Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
18 Mar 2016, 21:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

18 Mar 2016, 21:59 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Maybe Relic should employ you Miragefla? ;)
Great work bro :D
22 Mar 2016, 01:58 AM

the link for version .14 doesn't work. it links to prod.coh2.org.

some of the old changes seems to have been added by the offical patches. I would tidy up the patch note and/or clean up the mod. the population change especially need pruning.
28 Mar 2016, 09:52 AM

I would like to see a changelog to the vanilla form currently and an update. Would be really nice to have
28 Mar 2016, 17:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I've replaced the entire front page change log with v.25 for all compiled changes to make it easier to track changes.

I will post smaller updates if they pertain to balance. I will generally keep bug-fixes to a minimum unless it's something major that I have not already fixed and mentioned aka Stun Grenades.
28 Mar 2016, 19:50 PM

This is way better than the Vanila.

Really, Relic should implement this instead of those broken patches.
28 Mar 2016, 21:18 PM

I've replaced the entire front page change log with v.25 for all compiled changes to make it easier to track changes.

I will post smaller updates if they pertain to balance. I will generally keep bug-fixes to a minimum unless it's something major that I have not already fixed and mentioned aka Stun Grenades.

Thanks for that. It is now standard in our little community for private games :)

So, the change log v.25 also has the old changes from the previous versions in it or do i have to check also the other changelogs to get the complete changelog?

Anyway, it looks really good! After some more games, i will surely provide some feedback
4 Apr 2016, 23:32 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Minor Update today with a quality of life change:

Patch Notes

Handheld AT (Bazooka, PIATs, PanzerSchrecks)
Now grants the Hold-Fire ability to the squad to prevent them from wasting valuable shots on targets the player does not choose.

-Picking up these weapons grants the Hold-Fire ability to the squad.

OKW Weapon Crews
For consistency with other starting weapon teams, the OKW weapon crews no longer use Volk Rifles.

-Weapon changed from Volk Rifles to the OKW Weapon Crew Rifle.

Bug Fixes

-Guards being unable to break out of 'Take Cover!' when suppressed.

------

I'm planning on trying to get re-upgrades to work for Penals who tend to drop a lot with their flamers along with Guards, though that's a massive WiP. Issues with getting the weapon upgrades to cancel should you pick up a weapon again right after. I don't want double Flamer Penals.
7 Apr 2016, 20:48 PM
Patrion 14

Great and really fun mod Mirage, enjoyed it alot!
10 Apr 2016, 02:00 AM

Cromwell

File is linked to the Comet and 80 range is still far too much for this ability. Still can smoke off ATGs with only a minor chance of return fire when sighted beforehand. Increased the Cromwell's target size. Previously it was too small matching armoured cars in terms of target size which made it incredibly difficult to hit with other medium tanks. It is still the smallest medium tank, but will be easier for other AT weapon to engage.

-Target size from 18 to 20
-Smoke Range from 80 to 60.

yes, the cromwell is small, it's also one of the the biggest reason the cromwells are viable in a game where the axis anti tank weapon penetration cut through allied armor.

If you want to nerf the cromwell, nerf its rotation rate. Its high rotational rate of 38 is what allow it to crush infantry so easily. From my personal testing, Lowering the cromwell's rotation rate to 32 will its remove itslawn mower capability while still allow it to out maneuver axis tanks.

that smoke ability is also one of the few smoke ability for the british. Yes, a sighted cromwell can smoke the atg with impunity, but that's called combined arms. (comet's WP smoke is another mater). Unless the british get some sort of mobile smoke, the cromwell's smoke need to remain at 80.
10 Apr 2016, 07:07 AM
Developer Relic Badge

yes, the cromwell is small, it's also one of the the biggest reason the cromwells are viable in a game where the axis anti tank weapon penetration cut through allied armor.

If you want to nerf the cromwell, nerf its rotation rate. Its high rotational rate of 38 is what allow it to crush infantry so easily. From my personal testing, Lowering the cromwell's rotation rate to 32 will its remove itslawn mower capability while still allow it to out maneuver axis tanks.

that smoke ability is also one of the few smoke ability for the british. Yes, a sighted cromwell can smoke the atg with impunity, but that's called combined arms. (comet's WP smoke is another mater). Unless the british get some sort of mobile smoke, the cromwell's smoke need to remain at 80.

Any actual dedicated or semi-dedicated anti-tank will cut through most mediums without question, however. 18 target size is ridiculous, when you consider that's the same size as the larger scout cars. A target size of 20 will still make it the hardest medium tank to hit in the game. Furthermore, the Cromwell sits at a modest cost for what you get in the package. A good gun, fast speed and good mobility, TC upgrade, and very strong offensive veterancy. Having even just the most average target size at 20 isn't going make the Cromwell bad.

PIV: 22
Sherman: 23
T-34: 22
Cromwell: 18

Also new quick update that was rushed out. Note there are plenty of issues with the mod as the April 6th patch killed squad_apply_actions:

Additions

OKW

Slight late-game veterancy nerfs to Panzerfusiliers and Obersoldaten to put them more in line with other infantry. More might follow depending on the unit. Vet 4 and 5 should be slight increases, not considerable.

-Obersoldaten Veterancy 4 RA modifier from 0.8 to 0.9.
-Panzerfusilier Veterancy 4 Accuracy modifier from 1.2 to 1.1.
-Luchs Veterancy 5 suppression from 0.5 to 0.09. (Could pin units if two rounds hit)

ISG 75mm
Reduced the auto-fire range to match other indirect-fire weapons. With the recent buffs, the ISG no longer needs such extreme range when on auto-fire/unmicroed.

-Reduced auto-fire range from 100 to 80.

AEF

WC-51
Given the ability to toggle stealth. Four second delay, shuts down weapons, and movement, but makes the WC-51 a unique scouting unit where it can hide from enemies while being relatively cheap as well.

-Given the ability to toggle between a stationary cloak and movement/combat.

British

Universal Carrier
Slight manpower reduction from its cost in the mod to better represent it's efficiency.

-Cost from 260 to 240.
10 Apr 2016, 08:48 AM

Any actual dedicated or semi-dedicated anti-tank will cut through most mediums without question, however. 18 target size is ridiculous, when you consider that's the same size as the larger scout cars. A target size of 20 will still make it the hardest medium tank to hit in the game. Furthermore, the Cromwell sits at a modest cost for what you get in the package. A good gun, fast speed and good mobility, TC upgrade, and very strong offensive veterancy. Having even just the most average target size at 20 isn't going make the Cromwell bad.

PIV: 22
Sherman: 23
T-34: 22
Cromwell: 18

I place survability a lot up over firepower myself, and the cromwell's small size and speed give it excellent survability.

The sherman's latest buff to its gun hasn't really make it attractive. The panzer4's own popularity is partially due to the fact Allies anti-tank are a bit weaker. The jackson and Firefly were designed to be inefficient against the panzer4.

Furthermore, I believe most people would prefer to remove the ridiculous crush ability first before nerfing the cromwell's survability. Even if the cromwell is the same size as the 222, that could just mean the 222 is too large.
10 Apr 2016, 19:56 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

For the M4A3E8 Sherman "Now has moving scatter penalty. Previously it was missing for some reason."

Isn't this supposed to represent the advancements added to the Easy Eight to allow it to traverse its turret effectively on the move?
10 Apr 2016, 20:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

A Newspost is now up for the tourney, and a sign-up thread has been opened.
10 Apr 2016, 22:44 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2016, 19:56 PMwouren
For the M4A3E8 Sherman "Now has moving scatter penalty. Previously it was missing for some reason."

Isn't this supposed to represent the advancements added to the Easy Eight to allow it to traverse its turret effectively on the move?

Your standard Shermans already have that at 1.5 as those tanks are already considered as to having stabilizers. Have absolutely no scatter penalty is a little much on the E8.
10 Apr 2016, 23:39 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Your standard Shermans already have that at 1.5 as those tanks are already considered as to having stabilizers. Have absolutely no scatter penalty is a little much on the E8.

The specific addition was that it was upgraded with widetrack Horizontal Volute Spring Suspension (HVSS) which featured smoother driving and more accurate firing on the move. I do agree it may be a little much, though.
16 Apr 2016, 06:54 AM

I am looking forward to changes from the tournament. To the Easy Eight. I think it should be slightly better on the move than the standard M4 Sherman. As wouren stated, the HVSS was a great improvement.
21 Apr 2016, 06:31 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Here are some changes recently added. Drop-Box will be edited/updated shortly.

General Data Standardization
Adjust various sbsp files to match the current, updated one on the editor. All squad_actions should function. Please tell of any bugs that might pop up or weapons not applying to certain squads.

Defensive Objects
Changed the modifers to be receieved damage as health application modifers were not applying after the object was constructed. Not the best measure as objects could be rapidly repaired, but is the current solution for the time being. These modifers only apply after construction is complete.

-Barbed Wire receieved damage to 0.2
-Soviet Sandbag recieved damage to 0.06
-Sandbag Wall receieved damage to 0.1
-OKW Reinforced Receieved damage to 0.15
-Tank Traps Recieved Damage to 0.04

T-34/76

Standardized the reload time to be between the old and new values.

-Reload set to 6.2 flat.

Shock Troop Assault

Ability now makes the Shock squad easier to hit to make it a more risk-reward ability given the fact it improves their speed and damage at short-range. Even with the previous penalty afterwards, they could generally retreat after they killed or chased down a unit.

-15% Receieved Accuracy penalty now applies when the damage and movement boost is active.

B4
Adjusted the B4 to be less of an RNG cannon by increasing the number of shells it fires. Long cooldown between shots makes the B4 an area denial weapon.

-Barrage damage from 640 to 320.
-Barrage from 1 shell to 3.
-Far AOE from 7.5 to 10. Far modifer from 0.5 to 0.1.
-Mid AOE modifer from 0.15 to 0.3.
23 Apr 2016, 04:59 AM
Developer Relic Badge

An upcoming change that will likely be added when I return:

Penal Battalion
Penal troops were too powerful when fully vetted in terms of their firepower due to their two 1.3 weapon accuracy modifiers that was furthered by their six man squad. The change is to make their combat bonuses not as powerful due to their previous increase in firepower.

EX: A grenadier squad even with full vet and LMG generally would lose to the fully vetted Penal Battalion while only inflicting 1-2 casualties, even if they were behind cover at long-range and Penals found equivalent cover. While Penals are supposed to be a strong AI unit, that is too powerful against another long-range squad that has been upgraded and fully vetted up.

-Veterancy 3 Weapon accuracy bonus from 1.3 to be 1.1.

IS-2
Lowering its rear to be more in line with other heavy tanks and to make it less armoured than the front of a typical Allied medium. This is mainly to help units like the Panzer IV and Puma.

-Rear armour from 160 to 140.

Other Things to Deal with

-Infantry Section Drop-Rate at Veterancy 3.
-Possible issue of Volks over-performing early-game with StGs. Needs more testing as usual.
-Testing of the possible return of the OKW shreck in some form. May not be needed, though with the stronger Raketen and Volk semi-super faust.
-OKW side-tech prices adjustment.

23 Apr 2016, 05:10 AM

jesus christ i see more axis infantry nerfs and most of the allied iny is left untouched rest seems fine except few..
edit : lol more obers nerf gg miragefla likethye were not already that shitty u removed their fire on move and now nerf veterancy even more....why does okw pay so much fuel for their tanks anyways...???
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS