Login

russian armor

My feelings about the game in its current state

6 Jul 2016, 14:39 PM

- Giving Panzergrens the Volks StG that´s also good on range.

On equal standing arent they already better than 2xbar-Riflemen?

Or whats the point on this?
6 Jul 2016, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 14:39 PMJespe

no 1 bar rifle is on par with them just depend on cover and who had more hp before the fight
And btw volks stg are wrost just rework their vet and they will be fine
6 Jul 2016, 16:12 PM

Ah thanks for digging out the stats. I thought the Volks StGs were equal in close quarters yet worse because there are only two.

The point I was trying to make: PGs suffer a bit from being a downgrade from Grens on range and that for 100 mp more. I´d like to see them do as much dps on range. It would be blanced as Grens were the cheaper option still and could upgrade to the MG to be superior in that role. I think PGs are a bit of a disappointment for their price considering Brens and Bars are on par with them or even way superior on range while being cheaper in the most relevant aspect (manpower).

Currently PGs are pretty much weapon crew baby-sitters or emergency AT units. Nothing really satisfying.
6 Jul 2016, 16:26 PM

I think you are underestimating just how much damage PGs deal, or the potency of their weapon profile.

Unlike SMGs that don't deal any damage at beyond range 10-15 tops, PG MP44s deal great damage.

PGrens outdps unupgraded grenadiers up until range 34 (max range is 35) (their moving DPS is also vastly superior)

PGrens outdps lmg-grens until range 25, when lmg-grens overtake.

(all the-while PGrens have superior received accuracy to grenadiers, and now have access to the god-grenade)
6 Jul 2016, 16:56 PM

last patch = total broken balance for this game......
6 Jul 2016, 18:01 PM

:thumbsup:
6 Jul 2016, 18:15 PM

Well.... Relic for some reason didn't implement all of the changes in the competitive mod, creating a state unintended by the makers of that mod, and inexplicably switched the USF mortar that was actually tested and supposed to go into the game, for another one...
6 Jul 2016, 18:34 PM

Well.... Relic for some reason didn't implement all of the changes in the competitive mod, creating a state unintended by the makers of that mod, and inexplicably switched the USF mortar that was actually tested and supposed to go into the game, for another one...

the only good thing in competitive mod is the name... sry but is my opinion. Relic should do their own work. take some ideas from the comunity can be good, but not in this way.

relic realy test their patches¿¿?? it's hard to believe.
6 Jul 2016, 19:16 PM

Exactly that's what I don't understand. Miragefla was following a concept with his mod and put a lot of work and effort in the changes he made. The way it seems now is that Relic just took a few changes out of the mod without understanding the concept and the synergy.

Why they changed the Mortar is really beyond my understanding. Why test something at all then?
6 Jul 2016, 19:25 PM

Maybe if the MG34 was unlocked when you call in your 1st Un-deployed HQ truck instead of 1st truck deployed, it would put it in a spot where it can be used in early game but not be MG42-lite in terms of placement in the tech tree.
6 Jul 2016, 19:30 PM

Well you have to realize that there was his mod and then there was the balance preview beta patch. A lot of people confuse the two.

Furthermore, miragefla isn't the only person that put a lot of work and effort into making a mod for CoH2. I mean, manual reloading and noclip territory points are great. But you could also ask why none of the units added in the mod that unlocks all 136 units were added, tested, or patched.
6 Jul 2016, 19:38 PM

My feeling with germansare just ones, they work well, OKW is cool because vet 5 looks awesome and his tech is different.

Now looking at Osthern, they work perfectly, but thats all, no especial things on infantry, tanks are also that "simple but effective", but nothing special appart that grenadiers build bunkers, which even if i end playing it doesnt feels any special, doesnt really rewards you for teching as Soviets, Tanks are just tanks with no special features in the entire match, grenadiers are the only infantry that needs a building which means that you start with less map control unless facing soviets.

Overall its a good faction, but its like a calculator, being effective doesnt means its the most amusing thing to play. Ost seems to need a rework on his units to make the faction more attractive because its just bored.

Its actually the representation of the german stereotipe: Maximun effectiveness, no fun.

I do think they need to get something on both infantry and armor that makes them different from other armies more than just not having anything special.

PD: a lot of things from the previous post apply to soviets IMO, but hey, at least they have weird shit i love on doctrines
6 Jul 2016, 20:48 PM

So? What's new? Everybody who is not a hardcore allied fanboy sees that at least Ostheer( if not OKW also) is currently UP.
6 Jul 2016, 20:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think you are underestimating just how much damage PGs deal, or the potency of their weapon profile.

Unlike SMGs that don't deal any damage at beyond range 10-15 tops, PG MP44s deal great damage.

PGrens outdps unupgraded grenadiers up until range 34 (max range is 35) (their moving DPS is also vastly superior)

PGrens outdps lmg-grens until range 25, when lmg-grens overtake.

(all the-while PGrens have superior received accuracy to grenadiers, and now have access to the god-grenade)

Problem is people lose models on approach ;)

Any upgraded squad doesn't suffer from this since their main DPS source is transferred to lost models. Improve vet1 to vet2 performance gap and PG should be golden.
6 Jul 2016, 21:59 PM

Its actually the representation of the german stereotipe: Maximun effectiveness, no fun.

I do think they need to get something on both infantry and armor that makes them different from other armies more than just not having anything special.

Holy shit, perfectly said.
6 Jul 2016, 22:11 PM

So? What's new? Everybody who is not a hardcore allied fanboy sees that at least Ostheer( if not OKW also) is currently UP.

Plus one. Axis are severely lacking lately
6 Jul 2016, 23:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 14:39 PMJespe

With equal vet (which, unfortunately, PGs will usually take some time to have), PGs reliably win against Riflemen regardless of their weapons when they're both at least at mid-range.
7 Jul 2016, 03:10 AM

... PG MP44s deal great damage.

Not disagreeing with anything your saying, but using the "MP" designation for the StG is a pet peev of mine. MP or maschinenpistole infers submachinegun when the StG has a greater calibre than the modern day AK47 and the concept went on to influence everything that we call an "assualt rifle" today. I've been trying to get my hands on a real one for 6 years now, but I did get to shoot both the thompson and MP40 a few times.

7 Jul 2016, 03:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 03:10 AMsinthe

Not disagreeing with anything your saying, but using the "MP" designation for the StG is a pet peev of mine. MP or maschinenpistole infers submachinegun when the StG has a greater calibre than the modern day AK47 and the concept went on to influence everything that we call an "assualt rifle" today. I've been trying to get my hands on a real one for 6 years now, but I did get to shoot both the thompson and MP40 a few times.

Good luck with that.

MP44's are rarer than an official SS knights cross
7 Jul 2016, 03:32 AM

/quote

Just go mechanized, Mobile Defence, or Tiger Ace and you should be able to play aggressively with whatever doc suits your play style.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★