Login

russian armor

Mattress

11 Feb 2016, 05:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 05:14 AMRappy
Why isn't there a decent RTS on Kickstarter? Screw this undemocratic bullpudding.

The combination of rts games having a smaller player base in General (except moba rts ) and having a ww2 Theme (even smaller playerbase ) doenst make them profitable i think,sadly :(
11 Feb 2016, 06:39 AM

You think so?

The past has proven otherwise.

Proven otherwise from what? I'd like to see Relic come out with a well tested, community approved commander that actually attempts to abide with the units already present, and not create more issues. Or maybe I'm the only one who wants the game to go in the right direction?
11 Feb 2016, 07:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 15:14 PMKatitof

Scrap yeard where it belongs.

Grand total of 0 was used by ostheer against soviets, some were issued to finland, but thats it.
On western front they were modified to serve all kind of purposes, but definitely not used as the coh1 tank.

Its hard a unit that doesn't match any army more then this one.
Well, SAS jeeps make equally no sense for example.

CoH1 armies were modeled on pretty much "whatever was used in war on that front across the years".

CoH2 armies have somewhat strict themes and a lot of units, especially western front early war stuff, simply makes no sense given the army themes.

I believe you are forgetting the fact that they are not Ostheer anymore, they are Wehrmacht :snfBarton:
11 Feb 2016, 07:54 AM

The real question here is the patching that will be done, if any at all. I swear if Relic just releases some more fucking DLC without addressing any of the many pressing issues, I will not buy it. That's that. No more giving in to some cheesy, no fun playing winning only with shitty tactics and spam.

AEC BE DAMNED, BEFORE I PASS THIS GAME SHALL IMPROVE AT LEAST SLIGHTLY. I'M
CALLING FOR THE PEACEFUL BOY COT OF THIS NEW PREMIUM CONTENT, WHO'S WITH MEEEEE?!?
11 Feb 2016, 07:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 05:14 AMRappy
Why isn't there a decent RTS on Kickstarter? Screw this undemocratic bullpudding.

Because unless your RTS is already famous for years, it will die quickly.
11 Feb 2016, 08:16 AM

Banned

I think every single player understands what Relic is doing by straining every penny left in coh 2, but what I think is trying to get at is there general disregard for the quality of the game and consumer base, rather then simply selling units. A well balanced commander will sell more then a cheesy OP commander that will be nerfed next month, as people will recognize it's utility over buffed shit.

And I beg the differ. As Relic likes to hold on to figures, their revenue will probably disagree with your statement. Business is not always logic and that I know for a fact as I'm working in a marketing company where often high figures means doing something completely against everyone's logic.

The fact that Relic is 'making the same mistake over and over again', must mean that they do it on purpose, wouldn't you agree?
Otherwise they must be freakin' stupid :D

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS M8
11 Feb 2016, 08:22 AM

Banned
The real question here is the patching that will be done, if any at all. I swear if Relic just releases some more fucking DLC without addressing any of the many pressing issues, I will not buy it. That's that. No more giving in to some cheesy, no fun playing winning only with shitty tactics and spam.

AEC BE DAMNED, BEFORE I PASS THIS GAME SHALL IMPROVE AT LEAST SLIGHTLY. I'M
CALLING FOR THE PEACEFUL BOY COT OF THIS NEW PREMIUM CONTENT, WHO'S WITH MEEEEE?!?

Haha, I agree so hard with your signature :D
11 Feb 2016, 08:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 08:16 AMNight

And I beg the differ. As Relic likes to hold on to figures, their revenue will probably disagree with your statement. Business is not always logic and that I know for a fact as I'm working in a marketing company where often high figures means doing something completely against everyone's logic.

There is a grain of truth in there, I'm working at gaming company and often, figures while going up are definitely going against communities moods. However, I don't believe relic does that on purpose for 2 reasons.

The fact that Relic is 'making the same mistake over and over again', must mean that they do it on purpose, wouldn't you agree?
Otherwise they must be freakin' stupid :D

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS M8

And with this, we go over to first reason-they want to go e-sports, to market to wider audiences, activating new players is ALWAYS more beneficial for the game then anything else, without retention you won't have anything, so retention is always #1 prio.

Which leads to 2nd and last reason-its relic, they have NEVER managed to implement something new to the game without imbalancing it and more often then not, it had NOTHING to do with tinfoil hat theories of P2W baiting. DoW2 Chaos Rising lightning claws would be the best example ever in their career. Old LC FC and LC terminators had literally NO counter and could a-move over your whole army and destroy your base in really short time.

To give some perspective, it was literally impossible to destroy ones base in any normal game under any circumstance unless playing VS easy AI and unloading at base from multiple AT sources for 2 minutes.
11 Feb 2016, 09:04 AM

The combination of rts games having a smaller player base in General (except moba rts ) and having a ww2 Theme (even smaller playerbase ) doenst make them profitable i think,sadly :(

DID YOU SAY EARLY ACCESS ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME? WELL ALLLLRIGHTYYYY THEN!

11 Feb 2016, 09:07 AM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 08:36 AMKatitof

abusievelijk they have NEVER managed to implement something new to the game without imbalancing it

Didn't know that though. Haven't played any other game than COH2 from Relic :).
11 Feb 2016, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 08:22 AMNight

Haha, I agree so hard with your signature :D

It's kinda sad really the lack of fixing Relic has done for anything after the okw revamp. There isn't even that much left to fix. Now, with the advent of more DLC, we're going to be in the same place. This is a vicious cycle, which simply requires Relic to fix the major issues.
11 Feb 2016, 19:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 08:36 AMKatitof
they have NEVER managed to implement something new to the game without imbalancing

IB4 someone says releasing an UP commander. That's also imba.

Let's see:
Special Weapon: croco OP, Hold the line bugged, Concentrated artillery "OP"
Vanguard: croco OP, skillplanes and i can't remember what version they release with the Officer glider. Officer skill still not balanced for cost.
Tactical support: Arty cover OP, useless FOP, free recon planes with command vehicles

Recon: Greyhound canister
Mechanized: Dodge cheese and OP arty
Rifle company: not much to say
Heavy cavalry: 5 points for Gryffind.. I mean Relic. I'll argue M26 it's a bit expensive fuelwise but performance is fine.
Tactical Support: not much to say

Elite armor: UP release with bugged abilities n cheese
Scavenge: how to insta win against USF
Fortifications: or what was 2v2 meta for months
Feurstorm: point to Relic. Just fix Flame hetzer.
Overwatch: point to Relic. Just fix the skillplane sector ability.

For SU and OH it's kinda hard to make a differentiation. There's premium on release commander, premium post release (DLC like industry) and unobtainable (from ones which were unlocked prior to Warspoils through level up, up to ones which were obtained on events).

From all commanders released i think Storm might be the only one in the UP side. For the rest they had their moments to "shine" or are still top in the meta.

TL;DR: 90% something is gonna be broken on either commander.
12 Feb 2016, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2016, 10:48 AMLatch

I will get it but that just because, you know, UKF and all that but you are 100% correct, I would much rather have all arty turned into low damage, but suppression platform rather than, I don't like that squad there - dead.

It's especially annoying when they destroy buildings when you have an MG in there as it can often be really difficult to tell where the salvo is headed.

I agree with the both of you. Artillery is developping into the wrong direction. I have a huge thread about it and have put a lot of thought in but it cind off got lost... maybe if you agree you could help bring it back to attention? I dont want to selfpush ☺

https://www.coh2.org/topic/48873/the-state-and-design-of-artillery
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS