Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
8 Dec 2015, 09:34 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Alright so the December Patch came out, but obviously it still needs some work. I've done some changes that I feel would be preferable for balance, but they obviously need testing for more data and feedback.

I've already made threads on what I feel would be best for balance so many of these changes include what I've said which also takes a number of ideas I've seen throughout the forums.

There are more extreme things I would like to add to reduce RNG like planes have set health and armour, but that's a change for another time. Doctrinal stuff also tended to take a backseat for the first edition. Feedback, bug reports and criticism requested.

Balance Patch Location or found on the Workshop in-game

Steam Group.

Dropbox Link for v3.1 Beta

Miragefla's Balance Changelog

Version 3.1
8 Dec 2015, 09:45 AM

Like the changes, except the Jpz4 changes are probably a bit to drastical. would make it's bonus dmg from 240 to 120 and recloack to 8 seconds.
8 Dec 2015, 09:55 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Like the changes, except the Jpz4 changes are probably a bit to drastical. would make it's bonus dmg from 240 to 120 and recloack to 8 seconds.

Maybe the total could be brought up to 240 from 200, but anything more is overkill. With 240 it's then take one less shot to kill tanks and the first-strike already gives a ton of bonuses such as 1.5 penetration and accuracy.
8 Dec 2015, 10:33 AM

Still I feel like the Vet 5 ability is just crap and you can go for a Panther any day instead of the JPz4
8 Dec 2015, 17:59 PM
Patrion 14

I like all the changes. Would love if these changes get implemented in automatch.

May give the mod a try later :)

*You accidently put the Soviet changes together with those for OKW.
8 Dec 2015, 17:59 PM

Most of the changes are great.

Though, if you want to add all these side-grades to OKW, it would probably be a lot wiser to make the KT act like the Panther Battlegroup from vCoH, requiring all tech/upgrades to call in. This makes rushing a KT a high risk yet viable strat.
8 Dec 2015, 18:15 PM

I agree with the sniper adjustments on this, it was quite annoying to be able to just snipe one model then get counter sniped. so out of all of this, that sniper change was a good one.
8 Dec 2015, 18:21 PM
Donator 33

Not sure if I agree with SU-85 changes. 260 Penetration with 30% extra penetration from vet is a lot of penetration. With vet, that's almost 340 penetration, so we're talking about ~100% pen all the way to the KT.

I realize the Jackson, with vet and HVAP rounds gets higher penetration, but Jacksons are so flimsy that I'm not sure if I've had a vet 3 Jackson before and it requires an ammo ability. I know I've had high vet SU-85s, though. I'd tone it down to 220 plus your 30% vet, bringing it just shy of 290.
8 Dec 2015, 18:28 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Not sure if I agree with SU-85 changes. 260 Penetration with 30% extra penetration from vet is a lot of penetration. With vet, that's almost 340 penetration, so we're talking about ~100% pen all the way to the KT.

I realize the Jackson, with vet and HVAP rounds gets higher penetration, but Jacksons are so flimsy that I'm not sure if I've had a vet 3 Jackson before and it requires an ammo ability. I know I've had high vet SU-85s, though. I'd tone it down to 220 plus your 30% vet, bringing it just shy of 290.

May be much but as I said it still needs testing and note that the SU-85 got its reload increased and won't fire as rapidly with vet and is still relatively flimsy, if harder to hit and lacks any sort of turret or defensive bonuses. Penetration could be lowered, but I want to make this thing consistent for its role to fight heavy tanks.
8 Dec 2015, 18:49 PM
Donator 33

I agree it would be nice if the SU-85 got a consistency buff like the Jackson got, but even then the Jackson's penetration was increased from 200 to 240. I wouldn't move the SU-85s penetration past 240, and if it was brought to 240, then the penetration vet should be moved to vet 3, and the reload brought to vet 2.
8 Dec 2015, 19:11 PM

The buff to SU85 pen feels too much and the nerfs to su76 feels too much too

The package to penals seems godlike, why not choosing between Flamer and DP28 ?

The 8 sec blind on tulips rocket is too long, 4secs seems better and maybe drop the reload to 6 sec on main gun

Being to able to manually turn hotwizer in base for UKF would be a buff can you add this ?

Anyway very nice proposition, i will test out your balance mod :)
8 Dec 2015, 19:24 PM

+1 Nothing more to ad here ,maybe that some values could use small adjustments here and there but still better than Lelics.
m00
8 Dec 2015, 19:42 PM
Donator 11

Wow.. Relic should hire you. The game would be a lot more enjoyable at the moment if the majority of these changes were added. Bravo!
8 Dec 2015, 20:01 PM
Donator 22

first of all, really nice job, and great work
most of the changes are really nice and much needed my only problem is in reducing the rear armor on most of the tanks. In my understanding the rear armor isn´t only the rear but also half of the side armor. If this is correct reducing this armor drasticaly would be a big nerf to all tanks, especially the heavy ones like king tiger, is2 etc. So with no real rear armor its not a good Idea to nerf this value so much.

But anyway I will test it and provide more feedback.
8 Dec 2015, 20:25 PM
Donator 11

CRUZZ'S SUCCESSOR
8 Dec 2015, 20:26 PM
Donator 11

Relic plz implement right naow ^

Why didn't you nerf Panther's rear armor in addition to every other tank not rear armor nerfed?
aaa
8 Dec 2015, 20:32 PM

1. is this intended to be next patch?
make light tanks better vs mediums.
2. Sovs are now tied to light vehicle T3 every game. How is this corresponds to availability of shrek blobs? Why not allow to skip T3, meaning T4 after any 2 Tiers?
3. You say tellers does engine dmg is wrong, but is it fine that tellers destroy full health t70.

4. Is it true that if yu have more units then MP income gets lower? If so By how much?

5. Axis mediums are like IS2 on their stage of the game - they are very difficult to finish off with units avalable when they arrive. Shouldnt mediums rear be more vulnurable too.

6. (most important) Do you consider Ok that if I press Q-click vehicle often does R-click?
http://www.coh2.org/topic/45893/vehicle-move-needs-a-hotfix
8 Dec 2015, 21:05 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Why didn't you nerf Panther's rear armor in addition to every other tank not rear armor nerfed?

It's already set to 110 in the vanilla game.
8 Dec 2015, 21:44 PM

I like the look of these changes so far. :D:D
However I think the ISU-152s dedicated AP round should be buffed as well to match the IS-2s penetration.
8 Dec 2015, 22:10 PM

Serious question, dont you think King Tigers are too cost effective now compared to its counterparts I think it deserves a price adjustment?

It can be the rare risk vs reward unit it was before thats just me though :P
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight