Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/04/2015

PAGES (13)down
5 Sep 2015, 10:03 AM

IS2 accuracy increase is pretty much obligatory as wipes will be much more rare since infantry positioning change
5 Sep 2015, 10:06 AM

When will those changes be implemented? Or are they already in the private test?
5 Sep 2015, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 09:54 AMBurts
IS-2 isint really more durable because of stronger ostheer AT guns. The time it takes for a zis-3 to kill a tiger is exactly the same as a pak-40 takes time to kill an is-2.

Pak 40 Pen Chance vs IS-2: 50% - 56%

ZiS-3 Pen Chance vs Tiger: 60% - 67%
5 Sep 2015, 10:18 AM

Pak 40 Pen Chance vs IS-2: 50% - 56%

ZiS-3 Pen Chance vs Tiger: 60% - 67%

You are forgeting the pak-40 fires way faster than the zis-3...
5 Sep 2015, 10:23 AM
Donator 22

good changes :) nice they adressed brace and nerfed the Bofors. hope it was not an overnerf

Universal Carrier, WC51 Doge, 222, Kubelwagon, and M3 Scout car now have 50 bonus accuracy to snipers type.

OKW JLI also?
5 Sep 2015, 10:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 10:01 AMKothre
I'd really rather not see multiple IS-2s again, because that just encourages making nothing but them and ignoring tech tanks. I would, as I said, like to see an IS-2 accuracy increase.

IS-2 have a cap limit of 1,could you explain to me how are you going to see multiple IS-2s in a game?
5 Sep 2015, 10:33 AM

IS-2 have a cap limit of 1,could you explain to me how are you going to see multiple IS-2s in a game?

You won't. Cardboard Tank suggested removing the cap for IS-2s. I was simply disagreeing.
5 Sep 2015, 10:36 AM

My wishlist:

Add Sdkfz 221 to Wehrmacht Tier1 building, 240mp 20fuel, armor same as soviet m3.Excel at killing sniper and can kill bren with sufficient micro(as CoH1 PE Scout Car). Also has good sight for late game usefulness.

MP40 upgrade for volk after flak truck is deployed.

Partisan can steal half of resource of the sector back to its owner team, same as PE Vampire Halftrack except for single sector. Nerf its accuracy.

KV1 become soviet stock tank at tier4 for 410mp and 130 fuel. Replace KV1 in Counter Attack Tactic for KV2.

USF M2 60mm mortar at tier0.
5 Sep 2015, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 09:59 AMBurts

Well, then lets buff the tiger and also buff the is-2? Or nerf the british tanks.

5 Sep 2015, 10:48 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Exactly my thought xD
5 Sep 2015, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 09:54 AMBurts

IS-2 isint really more durable because of stronger ostheer AT guns. The time it takes for a zis-3 to kill a tiger is exactly the same as a pak-40 takes time to kill an is-2.

The pak40 has a harder time penetrating a Is2 than zis penetrating a tiger.
The IS2 is still faster, means you can gtfo quicker when a situation becomes hairy.
I usually manage to keep my Is2 alive longer than my tiger, hence the reason why i completely stoped using tigers since they are just vet food for tank destroyers. Especially after the Jackson pen buff.
5 Sep 2015, 11:37 AM

the tiger buff is so unnecessary
5 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM

• Partisans
  • Irregulars

Partisans have already been adjusted. They have STG-44s and Panzerschrecks by default and are really good now.

(Also irregulars have been replaced by the AT partisans)
5 Sep 2015, 12:06 PM

Partisans have already been adjusted. They have STG-44s and Panzerschrecks by default and are really good now.

(Also irregulars have been replaced by the AT partisans)
While they definitely needed a buff, giving them top of the notch German equipment that even the Germans didn´t have in overwhelming quantities seems a bit silly. I think they would have been better off with the (buffed) Ppsh or even Sten guns.

Why they didn´t get camouflage is beyond me. Isn´t that THE unit to attack form an ambush?
5 Sep 2015, 12:15 PM

Great changes. All I can say really. Lets see how this plays out!
5 Sep 2015, 12:22 PM
Donator 33

I like the Tiger buff. Increasing its penetration won't really affect its effectiveness against most Allied vehicles.

It will mainly affect the Tiger-IS-2-dynamic. A dynamic in which the IS-2 pretty much always had the upper hand. A Tiger probably still won't beat an IS-2 (not saying that it should) but it's slightly more even now.

The range buff, however, feels kinda unwarranted. I'd like to know what the idea behind that buff was.
5 Sep 2015, 12:25 PM

I like the Tiger buff. Increasing its penetration won't really affect its effectiveness against most Allied vehicles.

It will mainly affect the Tiger-IS-2-dynamic. A dynamic in which the IS-2 pretty much always had the upper hand. A Tiger probably still won't beat an IS-2 (not saying that it should) but it's slightly more even now.

The range buff, however, feels kinda unwarranted. I'd like to know what the idea behind that buff was.

The tiger will beat an IS-2 now. Even before, the IS-2 only held like a ~4s time to kill advantage over the IS-2. The tiger is now significantly better againts infantry, and better againts armor than the IS-2.

I honestly doubt that the buff will stick, because the buff was completely unwarranted in the first place.

It wont affect much anyways, since IS-2 is still a very good tank..
5 Sep 2015, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 12:25 PMBurts
I honestly doubt that the buff will stick, because the buff was completely unwarranted in the first place.
Unwarranted like the Panzerwerfer-nerf after the panzerwerfer-nerf? Or the (I hope accidental) ninja Panzerwerfer-nerf in the last patch? The unit that is stuck like that for over a year now? Relic is going to do whatever the fuck they want. :D

And a mild Tiger buff isn´t going to break the game. Keep in mind it also has been constantly nerfed (HP decrease, Blitz nerf, no armor buff on vet, call in limitation to 1). It was lacking as a heavy tank, thus needed adjustment. And instead of mirroring an IS-2, it gets range.
5 Sep 2015, 12:39 PM

Add Sdkfz 221 to Wehrmacht Tier1 building, 240mp 20fuel, armor same as soviet m3.Excel at killing sniper and can kill bren with sufficient micro(as CoH1 PE Scout Car). Also has good sight for late game usefulness.

I fell in love with this idea immediately after reading it. 221 with MG34 in T1 for 20 fuel and then we buff T2 222 2cm cannon to the Luchs' level after raising its price to 40-50 and buffing its other stats.

KV1 become soviet stock tank at tier4 for 410mp and 130 fuel. Replace KV1 in Counter Attack Tactic for KV2.

USF M2 60mm mortar at tier0.

These ideas are excellent too, but we all know they won't be implemented.

I also have a simple question: when will descriptions for Tankoviy Batallion and Mechanized Armor Kampaneya be updated? My OCD ticks every time I read Tankoviy has traditional turreted tanks and Kampaneya has tank destroyers.
5 Sep 2015, 12:40 PM

Unwarranted like the Panzerwerfer-nerf after the panzerwerfer-nerf? Or the (I hope accidental) ninja Panzerwerfer-nerf in the last patch? The unit that is stuck like that for over a year now? Relic is going to do whatever the fuck they want. :D

And a mild Tiger buff isn´t going to break the game. Keep in mind it also has been constantly nerfed (HP decrease, Blitz nerf, no armor buff on vet, call in limitation to 1). It was lacking as a heavy tank, thus needed adjustment. And instead of mirroring an IS-2, it gets range.

Panzerwerfer was nerfed, so was katyusha. It wasn't very significant.

Keep in mind that relic IS buffing the panzerwerfer in the next patch.

I'm not saying its going to break the game, only that the change was not needed. Why did it need a buff? It was more effective againts infantry than the IS-2, and slightly less effective againts tanks than the IS-2. (More effective againts medium tanks thought, still)

Just because there is one allied tank in the game that it couldn't beat in a 1v1 slugfest doesn't mean it was underperforming.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS