Login

russian armor

OKW Op.... really?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (14)down
8 May 2015, 08:11 AM

l2p issues

easiest way to separate the players that need to learn how to play from the ones that can play. See how prepare and react to sov call-in spammers.

It is so easy to punish a sov player that waits for call-ins. If u cant find out how, I suggest u get better at the game before claiming that faction X is op.

A faction is only OP when u don't know to play around their weaknesses and ur faction's strengths.

P.S, vet 5 jp4 with its first strike shot will bring an IS2 down to 50% in one hit

"l2p issues". Ugh. I'm always suprised that you're allowed to keep posting.

Post some replays of your punishing a soviet player of your level and definitely show us all your vet5 JP. Either that or stop making up BS about balance.
8 May 2015, 08:37 AM

l2p issues

easiest way to separate the players that need to learn how to play from the ones that can play. See how prepare and react to sov call-in spammers.

It is so easy to punish a sov player that waits for call-ins. If u cant find out how, I suggest u get better at the game before claiming that faction X is op.

A faction is only OP when u don't know to play around their weaknesses and ur faction's strengths.

P.S, vet 5 jp4 with its first strike shot will bring an IS2 down to 50% in one hit

*Looks at player card

Yup, this totally isn't another biased Queen shitpost.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 06:58 AMwuff
Relic should only balance for 1v1.

Totally agree, peoples idea of balance when they only play team games are always exaggerated because they go up against multiple units of the same type. 1v1 should be the foundation balance is built upon, after 1v1 is balanced the rest of the gamemodes would follow.
8 May 2015, 09:37 AM

balance for one of the least played game modes? nah

If you have 4 well balanced factions at a 1v1 level that will trickle down to team games.
8 May 2015, 09:47 AM

Totally agree, peoples idea of balance when they only play team games are always exaggerated because they go up against multiple units of the same type. 1v1 should be the foundation balance is built upon, after 1v1 is balanced the rest of the gamemodes would follow.

Agreed. That is why Relic failed to properly balance OKW - again. Because they listened to crying babies that wanted balance for 4v4 where Axis was the most powerfull. Well now it's quite the opposite, and not only in 3v3 and 4v4. Anyway it seems that balance for many people translates in this sentence: "I can do whatever I chose with allied and I still win, so the game is balanced and fun".

I'm so disapointed with Relic balance that I'm afraid to say more (in favor of Axis' factions) because I fear they will overnerf / overbuff and mess up factions again. At least like this some of the allied exclusive whiners will finaly shut up with their borring tears. Or maybe is an ELO question and I have to reach place 5000 in the ladder where I'm supposed to be with OKW starting from my current 1700. :D. Oh well...
8 May 2015, 09:51 AM

Well, if we look at the Top 10 on the right colum, 1v1 and 2v2 are more or less balanced, when 3v3 and 4v4 are totally in Axis favor.
8 May 2015, 10:50 AM

they were op for 8 months, let then suffer for atleast that time

I´ll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that this statement is proof you are trolling and not proof of you being totally out of your mind.

As for your JP IV vet 5 argument: That is flawed. How are you going to have a vet 5 JP IV if the first vehicle you are going to face is a Russian call in? The JP IV will definitely not be vet 5 during those engagements and straight out lose to Soviet call ins.
8 May 2015, 11:28 AM

l2p issues

160*1.5=240

1080/2=540

540=/=240
8 May 2015, 11:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 09:37 AMwuff

If you have 4 well balanced factions at a 1v1 level that will trickle down to team games.

I thought trickle down economics didn't work ;)
8 May 2015, 11:44 AM

I thought trickle down economics didn't work ;)

depends on what you're trying to achieve ^^
8 May 2015, 12:09 PM

Guys with FAST mobile suppress and high dps, FAST moving unit WITHOUT any terrain PENALTIES, who have ability ot build UNCUTABLE barricades is not OP?

lol

Did you try faptrack?

8 May 2015, 12:40 PM

Guys with FAST mobile suppress and high dps, FAST moving unit WITHOUT any terrain PENALTIES, who have ability ot build UNCUTABLE barricades is not OP?

lol

Did you try faptrack?

Carloff, your haircut is in the wrong direction :lol:
8 May 2015, 12:54 PM

Agreed. That is why Relic failed to properly balance OKW - again. Because they listened to crying babies that wanted balance for 4v4 where Axis was the most powerfull. Well now it's quite the opposite, and not only in 3v3 and 4v4. Anyway it seems that balance for many people translates in this sentence: "I can do whatever I chose with allied and I still win, so the game is balanced and fun".

I'm so disapointed with Relic balance that I'm afraid to say more (in favor of Axis' factions) because I fear they will overnerf / overbuff and mess up factions again. At least like this some of the allied exclusive whiners will finaly shut up with their borring tears. Or maybe is an ELO question and I have to reach place 5000 in the ladder where I'm supposed to be with OKW starting from my current 1700. :D. Oh well...

PROTIP : Relic listens absolutely 0 to anything that is said is said on these forums. And if they do, they take very little insight from it. And thats good.

They have a private alpha made out of some high level players + some okay players and they rely on their own system that pulls stats out of a game that shows how certain faction, units perform at different matchups, times in the game and size of the game.

In the end, balance generally is just a perspective. Balance has never been a huge problem in coh 2 because there are alot of units and generally there is always something you can do to counter an OP unit. I'd honestly say that unless you are top 50 or whatever arbitrary number, balance issues simply do not exist because you can always counter an "OP unit" by simply playing better. Hell, that is true for pretty much anyone, even top players. Now of course OP units need to get nerfed, but you cannot instantly say that one or another unit is OP, because it is impossible to say how the metagame will develop.

A clear example is how the metagame of OKW developed. Back in release of WFA, everyone thought OKW was horribly UP, completely useless. Then some nerfs to allied units (kv-8 and AA HT + m1919) happened. Everyone still thought that OKW was UP. Then volksgrenadier damage on the move + obersoldaten bonus againts retreatingunits got removed. Everyone thought OKW was even more UP. Then somewhere along the way, people figured out that what you need to do is spam out a ridiciluos amount of infantry and just overwhelm your allies opponent with ridiciluos human waves of infantry. And suddenly, everyone is complaining about OKW blobs being OP. And they obviously were. And so was born the OKW spam meta :snfPeter: which continues to this day :snfPeter:

Another fairly good example was soviets during last years march deployment patch. Back then, the small arms rework made grens LMG 42 and G43 ridiciluosly overpowered. Even vannila grens would easily beat vanilla conscripts, with the grenadiers standing in yellow and conscripts in green.
Maxims would literally got oneshotted by riflenades, and most soviet tanks were pretty bad as well. But Cataclaw (top player at that time) did figure out a strat as soviets. What he did was spam massive amounts of M3s since they were so cheap and get gaurds after that. Of course, the strat was very risky and you needed to micro way more than your opponent, but it worked.

Also, the reason why alot of people think OKW is now UP is because relic said that the ELO of OKW players was inflated. So what that means is they were winning againts people of higher skill level than them. So in time it should even out.
8 May 2015, 13:19 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 12:54 PMBurts

Also, the reason why alot of people think OKW is now UP is because relic said that the ELO of OKW players was inflated. So what that means is they were winning againts people of higher skill level than them. So in time it should even out.

This

most okw players are still facing players that are better than them cus thier rank with the faction is higher than it should be.

they need to lose many games before they face the players that are at their skill level.

in ttime the okw whine threads will decrease
8 May 2015, 13:23 PM

OKW is fine now except 2 things:

- general repair speed is too high
- they have too many features the original factions need commanders for
- (the Flak emplacement is still op)
- (panther frontal armor is too high imo)
- (blitz need to get deleted from the game)

Btw: The early game advantage of allies is a myth (in teamgames)

Players are not fine now, because the follwing things:

- dumb, don´t get the point of a 320 mp unit is repairing faster
- don´t know the game, not even the basics
- complain like retards about onsense
- too many features, one breath later complainig that okw has only folks
- don´t know to deal with axis armor just calling it OP
- in general maybe competent enough to deal with Normal AI, but saying how OP thing are
- annoy me all day
8 May 2015, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 12:54 PMBurts

PROTIP : Relic listens absolutely 0 to anything that is said is said on these forums. And if they do, they take very little insight from it. And thats good.

They have a private alpha made out of some high level players + some okay players and they rely on their own system that pulls stats out of a game that shows how certain faction, units perform at different matchups, times in the game and size of the game.

In the end, balance generally is just a perspective. Balance has never been a huge problem in coh 2 because there are alot of units and generally there is always something you can do to counter an OP unit. I'd honestly say that unless you are top 50 or whatever arbitrary number, balance issues simply do not exist because you can always counter an "OP unit" by simply playing better. Hell, that is true for pretty much anyone, even top players. Now of course OP units need to get nerfed, but you cannot instantly say that one or another unit is OP, because it is impossible to say how the metagame will develop.

A clear example is how the metagame of OKW developed. Back in release of WFA, everyone thought OKW was horribly UP, completely useless. Then some nerfs to allied units (kv-8 and AA HT + m1919) happened. Everyone still thought that OKW was UP. Then volksgrenadier damage on the move + obersoldaten bonus againts retreatingunits got removed. Everyone thought OKW was even more UP. Then somewhere along the way, people figured out that what you need to do is spam out a ridiciluos amount of infantry and just overwhelm your allies opponent with ridiciluos human waves of infantry. And suddenly, everyone is complaining about OKW blobs being OP. And they obviously were. And so was born the OKW spam meta :snfPeter: which continues to this day :snfPeter:

Another fairly good example was soviets during last years march deployment patch. Back then, the small arms rework made grens LMG 42 and G43 ridiciluosly overpowered. Even vannila grens would easily beat vanilla conscripts, with the grenadiers standing in yellow and conscripts in green.
Maxims would literally got oneshotted by riflenades, and most soviet tanks were pretty bad as well. But Cataclaw (top player at that time) did figure out a strat as soviets. What he did was spam massive amounts of M3s since they were so cheap and get gaurds after that. Of course, the strat was very risky and you needed to micro way more than your opponent, but it worked.

I never said that solutions cannot be found in any situation even if lack of balance. I could give you an example too, in early COh2 where Ostheer was so bad but using festung armor you could resist and win so I agree with you that tactics will adapt even in this situation. I just stated that the balance is off and you didn't convince me I'm wrong. That ELO argument is incorect. If I remember correctly, the patch adjusted the OKW players ELO already, did it not?
8 May 2015, 14:00 PM

I never said that solutions cannot be found in any situation even if lack of balance. I could give you an example too, in early COh2 where Ostheer was so bad but using festung armor you could resist and win so I agree with you that tactics will adapt even in this situation. I just stated that the balance is off and you didn't convince me I'm wrong. That ELO argument is incorect. If I remember correctly, the patch adjusted the OKW players ELO already, did it not?

Considering that relic themselves said that OKW ELO was inflated, i highly doubt it is wrong.
8 May 2015, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 14:00 PMBurts

Considering that relic themselves said that OKW ELO was inflated, i highly doubt it is wrong.

Well maybe in 1v1 okw doesn't seem so weak but in teamgames it looks hopeless. I think it will stay a 1v1 faction, that's my bet. Currently, Ostheer might be better for teamgames.
PAGES (14)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS