Login

russian armor

Remove demo charges

20 Jul 2015, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 15:15 PMBlalord

And the reason for "increase sight range" bulletins for static Arty pieces ? a brain bug, is a bug :P /SarcasmOff

OH, but they have some actual use. They might alert you from an incoming flank! /s

Do you think that's useless? What about reducing the munition cost of satchels by 1, reduce the dispatch time of JT (and now they are limited to 1), reducing the cost of the 222 upgrade (it will be free), and so on...

Reduce range on sweeper had some, extremely bad, logic. Bulletins on the other hand, are just an overlook at a feature on which they end up not knowing what to do with them.
20 Jul 2015, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 16:30 PMKatitof

What should we give to soviets to compensate for grens LMGs and volks shrecks?
See the flaw in your logic yet?

The game isn't balanced symmetrically, I thought you would be aware of that after 10,000 posts in multiple balance forums.
20 Jul 2015, 18:35 PM

I dunno, I rarely get more than one LMG42 per match. I'd much rather have a minefield or a bunker. There's no need for DPS when your enemy is suppressed or can barely move for fear of detonation.

As for OKW, I usually go fortifications and build no efields and bunkers and use the rak for my AT. I love that little gun.

It's less "Ostheer needs it in general" more of "Grens need it to be worth it after a certain game time" because your gren's ain't keeping up with the LMG rifle/para blob unless they have some sort of upgrade to counter.

Volks are frankly pathetic AI performance wise so getting them is essentially just to establish map control and get shreks. They don't really serve any other purpose than just being "more stuff".
20 Jul 2015, 18:39 PM

Thank you Rollo, that is all I needed.

Suggestion:
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 22:37 PMRollo
Demos need to stay in the game for Brit commandos. Give Ost/Okw the goliath to compensate.

Answer:
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 18:33 PMRollo

The game isn't balanced symmetrically, I thought you would be aware of that after 10,000 posts in multiple balance forums.

Thank you. :nahnah:
I swear, making people look like completely biased hypocrites is easier then ever.

Queen-this is how you do it NOOB.
20 Jul 2015, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 18:39 PMKatitof

Queen-this is how you do it NOOB.

How to troll, derail and spam threads with meaningless prattle without getting banned.

Better be taking notes queen. ;)
20 Jul 2015, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 14:42 PMBlalord

You use stuka barrage to sweep demo's ? :o

you can't..was a kind of joke lol meaning that a walking stuka multiple explosions will sweep anything in is path.... much worst then a single demo and people complain about demos....

Sorry if it mislead you.
20 Jul 2015, 21:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah queen L2Argue scrub.
20 Jul 2015, 21:58 PM

Demos should be changed. Change i'll make is to first need LOS in order to detonate it. Even better if it can be linked to CE having to be nearby.

This sounds like an extremely viable change, you get the ANUU CHEEKI BREEKI award of July 20 :snfAmi:
21 Jul 2015, 00:42 AM
Patrion 14

I am not in favour of removing demolition charges. They add a net positive effect to the game as they do punish blobbing. It should also be noted that Soviets don't really have a wide arc MG to deal with blobs. Furthermore, 90 ammunition is not a small investment. Do you not vary your positioning in the capping circle?

I think that suggestion someone made would be a great starting point : reduce cost to 75 ammo, add a 2.5 second timer after clicking the detonate button. Now the demo player has to time and anticipate enemy movements, and suddenly a nobrainer 1 click squadwipe turns into a more of a skill based ability. You can still use them to lure the enemy into conveniently constructed cover or abandoned team weapon, for example (which IMO should be a legitimate tactic for demo ambushes). They can then also reliably be disarmed by sweepers (you can no longer time your demo to explode just before the sweepers touch it).

You know how with demos you wait for THAT EXACT MOMENT where it will maximize the kill potential? Well it will be impossible with this system.

Reduced price would further enrich the game as it would make demos more useable in demolishing bunkers, buildings and trucks, which should be the primary usage for it.

For the record, I would have no problems with such a demo charge being given to all factions.

Alternative is to tie it to a 150/30 research.

All this goes for Soviets. They are only in two doctrines for US and I think it would not be fair to gimp AssEngies further.

I would rather see any one of the above changes than the elimination of demolition charges.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★