Login

russian armor

My feelings about the game in its current state

7 Jul 2016, 22:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 14:28 PMJespe

I know that there are true problems in axis play but you don't even want to understand.

You have no fkn idea mate. Playing as OST is like being a German at a comedy festival... You're not going to have much fun.

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 15:22 PMVuther

I am looking at some serious heresy right now
(I don't actually care)

Holy shit, got more??
I'm gonna plaster these all over /mlp/ board on 4chin when I get home

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2016, 07:39 AMJespe

Yeah its a thing that usually needs tracks below it to work.

No, he is talking about body armour.
An option to further upgrade them for AI is good IMO.

How is a single Wehrmacht going to cover the whole playing field with MGs exactly?

By adding me.
If I play with 3 OKW, all I do is spam MG42 until the StuG comes along.
Issue is most of my team mates are metally challenged and 1 USF mortar shreds my MGs, so I abandon tactic.

7 Jul 2016, 22:46 PM

You have no fkn idea mate. Playing as OST is like being a German at a comedy festival... You're not going to have much fun.

Holy shit, got more??

An option to further upgrade them for AI is good IMO.

By adding me.
If I play with 3 OKW, all I do is spam MG42 until the StuG comes along.
Issue is most of my team mates are metally challenged and 1 USF mortar shreds my MGs, so I abandon tactic.

Alright, but you add me since my profile is in my Signature. And I tried going Wehr with Mech Assault but found the Mech Assault group too useless with the 250, that thing is just beyond fucking useless, wish it could at least fucking reinforce other than having an MG either by default or as an upgrade to at least be able to defend itself if not to actually supress like the PE one. Damn I miss that old halftrack from CoH.
7 Jul 2016, 23:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Holy shit, got more??

I just Google Imaged "ponies are heresy". But since the tabletop gaming board of 4chan's got a friggin' big wiki with plenty of 40K stuff on it though, I'd imagine they probably already use such pictures over there the moment they get them. On that note, Google Imaging that will still get you a bunch of ponies dressed in 40K garb.
8 Jul 2016, 06:06 AM

Yeah, i have no idea...
Stopped playing ost after people realised that mortar is hard counter for OSTs soft counter for rifleman. And its bugging makes it useless effort to relocate mg42. Playing MAD, g43 rifles and OSTtruppen just to have a chance to outplay the mortar away is not fun after couple of games.

Are you certain about this?
and no they don't need armor, if they had more armor you could just trash rangers and shocktroops with them.

...useless with the 250, that thing is just beyond fucking useless...

Have you ever tried to hunt down a damaged tank with with shrek Pgs in it? Its flimsy put it can give quite punch with shrek Pgren and people don't usually anticipate it.

...And maybe it should have some kind of small mg like UC...

8 Jul 2016, 10:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2016, 06:06 AMJespe

Yeah, i have no idea...
Stopped playing ost after people realised that mortar is hard counter for OSTs soft counter for rifleman. And its bugging makes it useless effort to relocate mg42. Playing MAD, g43 rifles and OSTtruppen just to have a chance to outplay the mortar away is not fun after couple of games.

Are you certain about this?
and no they don't need armor, if they had more armor you could just trash rangers and shocktroops with them.

Have you ever tried to hunt down a damaged tank with with shrek Pgs in it? Its flimsy put it can give quite punch with shrek Pgren and people don't usually anticipate it.

...And maybe it should have some kind of small mg like UC...

I am sorry but I still don't see the point in paying 30 fuel for a unmanned damaged vehicle finisher, and yeah I enjoyed taking down tanks like that in CoH. Difference there was I'd get 2 half tracks with a Panzer buster squad in each and flank the poor enemy tank form the 2 sides, even better when the tank had no support.

But yeah to prevent it from becoming OP maybe increase it's price to 40 fuel IF it gets an MG upgrade and reinforcing ability.
8 Jul 2016, 11:38 AM

I am sorry but I still don't see the point in paying 30 fuel for a unmanned damaged vehicle finisher, and yeah I enjoyed taking down tanks like that in CoH. Difference there was I'd get 2 half tracks with a Panzer buster squad in each and flank the poor enemy tank form the 2 sides, even better when the tank had no support.

But yeah to prevent it from becoming OP maybe increase it's price to 40 fuel IF it gets an MG upgrade and reinforcing ability.

Or cost 20 fuel like the WC50. But even the truck's got an mg, soo maybe slight mp reduction too?
8 Jul 2016, 12:16 PM

You aren't paying that fuel for the unit only. There comes this pgren with it that has unique ability to upgrade inside the HT and on enemy territory (or it did last when i used it). (honestly it should come with shrek already for that price)

Have to try those again this weekend. Why on earth i did'nt even remember that unit is in MAD...

Just wondering that usually MADder jump tier 1 but if someone jumps tier 2 and uses that HT and PGrens as primary AT until Stug... this would apparently be insane and would fit my style of play... It would not be as bad as playing brits agaist super agro OKW...
8 Jul 2016, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2016, 12:16 PMJespe

You aren't paying that fuel for the unit only. There comes this pgren with it that has unique ability to upgrade inside the HT and on enemy territory (or it did last when i used it). (honestly it should come with shrek already for that price)

Have to try those again this weekend. Why on earth i did'nt even remember that unit is in MAD...

Just wondering that usually MADder jump tier 1 but if someone jumps tier 2 and uses that HT and PGrens as primary AT until Stug... this would apparently be insane and would fit my style of play... It would not be as bad as playing brits agaist super agro OKW...

I've checked the modding files and the Panzergrenadiers should be one and the same entity so they're no different.

And yeah after not playing a hell of a lot of time with Wehr (due to obvious reasons) I came back to it yesterday and enjoyed skipping Wehr's tiers and relying on my mech group like you said as my anti tank force, the only thing I found lacking really was reinforcing on the field with that stupid useless half-track that just wasted my fuel, I would have been better off with just a PG call in, 30 fuel for a taxi with paper armor is laughable, I'd rather save it for a StuG E or the Tiger. And I can't build a bunker since I need to stay mobile and conserve ammo. Really just a simple fix would be is to give it the ability to reinforce simple as that, no need to change meta or whatever and need for complex balance of other units in order to not make it useless, just give it some more utility and a reason for it to be on the field.
9 Jul 2016, 07:37 AM

Guys, thank you all for this creative and friendly discussion. Looking at all the other threads about the balance right now, I feel like this thread is something special. There were some nice ideas and knowing that I'm not the only one who has problems playing Axis and having fun feels kinda releasing!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 33
New Zealand 25
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak