Login

russian armor

Remove demo charges

19 Jul 2015, 22:38 PM

I don't like how you have to lead every attack with sweepers, so a 3 point flank is near impossible. 90 muni isn't a thing for allies either last time I checked
19 Jul 2015, 22:40 PM

if it gets changed to paratrooper demos, then it will never get used ever again, I don't really care, but I just wanted to put that out there

When engineers flank bunkers they use demos, so they would get used again. As well as destroying bridges
19 Jul 2015, 22:40 PM
Patrion 310

I don't like how you have to lead every attack with sweepers, so a 3 point flank is near impossible. 90 muni isn't a thing for allies either last time I checked

But what if your 3 way flank got hit by regular mines?

Also how would you know what allied munitions are like when you have pretty much never played them?
19 Jul 2015, 22:41 PM
Patrion 28

I like demos, don't remove them :|
19 Jul 2015, 22:42 PM

But what if your 3 way flank got hit by regular mines?

Regular mines don't kill 1 or 2 full health squads.
19 Jul 2015, 22:44 PM
Patrion 310

Regular mines don't kill 1 or 2 full health squads.
Can easily kill 1 squad if it bunches enough. If the 2 are grouped together there is a decent chance of taking out 50% of each squad. Are you gonna still attack when 50% + of the squad members are dead?
19 Jul 2015, 22:53 PM
Donator 11

90 muni is a lot for allies. I spend all my leftover muni in 1v1s on demos and you know what? I rarely build any. And if i make more than one in a whole match its because the match was already won.

When engineers flank bunkers they use demos, so they would get used again. As well as destroying bridges

The point of a demo is to trap your enemy: on a bridge, in a neutral building or vehicle, in green cover and so on. What is the point of destroying empty bridge? You can build tank traps or sth just to block the path and it is free...

As for dealing with demos: dont clumb, also you dont have to keep your sweepers with your attacking soldiers, its in most cases enough to check in suspicious places (where you would place demo, but you need to alse play sov for this ofc) Nobody places demo on the empty ground unless his opponent is blobbing heavily down the same path few times in a row.
19 Jul 2015, 22:56 PM

Agreed they are hard to sweep but you dont really have* to sweep them. Just know they are there and don't walk 3 units over it at the same time. Why do you have 2-3 units lumped up together anyway?

I never suffer that much from them, I find the more spam-able TM-35 more annoying. I often don't bother defusing them. I just need the vision so i can avoid them and then destroy/defuse when I have control over that particular area.

But I guess things might be different in 1v1.

But what people are saying is basically to remove them for a timer, I get the argument, just feel it isnt much of a problem and is a welcome blob-stopper. Same as Goliath was and I never had issues with that either.
19 Jul 2015, 23:04 PM
Patrion 14

It explodes to small arms now when you sweep it, after the nest patch you can get double sturmpio's opening as well. It's a pretty big cost, so it should be rewarded imo.
19 Jul 2015, 23:29 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I think people are mistaking that high-reward/high-risk should = squad wipe. And people saying that they are needed to negate blobs, well, the demos I've seen in replays and those I have used myself aren't used to decimate massed infantry. They're often decimating lone units instead without warning.

People are saying to simply sweep them and shoot them once detected, but you are not going to be going everywhere with sweepers, especially if you're just simply going to cap portions of the map with a lone squad. It punishes lone capping squads just as hard as it punishes blobbing. 90 munitions wiping out a fully vetted LMG Gren squad, or if Allies were getting hit by them, fully vetted LMG Paratroopers/Guards is not justified. You can't always bring sweepers, especially if you need to rapidly recapture portions of the map, either because you were driven off, or you're taking advantage of displacing your opponent off the field. Also, you're probably not going to have double sweepers early on and you might have a flamethrower instead if you're fighting on Urban maps or want to make your pios combat effective. OKW generally doesn't have double Sturms to be everywhere though maybe it will change next patch.

If you're on a map like Semoisky with your fuel being de-capped and you send your pioneers down mid to sweep for possible mines a grenadier squad has probably been assigned to re-take the fuel and drive away what squad might of been there because pioneers with sweepers are not combat effective unless the other guys has minesweepers on his engineers as well. With the distance between mid and fuel on a map like that, you can't have your pios sweep in a time efficient fashion when you need that fuel point back ASAP.

While Tellers and M20 mine may also be similar in the sense they kill any vehicle with less than 400hp which cost more in terms of fuel while also being cheaper then a demo, you depend on your enemy driving over them, they only strike vehicles and you can't pick what dies or not. M3 rolls over the mine and not the T-34? Yes it's a loss, but you'd probably want the mine hitting the T-34 if the M3 had lived up to that point. You also have a better idea of where mines will be placed while a demo could be anywhere on a capture point, or behind that wall, in the crater, behind the sandbags, or that building you want to jump into for cover.

S-mines can be just as devastating, especially on retreat paths, but they have signs while TM-35s have become a lot more bearable compared to the super mines they used to be. Though they still kill everyone if the squad AI decides to clump.

Anyways, I'd make demo charges cheaper, but make them on a timer to actually make them be used for their intended role, killing structures and demolishing obstacles, not remote-controlled mines. Also, make it so they don't generate green cover if that hasn't been fixed.
19 Jul 2015, 23:37 PM

The fact that people are actually trying to defend demo charges is fairly tragic/concerning.

Either all factions should have access to something like this, or none of them.

(If they all had access then it would make for a pretty stale annoying game).

So id rather just have it reduced to the same as the Paratrooper demo, (match the cost too).

Anyone who doesn't want to see this happen to the soviet demo charge, is probably abusing the crap out of them.

Enough is enough. Wipe squads with micro not 2 clicks.
19 Jul 2015, 23:49 PM

I agree it is quite scary knowing your opponent is possibility planting demos after pushing you off so you want to go recap your fuel or something like that but you are worried that there might be a demo there so you have to cap awkwardly or just avoid it completely in fear of a wipe until a sweeper can cap it. Demos are loved in 3v3 and 4v4 cause blobbing is a very common event as they pray for combat RNG but in the lower modes it is mainly used to punish lone capping units.
20 Jul 2015, 00:11 AM

As for dealing with demos: dont clumb, also you dont have to keep your sweepers with your attacking soldiers, its in most cases enough to check in suspicious places (where you would place demo, but you need to alse play sov for this ofc) Nobody places demo on the empty ground unless his opponent is blobbing heavily down the same path few times in a row.

Not every doc/faction (I didn't include that part of your post in the quote) and some of the best places for demos are in the middle of no where, on empty ground, players don't expect it there...
20 Jul 2015, 00:18 AM
Donator 11

Not every doc/faction (I didn't include that part of your post in the quote) and some of the best places for demos are in the middle of no where, on empty ground, players don't expect it there...

Sb putting a demo on unusual place usually freezes his precious muni for a very long time, in most cases whole game or it even gets swept. Its not reliable and it rarely happens that you have your squad in such place and the opponent has the vision on it. You place the demo where you expect enemy squad for some reason and if sb gets into that spot then well, he just lost a mind game and all rts games are about mind games in general.

The same goes for mines: especially immobilizing ones like riegels. Driving into it is dead tank in the same way as walking into demo is dead squad.
20 Jul 2015, 01:00 AM
Patrion 14

why not lower demo's damage against inf so they only do ok damage but suppresses?

and add incremental damage per squad (not models) like hmgs. so if 3 squads are over it, they blow up like they do now.
20 Jul 2015, 03:14 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Or just make it placeable on objects like buildings and bunkers only like COH1 American demo's. They were equally powerful but balanced.
20 Jul 2015, 06:35 AM

I'd rather see Goliath on Axis faction, so Axis can do the same wiping.:D

And if that happens, Goliath and demo should have fuel investment to start placing. (like molo upagrade)
20 Jul 2015, 06:47 AM

Permanently Banned
Yes I quite like the idea of it being placed on objects.

But honestly I understand what the demo charge was originally designed as. An ambush weapon. But its just has too many negatives associated with it.

Either reduce its cost to like 75 muni and give it a 3s timer. Or make it so its only able to be built on buildings and objects like tank traps, bridges, etc. No open ground.
20 Jul 2015, 11:26 AM

aaa
20 Jul 2015, 11:38 AM

would like to have it as it is now. They would be OP if they auto explode. But you have to have a vision.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2015, 03:14 AMBudwise
Or just make it placeable on objects like buildings and bunkers only like COH1 American demo's. They were equally powerful but balanced.

Then you have to break neck to place democharge on cheap bunker. Satchel is enough to kill bunker or even some infantry weapons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 40
Germany 692
unknown 18
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L