Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
22 Dec 2015, 16:20 PM

Im starting to love this mod.

If B4 is going to cost fuel it needs to be more reliable, the in game scatter is by far bigger than the visual scatter reticle. maybe increased damage against armour and reduced damage against infantry could work with les scatter.
it has broken animations but relic is who has to fix them.
23 Dec 2015, 08:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Suggested demo charge change:
I think a detonation lag time could enable counter-play with single units, but can still be used to great effect verses blobs (which are harder to micro). Cost can be adjusted to compensate.

Demolition Charge should have a 4-second detonation fuse ("lag" after you press the detonate button). Count-down is displayed on-screen (as would a grenade), and infantry react as they would to a grenade. (you hear them shout “Grenade!” (odd, but better than hearing nothing and kaboom))

Essentially, you time the demo so that when the giant blob walks over it, they can't all get out of the way in time (you predict their movement). Single infantry units should have enough time to get out of the blast radius with 4-second-long reaction time.
25 Dec 2015, 00:36 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Fuse on Demos.

I'll try experimenting with the idea in the next major update as I do believe demos should be modified in a way so they're less about being super mines that ares especially punishing to lone capping squad.

25 Dec 2015, 08:41 AM

Some changes you might want to consider:
Reinforce time and its linear connection with reinforcement cost.

Relic has uses reinforce time that is linearly connected to the reinforcement cost meaning the cheaper the unit the faster it reinforces.

That creates a number of problems especially when someone reinforces on the field. For instance a Osttruppen fighting a conscript both near reinforcement points will eventually win because he will be able to reinforce faster and have more entities fire.

A HMG near reinforcement point can replace losses too fast.

Expensive units like ober have to stay of the field for long time until the can get even a single squad member back...

My suggestion:
reinforcement time should only related to infantry type: (from faster to slower)

Utility (engineer type units)
Mainline
Elite
Support weapons (accept ATGs)

I have placed support weapons last because managing to push support weapon off the field should be rewarded.
26 Dec 2015, 10:41 AM

Suggestion for USF officers:

When USF officer spawn from tech a player should get the ability to refit them (remove them from map) for lets say 50 manpower return.

Lt should get access to the AT rifle grenade...
26 Dec 2015, 20:38 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2015, 08:41 AMVipper
Some changes you might want to consider:
Reinforce time and its linear connection with reinforcement cost.

Relic has uses reinforce time that is linearly connected to the reinforcement cost meaning the cheaper the unit the faster it reinforces.

That creates a number of problems especially when someone reinforces on the field. For instance a Osttruppen fighting a conscript both near reinforcement points will eventually win because he will be able to reinforce faster and have more entities fire.

A HMG near reinforcement point can replace losses too fast.

Expensive units like ober have to stay of the field for long time until the can get even a single squad member back...

My suggestion:
reinforcement time should only related to infantry type: (from faster to slower)

Utility (engineer type units)
Mainline
Elite
Support weapons (accept ATGs)

I have placed support weapons last because managing to push support weapon off the field should be rewarded.

I don't think it's really an issue unless it's Soviets with their cheaper 6 man crews. The other factions only have four members on their support weapons which makes them vulnerable to flanks and units armed with automatics or strong weapons.
26 Dec 2015, 20:42 PM

Remove Fallshimjager and Jagers spawn in the building, but made them cheaper
Demos should work like on Paras (and costs pretty same)
26 Dec 2015, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2015, 20:42 PMFrost
Remove Fallshimjager and Jagers spawn in the building, but made them cheaper
Demos should work like on Paras (and costs pretty same)

cheaper?

I would like to see Falls to be paradropped.

jegers out of map
26 Dec 2015, 21:22 PM

Gunners on top tanks shoud not bring down anyaircraft Reason No counter play involved. (On any faction)

Panther is tank destroyer, = no Gunner on top of it.
26 Dec 2015, 21:23 PM

Strongly disagree with the removal of tripwire from the Conscripts.
27 Dec 2015, 01:02 AM

I don't think it's really an issue unless it's Soviets with their cheaper 6 man crews...

Consider 2 cases:
A HMG is being attack by 2 infantries first gets pinned while the second one perform a flank maneuver. Second get into place but the first has to retreat because of taking casualties and damage. HMG also retreat once it is flanked. Since the HMG can reinforce faster and has taken less damage it can return to field faster although it was outplay...

HMG near reinforcement point the HMG (unless under very heavy fire) can reinforce faster than the enemy can kill squad members.

Lastly consider infantries:
Compare Obers and Shock ober must retreating after taking 2 casualties of fear of squad wipes shock can stay until they take 4 casualties. Yet due to different reinforcement time shock can return in the field about the same time....So shock troops actually have allot more fighting time than obers....and thatn makes them a better investment regardless of other statistics...
27 Dec 2015, 07:52 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Disrespectful post invised.

Back to topic.
27 Dec 2015, 10:53 AM

27 Dec 2015, 11:56 AM

Another change you might consider:

Spawning units. Spawning units like Partisans, Jagger, Fall, Storm...

Need buildings to be used and come at premium compared to their real cost.

I would suggest that these units can also be built from HQ at their real price.

That would make them less map depended and more cost efficient.
29 Dec 2015, 02:15 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Changelog .20

29 Dec 2015, 02:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Added M1 81mm Mortar to USF Starting Building (test)
Added the 81mm mortar to the USF roster. This mortar has shorter range, lessened one hit kill radius and less AOE damage compared to other mortars, but it fires the fastest of any mortar and has less scatter. Furthermore it has a faster set-up and teardown compared to other mortars allowing for quick repositioning. Stats are designed more for a 60mm mortar, but no model was available.

Idea was to give USF more means to counter garrisons without grenades and a mobile smoke platform as well as diversify their opening.

Added the 81mm mortar to the USF roster. This mortar has shorter range, lessened one hit kill radius and less AOE damage compared to other mortars, but it fires the fastest of any mortar and has less scatter. Furthermore it has a faster set-up and teardown compared to other mortars allowing for quick repositioning. Stats are designed more for a 60mm mortar, but no model was available.

Added M1 81mm Mortar to USF Starting Building

I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING THAT EXISTS, EXISTED OR EVER WILL EXIST!
29 Dec 2015, 09:11 AM

For some reason these are the some of the few direct-fire units that have a minimum range making them vulnerable to units that charge directly into them to avoid damage.

SU-152, KV-2 indirect and 88 have also minimum range, in KV-2 the minimum range is quite big actually...

Elite Vehicles Crews
Ability given to RE due to increase its utility. It was not given to Rifle due to their grenades, smoke, and the potential they have at Veterancy 3 with their low received accuracy modifiers. Did not go with the chance for the crew to survive due to either RNG nature or being too powerful late game where a potentially high vet crew could be impossible to kill and make any vehicle they man Vet 3.
-Rear Echelon can now be equipped with Thompson SMGs.

Such a powerful weapon on Rear can actually prove problematic. Especially when they are in garrison or even a fighting position, CP should at least be 2 or 3....They now cost as much as pio and have an SMG 3 times better making the flamer upgrade looking pretty bad in comparison...

Maybe allow crews to survive half health vehicle destruction but reducing their to vet 1 if higher, then allow crew to merge to get rid of superfluous crews?

This will allow crews to be killed if the vehicle is deep in enemy territory, will not break the rule of gaining veterancy without fight and will justify the name of ability...

If use get a mortar then it probable that smoke and frag grenades might need to become less effective...Maybe reduces smoke radius? or become unusable once suppressed
30 Dec 2015, 08:46 AM
Developer Relic Badge

SU-152, KV-2 indirect and 88 have also minimum range, in KV-2 the minimum range is quite big actually...

Such a powerful weapon on Rear can actually prove problematic. Especially when they are in garrison or even a fighting position, CP should at least be 2 or 3....They now cost as much as pio and have an SMG 3 times better making the flamer upgrade looking pretty bad in comparison...

Maybe allow crews to survive half health vehicle destruction but reducing their to vet 1 if higher, then allow crew to merge to get rid of superfluous crews?

This will allow crews to be killed if the vehicle is deep in enemy territory, will not break the rule of gaining veterancy without fight and will justify the name of ability...

If use get a mortar then it probable that smoke and frag grenades might need to become less effective...Maybe reduces smoke radius? or become unusable once suppressed

1. Note I said that they are some of the few. And KV-2 indirect fire =/= KV-2 direct-fire.
2. It needs testing and may need to be moved back, though RE aren't all that durable until late game with their vet and the upgrade locks them out of getting Bars and Bazookas. Maybe I need to give them a modified version if they do turn out to be able to run anything down. Still,
3. Vehicle crew things, I'm not even sure that's possible.

Also if you guys are playing the game with the mod, send me replays so I can review stuff and possibly even cast it!
31 Dec 2015, 22:23 PM

Does anyone else get unarmed Infantry Sections when playing UKF or is that just me?
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS