Login

russian armor

Remove demo charges

19 Jul 2015, 21:21 PM

I think everyone can agree, that these things require zero skill to use. Just place these to victory points, fuel points, roads, muni points, everywhere and watch your german enemies exploding. Instawiping any infantry squad (even it looks funny, at least to Allied player), even if it costs 90 munitions is not right. CoH has been shining when the game has been about unit preservation and squad wipes need a lot of work to do, or an awful mistake from the enemy. Nobody is a fan of oneshotting in this game.

Inb4 get a minesweeper. Yeah, your pios must be on top of the demo to disarm it, before it you can just press a button and BOOM Sturmpioneers or pioneers have given their precious lives for the fatherland. :snfPeter: And OKW sweeping after minesweeper range buff isnt so effective anyway, because sturms are so expensive.

Honestly, can´t just Relic remove these things from the game? They have removed/nerfed cheesy stuff from the game many times, like precision strike, Elefant/Jagdtiger/ISU OPness, medium callins, Tiger Ace.

Inb4 someone says that: "OK remove demo charges when conspricts can scale to late game", or "OK remove demos when USA gets mines for Rear echelons", faulty game or unit design is not an excuse for another badly designed unit or ability.
19 Jul 2015, 21:23 PM

Or has this thread cover all already, i didnt bother to search before creating a thread. :facepalm: :facepalm: http://www.coh2.org/topic/34428/no-tech-demo-just-poor-design.
19 Jul 2015, 21:24 PM

With the HMG changes there really is no need for demo charges now, but I would like to keep them in the game to blow up buildings and bridges, so I propose all factions get the paratroopers timed democharge. It's useful for blowing stuff up, but won't delete capping squads by clicking a button.
19 Jul 2015, 21:26 PM

If anything they are too cheap.
19 Jul 2015, 21:27 PM

I would like to keep them in the game to blow up buildings and bridges, so I propose all factions get the paratroopers timed democharge.
19 Jul 2015, 21:42 PM
Donator 11

With the HMG changes there really is no need for demo charges now, but I would like to keep them in the game to blow up buildings and bridges, so I propose all factions get the paratroopers timed democharge. It's useful for blowing stuff up, but won't delete capping squads by clicking a button.

they should be made the same as the airborne demo's...

currently they're just another stupid element.

Your pios don't need to be on top of the Demo to disarm it.

Once it is detected you can just shoot it.

Demos take as much skill as all the nonsense garbage that comes with CAS and you can just keep feeding yourself munitions.

As long as CAS remains so should demos being the way they are.
19 Jul 2015, 21:45 PM

Demos take as much skill as all the nonsense garbage that comes with CAS and you can just keep feeding yourself munitions.

As long as CAS remains so should demos being the way they are.

faulty game or unit design is not an excuse for another badly designed unit or ability.
19 Jul 2015, 21:49 PM

Let them destroy buildings, cover, emplacements, bridges, etc. not full squads.

/thread
Vez
19 Jul 2015, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 21:49 PMCieZ
Let them destroy buildings, cover, emplacements, bridges, etc. not full squads.

/thread
+1
19 Jul 2015, 21:58 PM

Totally agree,nothing more to add here.
Paratrooper demo would be the best replacement.
19 Jul 2015, 21:58 PM
Donator 11

Mining and blowing up bridges was main part of warfare on both fronts so it cannot be a timer for sure, you ofc blow a bridge when enemy is on it not before! The same goes for buildings. Its worth mentioning that demos are already ridicolously expensive to plant as it is a worth of 3 mines. That said they should either be set only on buildings but with cost decrease to 60 or on buildings and neutral objects (like tanks, cover and so on) with no cost change or sadly made even more expensive by upgrade needed or cost changed to 100 muni
19 Jul 2015, 22:06 PM

I don't know, I think they are fine albeit rage inducing at times. I think a little under 100 Mu (90?) is a fair exchange to wipe a single capping squad at the least or more if your opponent is being a bit blobby. For their cost they are hard to spam without giving up Mines, Quad Upgrades, DPs, Etc.

FYI you don't have to use a Pioneer to defuse a demo charge. A while back they changed it so that once you detect the charge you can just target it and then shoot it to detonate it safely (or when your opponent's squads are near if you want to be cheeky)
19 Jul 2015, 22:13 PM

^^forgot about defusing demo with small arms, but the problem is still there. Wiping full health squads by pressing two buttons, it is not right.
19 Jul 2015, 22:21 PM

Just wait, just wait oooooh! Vet 3 LMG grens KABAM!! Kappa MVGame
19 Jul 2015, 22:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 22:13 PMl4hti
^^forgot about defusing demo with small arms, but the problem is still there. Wiping full health squads by pressing two buttons, it is not right.

But alas, Axis mines that require no management after they have been placed that can have the same effect are perfectly fine!
19 Jul 2015, 22:33 PM

if it gets changed to paratrooper demos, then it will never get used ever again, I don't really care, but I just wanted to put that out there
19 Jul 2015, 22:37 PM

Demos need to stay in the game for Brit commandos. Give Ost/Okw the goliath to compensate.
19 Jul 2015, 22:38 PM

It's a great blob punisher. I'd be sad to see it go.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment