scatter

vet5 +25% accuracy on the move, +11 sight radius

OST
PzKpfw V Medium Tank

vet1 Unlocks the 'Blitzkrieg' ability

vet2 +10% armour +20% health, +40% weapon rotation speed

vet3 -30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +10% ac/de-celeration

Brits
A34 'Comet' Cruiser Tank

vet1 Fires White Phosphorus instead of normal smoke

vet2 +35% Weapon rotation speed , +30% accuracy

vet3 +30% Speed, Crew will attack nearby targets with their grenades by default, +20% Acceleration

look how great the comet is with its vet I am looking, but Panthers vet look still more better.

I have no problem achieve 10-20k damage with Panther and with Comet also. For team games they are good choice.

So panther needs its vet to even compete with the comet e.g. panther at vet 5 gets +25% accuracy on the move, you mind telling me whats the comets accuracy on the move is at vet 0?
9 Dec 2016, 16:53 PM

All these people salty over Panther being the best tank in the game. Deal with it! :snfPeter:
9 Dec 2016, 18:50 PM

All these people salty over Panther being the best tank in the game. Deal with it! :snfPeter:

NP, I enjoy both of them. :)
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment