Change the Sturmpioneer Heal

Change vet 1 ability to AOE heal for 10 munitions, 30 seconds duration
Option Distribution Votes
74%
26%
Total votes: 65
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
8 Nov 2015, 02:26 AM

In order to make T3 mechanized build less punishing and to improve the general usability I suggest to change the vet 1 ability of Sturmpioneers in the following way:

Instead of 3 medic crates for 40 munitions (remember Brits pay the same to upgrade their tommies for unlimited heal) change the healing to an AOE heal with 30 seconds duration, which can be interrupted by combat that costs 10 munitions. In that way, you could actually skip the medic HQ and go T3->T4 for example.
This would increase the game diversity, more tactical depth etc.... And people would actually use the ability. And it would still cost more over the duration of the game, compared to Brit heal (to balance out they don't have any other non doctrinal source of healing)

I know there are a lot of vet abilities that need to be changed & improved, but this thread is about Sturmpioneers. Actually grens could use the same improvement on their vet ability, as they are pretty much suffer under the same problem (cost efficiency & usability of their vet 1 ability) .
8 Nov 2015, 02:28 AM

I want an unlock at vet 1 to get an upgrade like the tommys have, that would make mechenized gameplay a way more friendly :thumb:
8 Nov 2015, 02:56 AM

Good fix but vote No for reuse idea from UKF.
8 Nov 2015, 03:01 AM

Medkits is fine as is.
8 Nov 2015, 03:28 AM

yeah brits have an unfair advantage on this(like all other cases) m all for it
8 Nov 2015, 03:53 AM
Patrion 27

I voted nay. I like the heal packs quite a bit but they could easily be moved to vet 0.
8 Nov 2015, 03:57 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think this ability needs to improve or change but I don't think this is the right solution
8 Nov 2015, 04:12 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That seems way too cheap for such an ability. Compare it to the healing Ostheer vet 1 ability that costs 30 munitions, can only be done on 1 squad, and is slow as shit.
8 Nov 2015, 04:17 AM
Benefactor 115

Personally I'd like to see the ability given at vet 0 and probably a vet combat changed at vet 1? or move the concussion to vet 1 (due to how often they get used at vet 3) and change the vet 3 to something combat offensive or defensive, or possibly self healing since they're one of the few OKW infantry squads that lack it.

The OST healing needs to be changed however..
8 Nov 2015, 04:37 AM

Honestly med packs just need a price buff, and move to vet 0.

Non BHQ healing does need buffs, but not in this way.
8 Nov 2015, 04:50 AM

Medkits is fine as is.

If they are fine, than brit heal is not fine, since it costs exactly the same 40 muni, but heals your complete blob throughout the whole game.

I voted nay. I like the heal packs quite a bit but they could easily be moved to vet 0.

You'd still prefer the heal over my suggestion? Why? It's like saying the old Ambu heal of USF was better than the current one.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 04:12 AMTobis
That seems way too cheap for such an ability. Compare it to the healing Ostheer vet 1 ability that costs 30 munitions, can only be done on 1 squad, and is slow as shit.

I write about this in the end of my post. Again not the vanilla factions abilities should be the state of the art, but what was recently introduced/ changed and that's usf/brit aoe heal.

Honestly med packs just need a price buff, and move to vet 0.

Non BHQ healing does need buffs, but not in this way.

The problem is that for 40 muni, you can heal maximally 3 squads and sometimes not even till the end, while as a brit you upgrade once and can heal over the complete game as many squads you wish. Compared to each other that's simply not fair, even if you take into account that brits dont have any other non doctrinial way of healing, that's why my solution balances that out, since the sturmpioneer heal would be vastly improved, but still costs more over the whole game as you pay every time using it.
Also sturmpioneers are not spamme, so you couldn't spam heal all the time, as this is what I do with infantry sections.

Personally I'd like to see the ability given at vet 0 and probably a vet combat changed at vet 1? or move the concussion to vet 1 (due to how often they get used at vet 3) and change the vet 3 to something combat offensive or defensive, or possibly self healing since they're one of the few OKW infantry squads that lack it.

The OST healing needs to be changed however..

Still nobody would use it, since it costs 40 munitions, heals only 3 squads and you can have free heal at T2. Which is why the meta is so cemented around going T1.
Your suggestions wouldn't solve this in any way. Nobody would spend 40 munitions on heal and 30 munitions on the stun grenade if you can have 2 mines or nearly a schreck for that in early game.
8 Nov 2015, 04:53 AM

Maybe make it so that they have a max health pool, and they restore the health of infantry around them until it runs out. That'd fix my problem with them anyway, which is that they're wasted if you only use them with one or two squads around. For most effective use, you must blob.
8 Nov 2015, 05:05 AM

Brit heal is fine ? LOL :snfPeter:

You have to rely on a squad to heal all other squad, brits don't have bunkers, hq, ambulance or batllegroup to heal troops, and i'm not talking about the fact the medic squad is doctrinal :snfPeter:
If you want to go heavy engineer, you have to keep an IS squad alive, if not you got no heal :foreveralone:

So no, brits healing is not fine and you really don't need to copy a shitty ability, keep the ability of sturm, but lower the price to make it viable to skip Med truck
8 Nov 2015, 05:08 AM

Good idea about heal, but I think it goes on the wrong unit.

Firstly - its a bit absurd to go on a pioneer squad :P, at Vet 1, it repairs people and machines :luvDerp:

Secondly - assault units getting this ability is a little bit strong - its a bit like assault, then heal, assault then heal.

It could be better to put this ability on volks at vet 1, which is gettable in earlygame.
8 Nov 2015, 05:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 05:08 AMhubewa
Good idea about heal, but I think it goes on the wrong unit.

Firstly - its a bit absurd to go on a pioneer squad :P, at Vet 1, it repairs people and machines :luvDerp:

Secondly - assault units getting this ability is a little bit strong - its a bit like assault, then heal, assault then heal.

It could be better to put this ability on volks at vet 1, which is gettable in earlygame.

The situation you describe won't really happen, because you can't heal in combat, assault troops stay on front drop models and are always in and out in combat. Moreover you want to reinforce your damage squad, healing won't help you in that way.

In addition, abilities like this should not be on on mainline infantry, then they could be really spammable, especially some players tend to get more than 3 volks.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 05:05 AMShanka
Brit heal is fine ? LOL :snfPeter:
You have to rely on a squad to heal all other squad, brits don't have bunkers, hq, ambulance or batllegroup to heal troops, and i'm not talking about the fact the medic squad is doctrinal :snfPeter:
If you want to go heavy engineer, you have to keep an IS squad alive, if not you got no heal :foreveralone:

So no, brits healing is not fine and you really don't need to copy a shitty ability, keep the ability of sturm, but lower the price to make it viable to skip Med truck

Sounds like a micro issue to me. I have no problem keeping at least one section alive, especially thanks to their vet bonuses. I usually have 3 sections and depending on the map every single has the medic upgrade. Keeping all units healed up.
8 Nov 2015, 05:45 AM

No

1. there shouldn't be any more faction mirroring
2. would be unnecessarily strong
8 Nov 2015, 05:47 AM

Sounds like a micro issue to me. I have no problem keeping at least one section alive, especially thanks to their vet bonuses. I usually have 3 sections and depending on the map every single has the medic upgrade. Keeping all units healed up.

Not a micro issue, but an attention issue but it's not the point, the point is, if all my IS sections are on the field and i don't to loose map control and i need to retreat like an mg and an engineer, i will be forced to retreat an IS squad to be able to heal them which is non-sense.

The brits way of healing is bad and i'm telling that since the alpha of brits
8 Nov 2015, 06:24 AM

The situation you describe won't really happen, because you can't heal in combat, assault troops stay on front drop models and are always in and out in combat. Moreover you want to reinforce your damage squad, healing won't help you in that way.

In addition, abilities like this should not be on on mainline infantry, then they could be really spammable, especially some players tend to get more than 3 volks.

Heal out of combat instead of needing to retreat, meaning that you won't need to go back to base to heal, which every other faction has. This has the potential to be ridiculous on assault units.

Well.... Grens have it, so do ambulances and brits.

+ No one who wants serious AI should spam volks anyway :P
8 Nov 2015, 08:02 AM

Make medkits like luftwaffe doctrinal packs.

If anyone grab them they will heal in radius.

Make them placable only in your HQ
8 Nov 2015, 10:53 AM

Make it so when you activate it any player owned infantry nearby get a one time use medkit ability or what hector said
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 71
unknown 22
United States 23
United Kingdom 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %