Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/04/2015

PAGES (13)down
5 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 12:25 PMBurts

The tiger will beat an IS-2 now. The tiger is now significantly better againts infantry, and better againts armor than the IS-2.

It wont affect much anyways, since IS-2 is still a very good tank..

The IS-2 got 75 more armor, the Tiger got 10 more pen. That means the IS-2 effectively has 365 armor vs the Tiger's 300 armor. 22% more armor for 22% slower reload.

The IS-2 has a 10% better chance to pen the Tiger though (63% vs 53% at max range).

So, the IS-2 deflects more shots (which negates the RoF advantage of the Tiger to some extend) and pens more often.

BUT a fight between these two tanks is decided by RNG anyway. Hard to predict which tank wins although the IS-2 got the theoretical advantage.

Regarding AI effectiveness: The IS-2 got better AoE but more scatter (it hits less often but hits hard). The IS-2's top mount MG also deals way more damage then the Tiger one.

I'd say in overall AI effectiveness they are kind of equal. Again, RNG decides how good they perform.

The pen buff makes no difference vs all Soviet/USF stock vehicles. It's only slightly better against heavy UKF vehicles and the IS-2/ISU but those vehicles have their own advantages over the Tiger.

The pen buff is absolutely fine IMO. What confuses me is the range buff.
5 Sep 2015, 13:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Would like to report that Elite Riflemen still spawn with Vet 2, even with the mod. Elefant tooltip still shows it taking up 25 pop, but it seems like it uses 19, as stated in the patch/mod notes. ISU, Tiger, and other call-in vehicles which had population changed have not been tested, but checking the tooltips for those units might be warranted. I'm wrong, disregard :P

Lastly, infantry flamers seem thoroughly underwhelming with the mod, against units in the open, in cover, and importantly in garrisons. Units in houses can reliably beat dedicated flamethrower infantry. Some medium between the strength of live-version flamers and this mod's flamethrower strength should be reached.
5 Sep 2015, 13:56 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 02:32 AMbC_

will be adding to next revision ;)

Thanks.

Strumming and I found a bug with elite riflemen in the 1v1s we played to test the mod. They still come onto the field with vet 2.
[see post above]
5 Sep 2015, 14:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Personally, I would have preferred they swapped the IS-2 and Tiger's speed, keeps them distinct - IS-2 would be the tougher, slower, heavier-hitting tank good at AT; Tiger would be a faster, more delicate, fast-attacking tank good at AI.

Plus, the game's sense of logic generally makes weaker vehicles faster to compensate in survivability terms...

I also have a simple question: when will descriptions for Tankoviy Batallion and Mechanized Armor Kampaneya be updated? My OCD ticks every time I read Tankoviy has traditional turreted tanks and Kampaneya has tank destroyers.

Heh, yeah. Just swap their names and descriptions, please!
5 Sep 2015, 15:20 PM

AA Mode removed from the USF AA Halftrack, general AA stats have been compensated to adjust.

Ouch!

Why....this was about one of the only really valuable US additions to an allied team game. I'm talking about AA (not anti-infantry)

I'll just have to take your word for it, that the AA of other units can now compensate.

But apart from a potential no real defense against axis air attacks, this change also depreciates the halftrack. Meaning that fewer will buy it and thus less variety.

Was this really necessary? If the HT AA was found to be OP, why not just scale its damage down? Why remove it alltogether?
5 Sep 2015, 15:22 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 12:40 PMBurts

Panzerwerfer was nerfed, so was katyusha. It wasn't very significant.

Keep in mind that relic IS buffing the panzerwerfer in the next patch.

I'm not saying its going to break the game, only that the change was not needed. Why did it need a buff? It was more effective againts infantry than the IS-2, and slightly less effective againts tanks than the IS-2. (More effective againts medium tanks thought, still)

Just because there is one allied tank in the game that it couldn't beat in a 1v1 slugfest doesn't mean it was underperforming.

Of course it was underperforming. Tiger couldnt stand a fight against ISU or IS2. There was no reason to build it, except maybe the Ace version. Most competent players went rather for two Panthers for flanking or Elefant for hardcounter.

With the buffs it will be back in the pool of axis options. Probably one of the best alround heavies in the game. I think thats how it should be with such an iconic unit.
5 Sep 2015, 15:46 PM

Sherman should get back armor but decrease pen as it was.

Also, Tiger :drool:
5 Sep 2015, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 00:46 AMbC_
typo in the notes tiger range is 40 to 45

I dont really see the need for such a drastic nerf in MG42 damage, 0.4 would of made more sense... but with the dps nerf i hope the price goes back down to 240 too...
5 Sep 2015, 16:12 PM

wasnt the bezooka from 60 to 50 ammo? cuz its not there yet
5 Sep 2015, 16:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 16:05 PMCorsin

I dont really see the need for such a drastic nerf in MG42 damage, 0.4 would of made more sense... but with the dps nerf i hope the price goes back down to 240 too...

The first post says the DPS nerf was reverted.
5 Sep 2015, 16:40 PM
Benefactor 115

Universal Carrier, WC51 Doge, 222, Kubelwagon, and M3 Scout car now have 50 bonus accuracy to snipers type.

while thats a nice change to help Brits to deal with snipers ( perhaps a bit OTT!) the UC is a very cumbersome unit and with current timings you have no way of repairing the unit as its pretty easy to faust it.

Leaves you with a useless unit until you can tech to T2 for sappers.
5 Sep 2015, 16:55 PM

Permanently Banned
Tiger was over buffed

Sherm should get it's armor back
5 Sep 2015, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 00:46 AMbC_
Tiger Penetration increased from 180/200/220 to 200/220/240
Tiger range increased from 40 to 45

Nice 12.5% more range and 10% more penetration. -meh(gives as much as a bulletin)
But if i could choose between IS2 or Tiger,
IS2 still easy choice.

When i think Tiger unit in game, the word 'good' doesn't come to mind, let alone "LEGENDARY ".

"King Tiger improves on the already vaunted capabilities of the Tiger by adding a higher-velocity KwK 43 L/71 88mm gun and more effective sloped armor..."
also needs a look at.

i cry erry tiem
5 Sep 2015, 17:48 PM

More health vehicle than King Tiger/Jagdtiger is bullpudding.
5 Sep 2015, 18:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tiger pen buff is fine. Tiger range buff is not needed.
5 Sep 2015, 18:29 PM

The pen buff is absolutely fine IMO. What confuses me is the range buff.

Probably to match the Comet. Which is basically a stock mini-tiger. And because 40 range = more shots revived from fireflys which also means ur gonna die if theres a marked vehicle involved.

Basically... they need 50 range to combat alot of the new stuff.
5 Sep 2015, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 18:29 PMCorsin

Probably to match the Comet. Which is basically a stock mini-tiger. And because 40 range = more shots revived from fireflys which also means ur gonna die if theres a marked vehicle involved.

Basically... they need 50 range to combat alot of the new stuff.
What about USF or a soviet player without a heavy doctrine. The only thing they have to counter a tiger is Tank destroyers and a t vet 2 the only advantage they will have is a measly 5 range.

Flanking and kiting is going to be harder for every faction not just brits, and range is a huge buff. Even infantry will find it harder to be near a tiger and tigers are already good enough vs infantry. This is a buff vs everything.
5 Sep 2015, 18:55 PM

What about USF or a soviet player without a heavy doctrine. The only thing they have to counter a tiger is Tank destroyers and a t vet 2 the only advantage they will have is a measly 5 range.

Flanking and kiting is going to be harder for every faction not just brits, and range is a huge buff. Even infantry will find it harder to be near a tiger and tigers are already good enough vs infantry. This is a buff vs everything.

Honestly the shear fact that Ostheer has no 60 range tank destroyer is a good reason for the Tiger I to have 45 range, but it shouldn't get more range at Vet 2 like it currently does (which would give the IS2 an advantage over it as Vet 2). They should replace the Tiger I's vet 2 with a survability buff.

Flanking a Tiger isn't really necessary, since all the regular TD's and AT guns have a good chance of penetrating it's frontal armor.
5 Sep 2015, 18:55 PM

The pak40 has a harder time penetrating a Is2 than zis penetrating a tiger.
The IS2 is still faster, means you can gtfo quicker when a situation becomes hairy.
I usually:snfPeter: manage to keep my Is2 alive longer than my tiger, hence the reason why i completely stoped using tigers since they are just vet food for tank destroyers. Especially after the Jackson pen buff.

Don't try to make believe us you play soviet more than 1 time/2 months, or hide your playercard.:foreveralone:
5 Sep 2015, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 00:41 AMnigo
Balance Preview Update 09/04/2015

WC51 Doge now have 50 bonus accuracy to snipers type.

ebin memes relic
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak