34%
35%
31%
Total votes: 131
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Dec 2015, 09:37 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Let's keep this one on topic and stay objective people.

Does this mechanic deserve to remain in auto match / future tournaments?

An argument I hear often is that its a deterrent to overextending, that the possibility of abandoning should stop you from being aggressive in that sense.

Is it not enough to lose your vehicle? Should you possibly hand it over to your opponent, netting yourself a minus and giving them a plus? Or is the prospect of possibly getting it back for a second spin really a worthwhile counterbalance to this? Is the two way street reasonable to warrant keeping this mechanic ?

Give me some arguments in favor and against, im interested.

Thanks,

Saltman4sho
4 Dec 2015, 09:53 AM

Heavily modify it, outright removing it would just appear lazy and further homogenize gameplay.

I'm in favour of abandon if it is killed in a base sector or killed with 2 critical already applied. They could also make you pay 50% the vehicle's cost for "refit" before you can use it again.

I like that abandon could be a deterrent to base rushing, especially with early units like the Flamer M3 or Kubelspam, but also with end-game units trying to achieve an annihilation victory.
4 Dec 2015, 10:05 AM

I think everyone knows my opinion on this matter.

Removing it OR make it really consistent thus heavily modified, as it has a very high impact on the game. Like, the tank should be completely immobile after it gets abandoned. I believe it should be removed from tournaments though.

Imo, this is the most annoying, stupid mechanic ever in this game.
4 Dec 2015, 10:07 AM
Patrion 14

The only thing I can think to say to this is how similar it is to team weapons. It plays a similar level to losing teamweapons, just more RNGish and on a higher scale of resources. Losing AT guns can hurt too and that happens any time you lose the squad. Is this close enough a comparison?
4 Dec 2015, 10:11 AM

I like the abandon crit, since RNG can make games more Unique - and force you to adapt, and change strategies. Yes, i know i just said i like RNG in some cases.

If it should have a change:

Make flamers decrew low HP vechiles (while critting them).

Knock Down HP => Flame it => Take it => Repair it.
4 Dec 2015, 10:15 AM
Patrion 15

Originally I was in favour of modifying it to be dependant on engine damage/snare, but I'd actually say it'd just be better off removed. There isn't equal access to snares or mines which would make forcing an abandon far easier for some factions.

I also think modifying it to be crit dependant would just make it another version of the old 5% health system, where just as you were about to get the killshot the enemy would roll a crit instead and escape. There are plenty of times I've sacrificed a cheap tank to finish off a snared, critted enemy tank that's limping home well supported through its own territory. I'd hate it if their wounded tank only ever got abandoned in such a situation. Just remove abandon and be done with it.
4 Dec 2015, 10:56 AM

Remoove it and dont think back!
4 Dec 2015, 10:58 AM

Absolutely keep. Creates very interesting situations and tactical decisions. Recrew immedieately now w expensive squad? Or wait for a cheap fodder while trying to defend wreck etc etc
4 Dec 2015, 10:59 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Remove it plzzzzzzzz
4 Dec 2015, 11:16 AM

Leave it

Axis fanboys vote to remove it because they cant stand Allies using Krupp steel.
4 Dec 2015, 11:25 AM

For the balance - remove.
For the gameplay - keep.
For the middleground - middleground.

I just really like this feature and removing it complelty would break my heart.
I remember when my IS2 was abandoned when chasing P5. Last shot - missed, P5 shot hit my IS2 and it was abandoned. So I ended up with no tankas vs P5 and IS2. The taste of winning that game, despite what happened, was just insane.
4 Dec 2015, 14:40 PM
Donator 11

From someone who watches more than plays, I like it because it can really make a game interesting to watch. However I fully understand why it is frustrating to play against, having won and lost games to it as well. I realize "it tells a story" isn't a great argument, but hey. :snfPeter:

I wouldn't change it, I would just like to see the vehicle immobilized. This way it isn't as easy to hop in and drive away. As others were saying in chat, it becomes like a minigame and an optional objective. Having it immobilized would punish over extension into base sectors while making it a pretty unattractive target in the middle of the battlefield.

Right now RNG is really all that separates this game from other RTT games out there, so I am against outright removing all RNG elements from the game.
4 Dec 2015, 14:44 PM

You know my opinion about it. Remove

And to those who say it punish overextending I would say. what if you have to loose tank while defending ground but it got abandoned , you pushe enemy out of your tank and recrew it. Is it fear that he needed to extend his tank to give your tank finishing blow and he lose his tank and you not (he know he would loose his panther but with his army compasition it was far better for him to destroy both tanks that leave is2 and panther on field.)
4 Dec 2015, 15:00 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Just like Cold Tech, remove it from Automatch. Put it as an option in custom.
4 Dec 2015, 15:05 PM

I'd say heavy modify it, so it occures not so often anymore, but it really gives some extra demension into the game.
4 Dec 2015, 15:12 PM

Too random, impossible to plan or plan against. Remove it from competitive matches at minimum. Probably just removed from multiplayer leave it in SP and ToV.
4 Dec 2015, 15:26 PM

Just add more time before abandoned vehicle can be recrewed, something about 30-60 sec, so players have to either fight for the vehicle during this time duration or destroy it.

This will make abandoned vehicle much harder to recrew, in most scenarios it will be destroyed. There will be more time to react for both players and much less rng involved.

It will still punish players who overextend their tanks, because it is very hard to recrew or destroy a tank that is abandoned behind enemy lines.
4 Dec 2015, 15:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Apply immobilize/heavy engine damage.
4 Dec 2015, 15:57 PM

It shouldn't stay in its current state. Either remove it or heavily modify it, I don't really care, the way it is right now implemented is just frustrating. Especially when you watch tourney games and this stuff happens
4 Dec 2015, 15:58 PM

Leave it.

Abandon punishes people using their vehicles without proper support.

The one thing I'd like to see though is US be able to recrew vehicles without sacrificing a squad to the blood god to do it.

And to those who say it punish overextending I would say. what if you have to loose tank while defending ground but it got abandoned , you pushe enemy out of your tank and recrew it. Is it fear that he needed to extend his tank to give your tank finishing blow and he lose his tank and you not (he know he would loose his panther but with his army compasition it was far better for him to destroy both tanks that leave is2 and panther on field.)

Anytime you're doing a unit trade, it's a gamble. As you say, he already knows he's going to lose his tank by doing it. So if he gets greedy and tries to take you out that's a risk/reward scenario he's decided to take. (He should be aware of the chance for it to be abandoned when doing this maneuver.)

In a balanced army, he'd have other options than the Panther to take it out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
unknown 23
Mexico 16
Germany 867

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %