Login

russian armor

Assimetric Bombing

23 May 2016, 00:17 AM

Why are axis still able to bomb allied bases with call in arty RELIC????

Seriously it's been like 2 months and still no fix!!!!! Not even in the balance preview mod. I see this get mentioned in a bunch of other threads but still no response and it's a game breaking issue.

Either both sides are able to do it or they are not, favoring axis doesn't help convince the community that Relic is impartial in the way they balance the game. Stop catering to the axis fanboys!!!!

23 May 2016, 01:45 AM

I like how people jump on this like its some sort of Axis or Allied problem. BOTH Ostheer and Soviets can drop off-map artillery in the enemy base. OKW, Brits and USF generally cannot with the odd exception of Scavenge Artillery.
23 May 2016, 02:45 AM

BOTH Ostheer and Soviets can drop off-map artillery in the enemy base.

Soviets and UKF can't for sure. Ostheer can at least stuka bomb and OKW as you said has scavenge arty.In this case it is definitely a balance issue. If I remember correctly when Relic applied the changes they said they would apply to all factions but that isnt the case
24 May 2016, 21:57 PM

Do you even play the game? The old factions can use all artillery abilities in the base sectors. If you need help learning to play then go to the state office little guy.
24 May 2016, 22:10 PM

Soviets and UKF can't for sure. Ostheer can at least stuka bomb and OKW as you said has scavenge arty.In this case it is definitely a balance issue. If I remember correctly when Relic applied the changes they said they would apply to all factions but that isnt the case

Yes the Soviets can. They didn't start restricting off-maps from base sectors until after WFA's launch. They didn't do it retroactively for the old factions though, so they can still do it even though the new ones can't. On the other hand, the new faction's abilities are also more devastating than the old ones, which is why they started limiting them in the first place.
24 May 2016, 23:20 PM

Yes the Soviets can. They didn't start restricting off-maps from base sectors until after WFA's launch. They didn't do it retroactively for the old factions though, so they can still do it even though the new ones can't. On the other hand, the new faction's abilities are also more devastating than the old ones, which is why they started limiting them in the first place.

Sorry guys my bad, I only play soviets and brits and the commanders I use for soviets dont have Il2 bombing or incendiary. Brits can'ts for sure, I remember rushing an ostheer base with a crocodile and trying to call in concentrated barrage ability on the infantry near the hq building only to have to retreat.

Still I think this is a big issue and it's not fair that one person is be able to call arty on base sectors and the other can't. Ostheer's Stuka Dive bomb can cause serious damage to base buildings and of course wipe retreating/healing infantry near HQ and IL2 and incendiary bombs runs can kill infantry as well.
It shouldn't be hard for relic to fix this, either all factions can do it or none.
25 May 2016, 00:34 AM

You just don't notice soviets becaus the only off map arty they have is Fire bombs and propaganda.

Their off maps really suck... Because relic hates them.
25 May 2016, 01:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 00:34 AMpoop
You just don't notice soviets becaus the only off map arty they have is Fire bombs and propaganda.

Their off maps really suck... Because relic hates them.

It escapes me if they had change it but:
-IL2 single strafe run (still waiting for tracking fix for single strafes)
-IL2 loitering (this is the one i've doubt, if it was changed when they touched CAS)
-IL2 precision bombing strike
-IL2 anti tank bombing strike

Anyway, on topic, i'll rather have all offmaps not been able to be called inside enemy base. While power level of offmaps has increase with WFA/UKF, there's still some who share simil strength and they are arbitrary allowed or not.
25 May 2016, 19:28 PM

interestingly, the il-2 loiter cant be activated in the enemy base setor. also has the il-2 been ninja bufed? i used it the other day and (i know this hard to picture) it HIT and enemy unit AND it did damage!?!?! it might be a bug tho...

idk about stuka attacks, but all vanilla bombs are allowed in the base sector, this is probably because relic wants to make sure vanilla factions maintain consistency with each other in their lack of modernisation with the rest of the game..
25 May 2016, 22:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

interestingly, the il-2 loiter cant be activated in the enemy base setor. also has the il-2 been ninja bufed? i used it the other day and (i know this hard to picture) it HIT and enemy unit AND it did damage!?!?! it might be a bug tho...

Thx. I wasn't sure if it was also changed when they touched CAS. IL2 strafes aren't bad, but it's hard to make all the strafe to hit a target when the UI is wrong or the plane actually starts to shoot way before (i had posted pics about this issue)

idk about stuka attacks, but all vanilla bombs are allowed in the base sector, this is probably because relic wants to make sure vanilla factions maintain consistency with each other in their lack of modernisation with the rest of the game..

Most of offmaps were able to be call inside base. Powercreeping made it an obvious issue.
25 May 2016, 23:06 PM

What I meant about the vanilla faction being ignored is that wfa had all offmaps disabled shortly after release and ukf was released without the ability. Vanilla, aside from loiters are still allowed, this includes stuka bombing, il-2 bomb runs, frag bomb, Soviet flame arty.. You know the ones that have the biggest impact vs retreated infantry
26 May 2016, 00:18 AM

Its gay I want my base to be a bomb-free chillzone
26 May 2016, 02:26 AM
Donator 11

I vote - Remove cheese abilites that allow you to call arty into base sectors. The ability to drop bombs and such in base was allowed as you could build arty in base sector. This is not the case anymore and as such should be changed. End of story
26 May 2016, 02:38 AM

have no fear! relic is nothing of not consistent!
26 May 2016, 07:02 AM

Also remember when Stuka AT loiter rekts everything? SU's off map usually includes flame arty and PTAB, the rest is meh or pure crap (IL-2 strafe).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★