Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/04/2015

PAGES (13)down
7 Sep 2015, 11:43 AM

Do Tiger buffs apply to the Tiger Ace?

Tiger Ace with 55 range and even more penetration is the last thing I want to see in this game. :facepalm:

bofors and brace structure changes are great, Sherman with increased armor was a better version of P4 with cheaper price, so not including the armor buffs in new mod version is good imo.

Tiger ace is completely different unit, so its only logical to say the changes do not apply to it.
7 Sep 2015, 12:11 PM

Tiger ace is completely different unit, so its only logical to say the changes do not apply to it.

did you even read the posts prior to yours? they are the same gun in the game files
7 Sep 2015, 12:31 PM

is it only me or do you need to activate the UKFs smoke rounds twice for them to actually be fired?

No, you aren't the only one. Though I did try to replicate it to see what causes it. In the controlled test, it fires off just fine every single time. But for some reason, it hesitates a lot in the heat of battle, when I need it most...
7 Sep 2015, 12:47 PM

Tiger with vet 2 has 50 range. Its ok.
Buff to 45 is also most welcome.
But vet 2 with 45 base means over 56 range and this is not good solution.
45 but lower vet 2 buff.
7 Sep 2015, 12:51 PM

Good pick. I would also like to see that doctrine work. I guess everybody gave up on it and even stopped talking about it.
I've experimented with the Soviet Defensive Doctrine before and I grew to like it. They are capable of causing the Axis a few headaches with their Tank Traps and Mines.

I find that people are not using Tank traps properly. Instead of using them to block vehicles outright, why not stagger them about instead? They are great when used in this fashion in a contested area. Especially in a chock point. I make sure the traps have an opening but make them in layers so that a vehicle has to zig zag through them. This slows them down a LOT and makes them highly vulnerable to AT Guns. That and they leave the path open for you since it's not completely blocked off.

How do they get made in a contested area you ask? Mortar smoke help greatly with this when fired directly on the desired spot. The traps can be made more safely this way. Let's not forget also that they provide heavy cover and Engineers tend to have Flame Throwers. Think about that for a second. ;)

Of course, this tactic needs at least 3 Engineer Squads to be effective.

7 Sep 2015, 14:19 PM

My wishlist:

Add Sdkfz 221 to Wehrmacht Tier1 building, 240mp 20fuel, armor same as soviet m3.Excel at killing sniper and can kill bren with sufficient micro(as CoH1 PE Scout Car). Also has good sight for late game usefulness.

USA and UKF counters to early vehilce with armor stronger than kubel ?
7 Sep 2015, 16:40 PM

No, you aren't the only one. Though I did try to replicate it to see what causes it. In the controlled test, it fires off just fine every single time. But for some reason, it hesitates a lot in the heat of battle, when I need it most...

yes i tried it again and it seems to be cancelled by some auto-targeting mechanic, if i observed it correctly
7 Sep 2015, 17:32 PM

Tiger with vet 2 has 50 range. Its ok.
Buff to 45 is also most welcome.
But vet 2 with 45 base means over 56 range and this is not good solution.
45 but lower vet 2 buff.

It makes me wonder wether the vet bonus applied with % values or with specific values. If it is based on % values, then goodbye Jackson (60range).
7 Sep 2015, 18:15 PM

It makes me wonder wether the vet bonus applied with % values or with specific values. If it is based on % values, then goodbye Jackson (60range).
The vet guide says it gets +20% range, so it´s going to have 56.25 range at vet 2. I like that idea. It´s how Tigers should be used. That´s kinda the tradeoff for being pretty easy to kill compared to the IS-2. They already stripped the tiger of any defensive buff with vet and lowered the health.

It still has less range. It´s not like the Tiger spots for itself.
7 Sep 2015, 18:48 PM
Donator 11

well, why Brits economy hasnt changed? why tommies costs 280, reinf 35 and has literally no early counter to snipers? [...] why bren carrier requires god damn vet 1 to self repair? this makes unit useless in early stages till some engies come. And for the last, why the hell brits don't have normal early vehicle or light tank like stuart? (AEC doesnt count, it's crap)

+1
7 Sep 2015, 18:56 PM

how does the molotov compare to the new volks nade?
7 Sep 2015, 19:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The tiger at vet 2(including the ace) has a solid modifier OF 10 for its range increase. Not a set multiplicative percentage.

So really they should just lower that modifier to 5.
7 Sep 2015, 19:02 PM

a nearly 60 range tiger at vet2 . so balanced, so easy to kill.
7 Sep 2015, 19:19 PM

The new Tiger I should just get skirts or w/e at Vet 2 instead of a range increase. Would help make it different from the IS2 and make it more consistent with the rest of Ostheer's vehicles vet.
7 Sep 2015, 19:49 PM

Permanently Banned
The new Tiger I should just get skirts or w/e at Vet 2 instead of a range increase. Would help make it different from the IS2 and make it more consistent with the rest of Ostheer's vehicles vet.

LOL
7 Sep 2015, 19:57 PM

Edit - wasn't right, found photos.
7 Sep 2015, 20:14 PM

The tiger at vet 2(including the ace) has a solid modifier OF 10 for its range increase. Not a set multiplicative percentage.

So really they should just lower that modifier to 5.
That wouldn´t make sense. Currently even a vetted Tiger is underwhelming. To just buff it, to then nerf the vet bonuses is not what this unit needs. Sure, you have more range on vet 0 and 1 but that´s hardly of any use.

The combination of the 45 range and the +10 range on vet is what would actually make the unit useful!

There aren´t going to be overpowered Tigers everywhere on the field. It first needs to gain vet. There are going to be players who are rewarded for keeping the unit alive.

On the contrary I would suggest giving the IS-2 200 dmg.
7 Sep 2015, 21:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That wouldn´t make sense. Currently even a vetted Tiger is underwhelming. To just buff it, to then nerf the vet bonuses is not what this unit needs. Sure, you have more range on vet 0 and 1 but that´s hardly of any use.

The combination of the 45 range and the +10 range on vet is what would actually make the unit useful!

There aren´t going to be overpowered Tigers everywhere on the field. It first needs to gain vet. There are going to be players who are rewarded for keeping the unit alive.

On the contrary I would suggest giving the IS-2 200 dmg.

I guess....since they're limited to one now.

But dont forget USF here,what do they do vs a vet 2 tiger? surrender? :foreveralone:
7 Sep 2015, 21:37 PM

Except Tigers didn't have schurzen, so adding it would have no real-life references and be pure fiction.
7 Sep 2015, 21:45 PM

I guess....since they're limited to one now.

But dont forget USF here,what do they do vs a vet 2 tiger? surrender? :foreveralone:

yep,you surrender. same case with tiger ace.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 11
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L