Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
27 Jan 2016, 11:59 AM

Another issue with the 222 is that imo it uses the wrong profile for its weapon.

A 222 will win against most infantries (non AT) if it move to close distance but that is negated as soon as At snares become available. The weapon should use revers profile so that the 222 had an advantage at long range.
27 Jan 2016, 12:10 PM

Can you plz make a .txt file of all the changelogs because the hyperlinks are very tedious. Or just one large spoiler

I'd like to second this, please. A consolidated version of the latest patch would be great.
27 Jan 2016, 14:41 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2016, 11:59 AMVipper
Another issue with the 222 is that imo it uses the wrong profile for its weapon.

A 222 will win against most infantries (non AT) if it move to close distance but that is negated as soon as At snares become available. The weapon should use revers profile so that the 222 had an advantage at long range.

It already got a buff, this would make it into a terminator unit that can't be killed until mid game
27 Jan 2016, 15:14 PM

It already got a buff, this would make it into a terminator unit that can't be killed until mid game

My point was instead of the increase in fuel cost and buff, to start with a change in the weapon profiles be more similar to infantry LMGs or the bren carrier LMG...
12 Feb 2016, 19:55 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Massive update will be incoming for the mod which includes lots of bug-fixes. Thank Cruzz for pointing some of these out. I haven't completed the full changelog, though it's just minor things at this point, but here's all the patch notes that have been compiled into txt as a readme for their respective factions as well as general changes.

Drop-Box file to patch notes

12 Feb 2016, 21:12 PM

That's good work!

Would you consider posting some of the stuff you did on the Bugs Forum section? Hopefully it will aid in the up-take.
12 Feb 2016, 22:08 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Very short video showing two upcoming changes to the public version:

14 Feb 2016, 10:55 AM

In you latest patch notes you have increased the scatter penalties for firing on the move for Brumbar and Dozer. Both unit already have allot of scatter and any more scatter will make completely ineffective unless using attack ground.

Imo unturreted units (or unit that have to turn to fire main gun)like the brumbar should have less penalties or no penalties when pivoting since they have to rotate to take aim. If that is not possible they should suffer less penalties when firing on the move...
14 Feb 2016, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2016, 10:55 AMVipper
In you latest patch notes you have increased the scatter penalties for firing on the move for Brumbar and Dozer. Both unit already have allot of scatter and any more scatter will make completely ineffective unless using attack ground.

Imo unturreted units (or unit that have to turn to fire main gun)like the brumbar should have less penalties or no penalties when pivoting since they have to rotate to take aim. If that is not possible they should suffer less penalties when firing on the move...

That's a good point about the Brummbar and its rotation.

On the subject of these units; would it be possible to give them a hold fire ability. That way, the user will be able to target their shells individually (with attack ground) without having to worry about timing too much. (perhaps that will also address the issue raised by Vipper)

15 Feb 2016, 04:24 AM
Developer Relic Badge

That's a good point about the Brummbar and its rotation.

On the subject of these units; would it be possible to give them a hold fire ability. That way, the user will be able to target their shells individually (with attack ground) without having to worry about timing too much. (perhaps that will also address the issue raised by Vipper)

Good point it's something I've been forgetting with these units. Hold-fire, not prioritize, will replace the previous ability as these units are not designed or meant to shoot at tanks.

@Vipper, I never increased scatter for the Dozer or Brummbar. In fact, Dozer has been reduced from 2 to 1.5 when moving for scatter increase.
20 Feb 2016, 02:30 AM

Thanks for the compiled notes in the Dropbox link. Made it much easier to understand the mod as a whole. Putting them into spoiler tags near the top of your first post might make them more accessible to people passing through though.

Looking at Blobbing

Just as a side musing: It's hard to go a day without someone complaining about blobbing on this site. Have you considered any methods of improving that situation? One though that came to my mind is some sort of debuff based on proximity to other squads.

Example: Increase received accuracy by 10% for every friendly squad within 10 units of distance.

Thematic justification: The larger the number of infantry in the general firing direction, the more likely stray bullets are to hit someone. This would be particularly likely if a blob is trying to run at an HMG.

Increased suppression may also be a viable avenue to explore. Few things are more frustrating than a blob of LMGs running up and decrewing your HMG crew head on (although a big part of that is the formations in the main game putting the gunner at the front).
20 Feb 2016, 07:57 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 02:30 AMCyanara
Thanks for the compiled notes in the Dropbox link. Made it much easier to understand the mod as a whole. Putting them into spoiler tags near the top of your first post might make them more accessible to people passing through though.

Looking at Blobbing

Just as a side musing: It's hard to go a day without someone complaining about blobbing on this site. Have you considered any methods of improving that situation? One though that came to my mind is some sort of debuff based on proximity to other squads.

Example: Increase received accuracy by 10% for every friendly squad within 10 units of distance.

Thematic justification: The larger the number of infantry in the general firing direction, the more likely stray bullets are to hit someone. This would be particularly likely if a blob is trying to run at an HMG.

Increased suppression may also be a viable avenue to explore. Few things are more frustrating than a blob of LMGs running up and decrewing your HMG crew head on (although a big part of that is the formations in the main game putting the gunner at the front).

I honestly don't think blobbing will be much of an issue after all the changes. It's already punishing enough if you get AOE suppressed and you shouldn't get penalties for two squads being together as there are many times where 2 units will be sharing the same piece of cover as there is nothing better. It also makes relocation difficult if units are shuffling back and forth and giving each other penalties.

Furthermore, all MG weapon teams, but the Soviet starting crews are more difficult to hit as they no longer have the penalty. If I do anything else, it'll be formation based.
20 Feb 2016, 08:30 AM
Modmaker Badge

I really like the halftracks shared veterancy change, something that was always lacking in original games. Does the shared veterancy stays even after upgrading the halftrack?

EDIT: Also, have you thought about swapping the M3 Halftrack in Halftrack Assault Group with M5 Halftrack? The ability is pretty lackluster, as is the whole Mechanized Company albeit I'm happy with your WC-51 change.
20 Feb 2016, 08:33 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2016, 08:30 AMOlekman
I really like the halftracks shared veterancy change, something that was always lacking in original games. Does the shared veterancy stays even after upgrading the halftrack?

Yes, but half-tracks vet up so fast with their weapon upgrades that it won't that much of a difference unless the half-track is staying back in the mid-late game.
20 Feb 2016, 08:35 AM
Modmaker Badge

Yes, but half-tracks vet up so fast with their weapon upgrades that it won't that much of a difference unless the half-track is staying back in the mid-late game.

Good to know. Also, you answered so fast that you might not have noticed that I edited the previous post with additional question. :)
22 Feb 2016, 21:37 PM
Donator 11

Can you do something about engineers w/ minesweepers getting exp from removing mines? :D Or maybe even repairing.
1 Mar 2016, 09:44 AM

I noticed two possible bugs:

- Infantry Section HEAT grenades do not require Mills Bomb research despite the Mills Bomb upgrade tooltip

- The UKF Forward Observation post artillery strike and strafing run can be called in on a base sector when they could not previously

I'm sorry if these are intentional. Thank you for all your hard work. :)
2 Mar 2016, 08:53 AM
Developer Relic Badge

1. First one has been fixed. It wrong HEAT grenade file.

2. Will check it out. Also which strafing run? The Typhoon strike?
2 Mar 2016, 23:20 PM

1. First one has been fixed. It wrong HEAT grenade file.

2. Will check it out. Also which strafing run? The Typhoon strike?

The strafing run in the Tactical Support Regiment Forward Observation Post. I'm sorry for being unclear.

Looking at your patchnotes, allowing the FOP abilities to be used in command sectors might actually be a Relic ninja change.
17 Mar 2016, 07:16 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Alright it's been awhile since I've updated, but I'll give a quick run down of recent changes that have been added:

General Changes

Call-Ins
Most call-ins have been tied to requiring tech for their specific faction. They can still be called in, but at a 50% higher mark up price in both manpower and fuel. This might be overdoing it, but it is a test to see how well the game can fair without a reliance on call-in tanks.

Why weren't artillery vehicles included? To somewhat match howitzers which do not require tech, could be changed in the future, but getting artillery vehicle makes the player more vulnerable to normal assaults unlike the call-ins below.

-Puma and StuG E require BP 2 for normal price. Tiger and Elephant require Heavy Panzer Corp for normal price. Panzer IV Command Tank needs Support Armour Corp for normal price.

-All Soviet vehicles require Mechanized Kompenya for Normal Price.

-Jagdtiger and Sturmtiger requires Schewer Panzer Headquarter for normal price.

-British Churchills require either Hammer or Anvil tactics locked in for normal price.

-USF require Major for Pershings, M10s and Sherman Dozers.

UKF

Mill Bombs
Can be unlocked earlier and now provides HEAT grenades to Tommies to allow for defense against fast armour attempting to flank ATGs.

-Can now be unlocked without tech requirements.
-Grants HEAT grenades to Tommies.

UC
Now matches the normal game, but the manpower increase remains the same.

-Removed fuel cost

USF

Rear Echelon
Can now place mines to give USF some minor defense against approaching armour without the need for M20 AT mines.

-Can now place M7 Mines that slow vehicles upon hit and deals 60 damage, 30 damage to infantry. 10 munitions and requires an officer to be on the field before they can be planted.

M36 Jackson
Now has 45 LOS to improve its ability to hunt and engage armour as it's a very fragile vehicle that is not hard to hit given it's the USF end game TD.

-Sight from 35 to 45.

.50Cal
Given AP rounds to allow the .50cal to somewhat deter even light tanks to some extent and gain additional damage. With the .50cals increased penetration, this should give the LT tier some fallback AT that is not bazookas.

-Can now load AP rounds for +10 pentration
-Penetration to 7/6/5

OKW

Volk Panzerfaust

-Now deals temporary engine damage for 8 seconds.
-Cost from 15 to 20

Volk StG
Improved performance of the StG at mid-range to make more of a difference against charging units and as a general firepower upgrade.

-Mid-range from 18 to 20.
-Mid Aim-time Multipliers from 1.25 to 1.

Raketenwerfer
Boosted the performance of the Raketen to enhance OKW's AT arsenal due to the lose of Panzerschrecks.

-Range from 50 to 55.
-Arc from 30 to 35.
-Cost from 270 to 300

ISG
Additional improvements to its AOE and now has the ability to fire smoke rounds on a quick recharge to allow OKW to smoke-off targets. Also improved its ability against structures.

-ISG can fire smoke barrages.
-AOE from 3 to 3.5.
-AOE building damage profile now matches mortars.

Soviets

T-34/76
Slight improvements to improve effectiveness as it still has one of the worst main guns of the medium tanks.

-0.4 second reduction on reload time making it 5.9/6.4
-Manpower to 280 from 300 manpower.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment