Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/04/2015

PAGES (13)down
5 Sep 2015, 19:21 PM

Tiger buff is welcomed... But now, will it have 45 to 50 Range on VET 2 or 45 to 55? Vet 0 45 range could be a good addition.... But 55 range after Vet 2 too much compared to other heavies... IS and KT should be looked at at this stage...
5 Sep 2015, 19:22 PM

Honestly the shear fact that Ostheer has no 60 range tank destroyer is a good reason for the Tiger I to have 45 range, but it shouldn't get more range at Vet 2 like it currently does (which would give the IS2 an advantage over it as Vet 2). They should replace the Tiger I's vet 2 with a survability buff.

Flanking a Tiger isn't really necessary, since all the regular TD's and AT guns have a good chance of penetrating it's frontal armor.
If you want a 50 range tank killer, that is what the panther is for. They also have a cheap 50 range TD, a 70 range heavy tank destroyer, and a 70 range AT gun. Not to mention the best infantry AT in the game. There is no reason to inflate the tiger to deal with absolutely everything.

The pen buff alone makes it better then the IS-2 in every way despite also being cheaper. Not to mention the recent pop cost buff. Buffing it's range even on top of that is just ridiculous and only serves to reduce it's few disadvantages. I don't want to go back to players building Tigers every single game.
5 Sep 2015, 19:29 PM
Patrion 27

Came here to understand MG42 stat revert. Was not disappointed. A+++.

Any chance at getting "snap to cover" distance looked at? I feel like the current large distance was(perhaps unintentionally) introduced when the number of spots behind cover was (thankfully) increased. It consistently frustrates my micro in every game though with the current values. Edit: Actually, I guess that's not really related to balance at all, which seems to be the focus of this thing.

+1

The squad-spacing change is fantastic but the snap-to-cover never fails to ruin my day when a peice of cover is a micrometer outside of a capping circle and the whole squad clings to it like baby opossums.
5 Sep 2015, 19:29 PM

If you want a 50 range tank killer, that is what the panther is for.

It's also the lowest DPS tank in the game next to the firefly, it's for hunting single highly armored tanks, not hordes of tanks.

They also have a cheap 50 range TD

Okay? That's not a 60 range TD and it just got nerfed.

a 70 range heavy tank destroyer

Which you can't have at the same time as a Tiger I, hence my point.

and a 70 range AT gun

Which you can't have at the same time as a Tiger I, assume your talking about the Pak43 (which Ostheer only very rarely uses).

Not to mention the best infantry AT in the game.

Panzergrens with shrek's haven't been meta in ages.

There is no reason to inflate the tiger to deal with absolutely everything.

Dude it's just 5 more range, this is just so it can kite a little to deal with the fact the level of AT on the field has ramped up significantly. The Tiger I is not hard to kill by any stretch of the imagination.

The pen buff alone makes it better then the IS-2 in every way despite also being cheaper.

It's not cheaper. And it's pen is similar to the IS2's, it has 10 less at close and 10 more at far.

Not to mention the recent pop cost buff.

Which the IS2 also got

Buffing it's range even on top of that is just ridiculous and only serves to reduce it's few disadvantages.

It got the same buffs all heavy tanks got.

I don't want to go back to players building Tigers every single game.

As opposed to almost nobody making them?
5 Sep 2015, 19:35 PM

Don't try to make believe us you play soviet more than 1 time/2 months, or hide your playercard.:foreveralone:

Commenting on playercards while hiding the own :facepalm:

I play soviets in every allied at game. Also nice arguments going full ad hominem, ignoring what I wrote.
5 Sep 2015, 19:45 PM

well, why Brits economy hasnt changed? why tommies costs 280, reinf 35 and has literally no early counter to snipers? why tommies in bren carrier can't fire like other units can in M5's M3's? why bren carrier requires god damn vet 1 to self repair? this makes unit useless in early stages till some engies come. And for the last, why the hell brits don't have normal early vehicle or light tank like stuart? (AEC doesnt count, it's crap)
5 Sep 2015, 19:57 PM

Honestly, the way Relic is handling this and hotfixing everything is just fucking awesome. That list has been growing in a day and that pleases me most.

Super guys.
5 Sep 2015, 20:33 PM
Patrion 28

Fortunately, AT vs Tiger is not a 100:0 matchup. It wasn't even so before. The world of RPS, whose hard counters are absolute, binary, and do not depend on complex mechanical interactions and micro, is not an appropriate analogy.

my point was that the range increase on the VI (particularly if vet2 does indeed give it 56.something range) gives AT weapons a LOT less range to operate in and the VI will already beat all of them if they get into the VI's weapon range. the other issue is that past 35 you must have something spot for the AT and unless that spotter has extended sight range (in general there aren't many options in that regard) then the spotter is being shot at by the VI which has an all purpose gun.
5 Sep 2015, 20:43 PM

Nice changes, the tiger one is especially welcome, it was incredibly outclassed by p4s and other heavy tanks.

Brace nerf was needed but might be too much, I think 45-60 seconds would be sufficent.
6 Sep 2015, 12:26 PM
Patrion 14

Is this working as intended? Obersoldaten can supress enemy infantry.
6 Sep 2015, 12:28 PM
Donator 33

Is this working as intended? Obersoldaten can supress enemy infantry.

It's their vet 4 bonus :romeoHairDay:
6 Sep 2015, 13:08 PM

Nice changes, the tiger one is especially welcome, it was incredibly outclassed by p4s and other heavy tanks.

Brace nerf was needed but might be too much, I think 45-60 seconds would be sufficent.

Agreed, the brace nerf is to much, this pretty much turns the ability beyond it's intended usability, you know useful xd
6 Sep 2015, 15:24 PM

urban defence tactics FHQ price...
do not forget about him
6 Sep 2015, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2015, 15:24 PMGLBZ
urban defence tactics FHQ price...
do not forget about him

+1
6 Sep 2015, 22:11 PM

I haven't seen a single person say the 600% increase in cooldown between Brace is a good idea. I do hope Relic reconsiders and goes down to 60 seconds or something more reasonable (if they haven't changed their minds already).
6 Sep 2015, 22:26 PM

I haven't seen a single person say the 600% increase in cooldown between Brace is a good idea. I do hope Relic reconsiders and goes down to 60 seconds or something more reasonable (if they haven't changed their minds already).
It is 60 seconds. The cooldown includes the length of the ability.
7 Sep 2015, 01:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 19:21 PMSahinK
Tiger buff is welcomed... But now, will it have 45 to 50 Range on VET 2 or 45 to 55? Vet 0 45 range could be a good addition.... But 55 range after Vet 2 too much compared to other heavies... IS and KT should be looked at at this stage...

A Tiger with 55 range and only 19 pop cap will be lousy for 1v1 balance, particularly against USF. It will wipe USF at guns and have little to worry about with Jacksons. P47's were already not that great, considering that all you had to do was reverse, but with the recent nerf to P47 range this isn't good.
7 Sep 2015, 01:54 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 01:35 AMGrumpy

A Tiger with 55 range and only 19 pop cap will be lousy for 1v1 balance, particularly against USF. It will wipe USF at guns and have little to worry about with Jacksons. P47's were already not that great, considering that all you had to do was reverse, but with the recent nerf to P47 range this isn't good.

E8 sherman buffs. The range for the p47s needed to be nerfed,they could follow you across the entire map right to and into your base..
7 Sep 2015, 02:37 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 01:35 AMGrumpy

Pershing
7 Sep 2015, 02:54 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

For the love of god.

Why does the brit AA tank penetrate p4s and panthers. why relic. who thought this was OK??

Why are the brit flames firing across the damn map??? who said yea that looks good??

PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS