Login

russian armor

Mattress

10 Feb 2016, 13:41 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 12:18 PMYukiko

Donk donk donk! Good day. Nod. Is a certain... Mister Hans home? We have a large delivery for him...

Joking aside, mostly, the balance team does seem to have problems with their scale. Should we send them a replacement, Hans? With some bombs?

Or not. End of jokes. Sorry for having them at your expense, Hans.

Does anyone reckon there will be public testing of it?

In all seriousness, I think it's okay to maybe mess up once or twice with adding new units in, but the amount of times it has happened now is ridiculous. It's like the balance team at Relic doesn't even bother to test these new units out before release. I would be all for helping test these units (although that's not my job)if I could stream this content. Still have no idea why Relic wants to keep new commanders and stuff under NDA, people know its a work in progress, so what's there to hide?
10 Feb 2016, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 13:25 PMGrim

I just wish they would let you tow it with.....an AEC XD

This would be the best attempt of trolling I have ever seen.
10 Feb 2016, 13:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge

In all seriousness, I think it's okay to maybe mess up once or twice with adding new units in, but the amount of times it has happened now is ridiculous. It's like the balance team at Relic doesn't even bother to test these new units out before release. I would be all for helping test these units (although that's not my job)if I could stream this content. Still have no idea why Relic wants to keep new commanders and stuff under NDA, people know its a work in progress, so what's there to hide?

I don't know. Perhaps something about marketing and hype, maybe?

Relic seems to be messing this up time after time. So their balance process with this must be flawed, if they even have one. Like, are the actual game designers separated from the balance ones? Or is it some executive that insists that the commanders be strong at release for more sales?

It seems so odd to not learn from past experiences at this point.
10 Feb 2016, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 13:48 PMYukiko

I don't know. Perhaps something about marketing and hype, maybe?

Relic seems to be messing this up time after time. So their balance process with this must be flawed, if they even have one. Like, are the actual game designers separated from the balance ones? Or is it some executive that insists that the commanders be strong at release for more sales?

It seems so odd to not learn from past experiences at this point.

i am 99% sure they release them on purpose that stronk, or they are the worst game designer/balancer what ever, even worse than the warthunder and co crew.
10 Feb 2016, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 13:11 PMGrim

It is quite the coincidence that volk blobbing is at an all time high, right as they release these blob counter commanders......almost as if it was planned XD

Why patch blobbing factions and units for free (both usf and okw) when you can SELL people the solution for £3.99?

Just a thought.

Because it's wrong.
10 Feb 2016, 14:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That's great and all, but where is the Hotchkiss, Relic?
10 Feb 2016, 15:01 PM

i like new commanders.
10 Feb 2016, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 14:43 PMTobis
That's great and all, but where is the Hotchkiss, Relic?

Scrap yeard where it belongs.

Grand total of 0 was used by ostheer against soviets, some were issued to finland, but thats it.
On western front they were modified to serve all kind of purposes, but definitely not used as the coh1 tank.

Its hard a unit that doesn't match any army more then this one.
Well, SAS jeeps make equally no sense for example.

CoH1 armies were modeled on pretty much "whatever was used in war on that front across the years".

CoH2 armies have somewhat strict themes and a lot of units, especially western front early war stuff, simply makes no sense given the army themes.
10 Feb 2016, 15:26 PM

Banned
i like new commanders.

+1.

Doesn't matter for me if it's even useable as in - you can win games with the commander.
I just like new units and commanders in general.

It's called business mate.
Make a unit OP, bring it out, watch people buy the commander (ex. CalliOPe) - profit - tone it down.

You might argue that it's bad business, but if they keep doing it, I'm sure the figures are showing that it's working.
10 Feb 2016, 18:46 PM

I've been waiting too long for dis :p

I agree! Where is the goddamn commissar commander?!
10 Feb 2016, 20:57 PM

i am 99% sure they release them on purpose that stronk, or they are the worst game designer/balancer what ever, even worse than the warthunder and co crew.

No comrade, Soviet tanks really are that strong according to this Sekrit Dokument
10 Feb 2016, 21:15 PM
Coder Red Badge

Maybe it's changed since Stefan Haines and Peter left Relic, but back at the beginning of the game's life it was pretty clear based on discussions with certain people that the balance team wasn't given the opportunity to touch commanders before their release.

Regardless, it's unfortunate that downloadable content continues to be the means by which Relic chooses to address the game's design shortcomings.
10 Feb 2016, 21:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's simple. If it's Katyusha rockets it's gonna be fine. If it's PW/CalliOP rockets, well you know.
10 Feb 2016, 21:21 PM
10 Feb 2016, 22:32 PM
Donator 11

100% agree they need to do more testing with the community on new units and balance changes.
11 Feb 2016, 01:51 AM

Like to see progressive changes to stats. Not just go from one extreme to the next. Something is up/op or not meeting expectations what is wrong with testing in increments to find a happy balance.

Not just whacking something with a 40% damage reduction or an equally disproportional buff.
11 Feb 2016, 03:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 15:26 PMNight

+1.

Doesn't matter for me if it's even useable as in - you can win games with the commander.
I just like new units and commanders in general.

It's called business mate.
Make a unit OP, bring it out, watch people buy the commander (ex. CalliOPe) - profit - tone it down.

You might argue that it's bad business, but if they keep doing it, I'm sure the figures are showing that it's working.

I think every single player understands what Relic is doing by straining every penny left in coh 2, but what I think is trying to get at is there general disregard for the quality of the game and consumer base, rather then simply selling units. A well balanced commander will sell more then a cheesy OP commander that will be nerfed next month, as people will recognize it's utility over buffed shit.
11 Feb 2016, 05:10 AM

A well balanced commander will sell more then a cheesy OP commander that will be nerfed next month, as people will recognize it's utility over buffed shit.

You think so?

The past has proven otherwise.
11 Feb 2016, 05:14 AM

Why isn't there a decent RTS on Kickstarter? Screw this undemocratic bullpudding.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★