Login

russian armor

Remove demo charges

20 Jul 2015, 16:16 PM

If players are so insistent on sweepers been the answer? why dont they just use mines?

Oh wait... its because they KNOW that demos are...

A) Better at wiping squads.
B) Can be detonated even after been detected.
c) can be hidden more easily in bushes or behind objects.

The big difference is... you cant rely on your units to notice them (like mines) but you the player have to notice them. Which is hard to do when you've got units harass capturing back points while your focus and micro is on the big battle at the other side of the map.

OKW cannot afford 3 sturm pio squads all with mine detectors to conduct every flank/attack/harassment cap.

Just make it the same as the airborne demo and be done with this ridiculous debate.
20 Jul 2015, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2015, 22:37 PMRollo
Demos need to stay in the game for Brit commandos. Give Ost/Okw the goliath to compensate.

What should we give to soviets to compensate for grens LMGs and volks shrecks?
See the flaw in your logic yet?
20 Jul 2015, 16:32 PM

The reason why demo's that can be placed anywere are problematic is because they punish intelligent players who don't blob far, far more than players who blob.

What should we give to soviets to compensate for grens LMGs and volks shrecks?
See the flaw in your logic yet?

grens LMG's and Volks shreks are absolutely necessary for Ost and OKW respectively; Soviets can live with demo's that are limited to world objects.
20 Jul 2015, 16:35 PM

grens LMG's and Volks shreks are absolutely necessary for Ost and OKW respectively; Soviets can live with demo's that are limited to world objects.

Cool, except they are not. There is nothing that volkshrecks do that puppchen/puma/JP4 wouldn't do. Same for grens and MG42s and snipers. Unless what you want to do is your fav and only playstyle mr.Blobberino.

I can say as well that "demos are absolutely necessary for sov to fight late game superior axis inf without the need to spam elite infantry".
aaa
20 Jul 2015, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 16:24 PMIGOR
hehe gonna cry brah ? you axis fanboys are stupid... if you can see the gardening
demo with sweepers, why the hell go to disarm it ? just avoid it and try to blow it up with a grenade or tank ffs... :facepalm:

yes I agree. Removing demo with tank is a best idea for them. Get an Ace to remove demo with it.
Everithing other than that is truth.
20 Jul 2015, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 16:35 PMKatitof

Cool, except they are not.
Also I can say as well that "demos are absolutely necessary for sov to fight late game superior axis inf without the need to spam elite infantry".

Except theyre not...

M3 Quad,
T-70
ISU-152
IS2
Katyusha
Flamestrike
Shocktroops
SU76-barrage
ZIS-barrage
120mm
KV-8
B4

All of these fantastically deal with infantry. You dont need a lame skilless 2 click squad wipe that can kill vetted up squads that have been well preserved all game. Just because they're trying to flank something.

Use skill, not Cheese.
20 Jul 2015, 16:45 PM
Patrion 14

Invissed some cute flame posts from (who else but) Queen and Igor.

Queen, are you dense or do you have a mental disability that doesn't allow you to show the very basic form of politeness or at least manners?
20 Jul 2015, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 16:35 PMKatitof

Cool, except they are not. There is nothing that volkshrecks do that puppchen/puma/JP4 wouldn't do. Same for grens and MG42s and snipers. Unless what you want to do is your fav and only playstyle mr.Blobberino.

I can say as well that "demos are absolutely necessary for sov to fight late game superior axis inf without the need to spam elite infantry".

Uh, no. The puppchen/puma/JPIV do not make the existence of shreks nill. Volks are only good because of the shrek they carry; why is this shrek so valuable? Because it gives OKW a way to make up for the fact they will always have less vehicles than the enemy will. Decent shrek play is the hallmark of any good OKW player.

Grens need the LMG42 because Ostheer has no elite infantry to compare to Soviet elite infantry. If grens lacked the LMG42 they wouldn't be able to stay on the field and remain useful after shocks and guards hit the field. The LMG42 is very fundamental to the way the infantry dynamic of Ostheer works.

So concluding from those 2 facts; the 2 most basic Axis infantry would cease to be useful without the LMG42 and Shrek package thus the removal of said upgrades would be massive blow to each faction were as Soviets would NOT be worse off if the demo charge was limited to a timer based one like the Para (which is useful) or just limited to being put on buildings and bridges.

Soviets now have a good MG that can do AoE suppression, both Guards and Shocks are useful, the M5 rips infantry apart. Soviets have absolutely 0 issues with Axis infantry late game without the demo charge.

Again: The democharge punishes smart players who flank and spread squads out around the map to establish map control. The demo charge encourages blobbing because it forces a player to put all there important infantry with 1 sweeper squad.

20 Jul 2015, 16:51 PM
Patrion 39

Invissed some cute flame posts from (who else but) Queen and Igor.

Queen, are you dense or do you have a mental disability that doesn't allow you to show the very basic form of politeness or at least manners?

Does he have a superpower that allows him to avoid permabans? :snfBarton:

Demos are fun to use, especially when you get a satisfying squad wipe. That being said, at the end of the day, it's a toxic ability that should be removed or toned down significantly. In a game focused around squad preservation, stuff like this just isn't acceptable.
20 Jul 2015, 16:55 PM
Patrion 14

Does he have a superpower that allows him to avoid permabans? :snfBarton:

He'll get there
20 Jul 2015, 17:02 PM

cant say the truth,coz you gonna clear my post klug :foreveralone:
20 Jul 2015, 17:02 PM

Permanently Banned

Nice irony in this
20 Jul 2015, 17:07 PM
Patrion 14

Nice irony in this

Cya back in a day
20 Jul 2015, 17:10 PM
Patrion 39

Cya back in a day

Enjoy your ban scrubalub
20 Jul 2015, 17:17 PM
Donator 11

Bans flying in the air
Hux
20 Jul 2015, 17:30 PM
Patrion 14

I think the demo charge mechanic could definitely be expanded upon in some way. I love demos but from my point of view they are a little too easy to use.

I'd like to see them tie up the engineer unit that builds them until they are fired. Some kind of mechanic where the Engis have to build an detonation wire (similar to how you have to build barbed wire) and then remain in a static state on the detonator until the demo is used would be nice.

This would mean that engineers would at least have to be close by to detonate them.

Fuck knows, but I'd definitely like to see more of a risk/reward tradeoff on this ability.
20 Jul 2015, 17:43 PM

Uh, no. The puppchen/puma/JPIV do not make the existence of shreks nill. Volks are only good because of the shrek they carry; why is this shrek so valuable? Because it gives OKW a way to make up for the fact they will always have less vehicles than the enemy will. Decent shrek play is the hallmark of any good OKW player.

Grens need the LMG42 because Ostheer has no elite infantry to compare to Soviet elite infantry. If grens lacked the LMG42 they wouldn't be able to stay on the field and remain useful after shocks and guards hit the field. The LMG42 is very fundamental to the way the infantry dynamic of Ostheer works.

So concluding from those 2 facts; the 2 most basic Axis infantry would cease to be useful without the LMG42 and Shrek package thus the removal of said upgrades would be massive blow to each faction were as Soviets would NOT be worse off if the demo charge was limited to a timer based one like the Para (which is useful) or just limited to being put on buildings and bridges.

Soviets now have a good MG that can do AoE suppression, both Guards and Shocks are useful, the M5 rips infantry apart. Soviets have absolutely 0 issues with Axis infantry late game without the demo charge.

Again: The democharge punishes smart players who flank and spread squads out around the map to establish map control. The demo charge encourages blobbing because it forces a player to put all there important infantry with 1 sweeper squad.

I dunno, I rarely get more than one LMG42 per match. I'd much rather have a minefield or a bunker. There's no need for DPS when your enemy is suppressed or can barely move for fear of detonation.

As for OKW, I usually go fortifications and build no efields and bunkers and use the rak for my AT. I love that little gun.
20 Jul 2015, 18:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 16:39 PMCorsin

Except theyre not...

M3 Quad,
T-70
ISU-152
IS2
Katyusha
Flamestrike
Shocktroops
SU76-barrage
ZIS-barrage
120mm
KV-8
B4

All of these fantastically deal with infantry. You dont need a lame skilless 2 click squad wipe that can kill vetted up squads that have been well preserved all game. Just because they're trying to flank something.

Use skill, not Cheese.

I'll correct some things:

B4: you are just better with 152. And even with that, you are praying to RNGesus for some lucky shots.
KV8: it was "bad" prior to flame crit nerf. It's even worst against infantry after the flame crit nerf
120: it has a worst profile than the OH mortar. In fact, even the stock mortar is better.
Zis/Su76 barrage: lol
Shocktroops: and i'll add Guards on that suggestion. Shocks are less scary since you can just kite them with anything.
Flame barrage: again, no updates after flame crit nerf

---------------------

-I found it funny how some people ask for Goliaths and on the same hand complain about demos :P
-Demos should be changed. Change i'll make is to first need LOS in order to detonate it. Even better if it can be linked to CE having to be nearby.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★