Login

russian armor

Remove demo charges

20 Jul 2015, 11:52 AM

Well demo charges were designed this way to create ice traps iirc, make them placeable on cover, buildings and ice only and we're set.
aaa
20 Jul 2015, 12:01 PM

it was already been nerfed btw. If you find it with sweeper it s 90 muni lost right away. Even infatry can get rid of it now.
20 Jul 2015, 12:02 PM

do not blob, buy minesweeper and pay attention

#adapt
20 Jul 2015, 12:04 PM
Patrion 14

I proposed this in the other thread already, but I'll do it again:

Remove the demo for all factions and give the units that had it before s-mine fields. Then we meet in another op thread in a month ;)
20 Jul 2015, 12:06 PM

Demos are important tools, the game need them. The fear factor coming from them is also important. Don't change them. They are not spamable and can be swept or kill with small arm easily. (Stukas sweeping...)

Thanks

20 Jul 2015, 14:42 PM

Demos are important tools, the game need them. The fear factor coming from them is also important. Don't change them. They are not spamable and can be swept or kill with small arm easily. (Stukas sweeping...)

Thanks

You use stuka barrage to sweep demo's ? :o

20 Jul 2015, 14:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Sweep it up. If axis gets Goliath (which we can fine in files) dont touch the demo.

Relic is telling OKW players to l2p indirectly by increasing the detection range of sturm sweepers. And allowing it to be targeted.
20 Jul 2015, 14:56 PM

Sweep it up. If axis gets Goliath (which we can fine in files) dont touch the demo.

Relic is telling OKW players to l2p indirectly by increasing the detection range of sturm sweepers. And allowing it to be targeted.

Sturm sweeper range was inferior, its just a bug fix.

Good things you can target a demo, when you know that if you defuse them, he just have to press a button to tell you bye bye

20 Jul 2015, 15:01 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 14:56 PMBlalord

Sturm sweeper range was inferior, its just a bug fix.

Good things you can target a demo, when you know that if you defuse them, he just have to press a button to tell you bye bye

I was in the alpha, it wasn't a bug, it was a buff.

Your second point is irrelevant, you DONT need to disarm. Just fire at the demo.
20 Jul 2015, 15:08 PM

I was in the alpha, it wasn't a bug, it was a buff.

Your second point is irrelevant, you DONT need to disarm. Just fire at the demo.

- There was 0 reason why sweeper range should have less range
- They added the "target demo", before you had to ground target with tanks, or hope a grenade /flamer will explode them

20 Jul 2015, 15:09 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 15:08 PMBlalord

- They added the "target demo", before you had to ground target with tanks, or hope a grenade /flamer will explode them

ok?
20 Jul 2015, 15:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 15:08 PMBlalord

Reason was*:

-Increased repair rate
-Allowing them to switch

*Which was still stupid.

20 Jul 2015, 15:15 PM

Reason was*:

-Increased repair rate
-Allowing them to switch

*Which was still stupid.

And the reason for "increase sight range" bulletins for static Arty pieces ? a brain bug, is a bug :P /SarcasmOff
20 Jul 2015, 15:43 PM

I usually play Allies, and whenever I have demos at my disposal I use them freely. I put one on my fuel, one on enemy fuel if I can, and will often also put one on a perceived future chokepoint.

Because of this, whenever I play Axis I'm always very careful about demos.

If there's any possibility that my opponent ever had any unit with "Engineer" in the name around a point, I make sure to position my capping squad at the edge, with just one man inside the circle. If there's a demo there, then I lose one man at most. My enemy has then made a poor investment.

If I ever see my enemy laying any sort of explosive, or come across a mine or a demo, then I mark him as "clever" and get sweepers. I keep my units spaced out at all times. In a pinch, a mortar can serve as a makeshift sweeper.

For some reason I never face anyone that puts demos on buildings. Presumably this is because they want to preserve the building for their own use too, but I think that a demo can do a lot of damage on some maps where buildings control important areas. At the same time, I would never put a squad in a building I had set a demo on, as the risk of premature detonation from a mortar or grenade is too high. Laying a demo on a building is very scorched-earth, and if the building's in your control you probably want to use it, without having the constant fear of a stray mortar hitting a demo and blowing it all down.

At the end of the day, I rarely have issues with demos. Sometimes they'll catch me if I underestimate my opponent's stupidity, like when he lays a demo on the same point twice even though I neutralized it with no casualties the first time. I figure at that point that he won't risk the investment again, but sometimes they miraculously do.

Enemy stupidity has cost me more games than their intelligence. Or is there a difference between the two?

Effective demo play requires forethought and skill, unless your enemy is the kind of idiot that moves four squads per click and has lone squads with queued up cap orders touring the map. But then in those cases, an S-mine field is far more effective, significantly cheaper, and even automatic. I remember occasions when I killed three or more conscript squads with one minefield, and one recently where I killed two shocks and a T-34.

The demo charge is fine where it is. This is one of those situations where I'd say it's the player that's the issue, not the game.

Also, Goliath is probably gonna be rolling in soon, and if its anything like vCoH then it'll be even better than a demo.

>inb4 nerf goliath threads
20 Jul 2015, 15:44 PM

Lol at at anyone who says "don't blobb" and "use sweepers" demos are taking out 1-2 squads usually. It's the lone flanker, or its part of a flank that isn't coveted by sweepers. Yea cuz I'm supposed to have 3 mine sweepers to do a 3 point flank on a position. Hmmm
20 Jul 2015, 15:58 PM

Ehhhhhh, while I enjoy the use of demos on a daily basis having them used against me can be lethal if done properly. While having a sweeper at all times is helpful it cannot save the day for squads halfway across the map unless you get more than one sweeper squad, which while semi-cheap really hinders the mp you want to use for something else. I feel it would be better to set demos for only buildings and objects of strategic use.
20 Jul 2015, 16:02 PM
Donator 11

Well demo charges were designed this way to create ice traps iirc, make them placeable on cover, buildings and ice only and we're set.

You forgot bridges but yeah, it would be enough.
20 Jul 2015, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 15:58 PMVonIvan
Ehhhhhh, while I enjoy the use of demos on a daily basis having them used against me can be lethal if done properly. While having a sweeper at all times is helpful it cannot save the day for squads halfway across the map unless you get more than one sweeper squad, which while semi-cheap really hinders the mp you want to use for something else. I feel it would be better to set demos for only buildings and objects of strategic use.

Nowadays its 90% of the time used as a beefy mines, that was not the purpose of demo's
20 Jul 2015, 16:10 PM

nice an "Its too hard argument"

#adapt

Lol your funny
#not
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %