OKW Op.... really?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (14)down
8 May 2015, 02:23 AM

Permanently Banned
okw was bat-shit op last patch. let us never forget
8 May 2015, 02:30 AM

okw was bat-shit op last patch. let us never forget

Your downplaying the nerfs OKW got before last patch.
8 May 2015, 02:42 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I have rarely ever used the major retreat point in my experience or the OKW forward retreat because most of the time they turn into deathtraps which is quite sad when I can benefit from the screwed up pathing to my HQ in which any vehicles chasing my men would do three point turns before heading to destination which saves my men from getting more massacred. One thing about your USF Flak Truck usage is that it is suicidal. If you meet a decent player and you do that I can guarantee you that it will run over a mine for overextending and then proceeding to get donut killed by infantry. Donut killed as in the infantry run circles around your thing and throw nades until it dies. The ambulance does need a buff that is what I agree on though. The OKW medic HQ is vulnerable early game. OKW players usually overextend with them but its not best to rush all your men in first if you see it. You have about a minute to kill it with the infantry you have before it set ups so take 30 seconds to seek the best way to attack it. Attack it from cover or go in if and focus fire one of the units protecting the truck then fire on the truck whilst the OKW player is panicking whether that he will lose the unit that he orders to retreat or not. The walking stuka by-far is the easiest artillery unit to avoid. It shoots in a straight line so you don't have to worry about random RNG Scatter in which one of the rockets hits one of your squads and kills them off like a katyusha. The Stuka also makes one of the loudest firing noises in the game so you should also be able to predict and avoid it quickly. You can easily predict where the barrage will land just looking at where most of your units are and move them to the side so the stuka will miss.

someone needs to be introduced to the enter key,Kappa
8 May 2015, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 01:07 AMRocket
Please tell me how early game the allies have the benefit when the okw gets an almost immediate forward retreat point that USF does not get until they tech to major like wtf???

Aggressive map presence and stronger squads.

Obviously we have to run a mile back to base to refit, okw doesn't. We have to make a ambulance to heal them okw doesn't. Which is very relative a 5 man squad with only half squad hp might as well be a 2 man squad with full hp which happens all the time. As said before Allies early game is a myth. I mean shit you even have a mobile suppressing machine that strums can repair faster than we can destroy it with like 3 squads.

You're forgetting how the forward retreat point and the concentration of force contorts the effective map presence of an OKW player, which will also be endangered unless it's placed within the HQ which naturally doesn't exert any pressure on the map. Presuming it has been placed further forward the use requires being sound in micro, you're forced to break off engagements earlier since you can't snap retreat and you have to invest a squads worth of resources to negate that, further gimping your map presence. This is also presuming the OKW player hasn't gone mech reg, while being a superb hard counter to LT. openings, takes a little more work against Cpt's.

Point is you can overwhelm us easily just because you don't have to take near the time to get back to the contested point as well as I believe this promotes okw inf blobs early on and obviously 1 vet rifle squad cant beat two or more squads at once even in cover.

Overwhelm an army? Or overwhelm the map? If the later is the case, we have a contradiction.

also early/mid game you can pull shreks out of your infantrys back pocket to react to a situation like sat a USF flak truck. We have to go alllllll the way back to base as well as spend resources to unlock them and equip them which can only be done at our base. Oh and the shrek is almost 5 times better than the zook that you can equip on the field.

At a great cost, running two grim reaper tools puts the cost at 81, which is... not awesome, but necessary. Realistically you'll get 1 tops against an M20, maybe 2 and a raketen against an m15, which is very reasonable, if not a bit lackluster. The timing of equiping your army in advance comes with strategical foresight, thus i find the timing of upgrades a strange point.

Okw is best it has been right now as far as balance the only thing they need is a walking stukka nerf. In the last patch Relic took considerable time to even out the counterparts of allies and axis as well as take away lethality. Stukka not the case way better than the katusha. With simple guessing and on some maps there is nothing you can do to get squads wiped as retreats are highly predictable. Well then don't blob you say? Then how can my infantry fight okw blobs? They can't.

I'll agree that having a weaker OKW puts them in closer in line to the other factions and arguably at the best point in its life span, but in my opinion they're far from... forgiving, to play as a faction, and your unit argument, although i appreciate a light examining the larger context of unit composition during a game, seems to put your hypothetical USF player on the serious back foot.

8 May 2015, 02:46 AM

Permanently Banned

Your downplaying the nerfs OKW got before last patch.

they were op for 8 months, let then suffer for atleast that time

8 May 2015, 02:58 AM

they were op for 8 months, let then suffer for atleast that time

Come now Queen ratchet..let's not be ratchet. The amount of OP for the past months wasnt okw=auto win it was okw=harder fights.

I agree with what people have said so far.
8 May 2015, 03:03 AM

Permanently Banned

Come now Queen ratchet..let's not be ratchet. The amount of OP for the past months wasnt okw=auto win it was okw=harder fights.

I agree with what people have said so far.

pre-patch okw on karkov, minsk, and crossing was auto win

same logic could be applied to current patch, sov isn't op, they just are harder to fight
8 May 2015, 03:32 AM

What? A month had already passed?

Shit, why? It is just 2 weeks. :(
8 May 2015, 03:34 AM

someone needs to be introduced to the enter key,Kappa

lazyyy brah
8 May 2015, 06:05 AM

OKw is underperforming terribly. The KT melts even vs t35/85 and marked target. Is2 is crazy strong. AMERICAN infantry well... They are American infantry. But the big difference is between Okw vs soviets

Speaking from a 1v1 and 2v2 perspective. Not concerned about bigger games

Well, sadly, that's true. And it is sad, not because I like the faction, but because currently balance is quite off. I have to "proudly" declare that I won no game lately with OKW in 2v2s while playing with random mates or with 2 different friends on AT no matter what we did and what approach we used, no matter if we faced double soviets, double USF or soviet+usf. That is becoming a concern, again, not because it's okw (if I like just winning, I could switch factions, did that and things were ok), but because balance.

There are some issues that I observed:

1. No building will resist anymore on the field, you have to build everything in base. I mean everything. Meh. That is mainly because the offensive power of OKW was nearly halved, which allows your opponents to take the initiative and storm you hard, push you untill you lose your hq trucks. This was more difficult in the past because OKW had a more powerfull offensive capacity. OKW is recently supposed to fight while being constantly cornered. That will only ensure defeat in most cases.
2. There are a few doctrines, among which I will quote Tank hunters (soviets) and Armor Company(USF) that prove nearly unbeatable against okw. Just one example: did you see how easy is for AT air strike from tank hunters to just wipe your deployed truck? Much to easy. A simple receipt: put an su 85 facing the deployed truck from a far distance. Concentrate vision on that direction so you can see the truck. Call the plane. Truck is bye bye, nothing can stop the plane. Armor doctrine: having some buldozers on the field will make okw infantry simply disappear. Of course, you will still be able to use vehicles. Um... what vehicles? :)
3. I strongly believe that there were lots of ninja changes in the last patch because if the changes are just the ones stated, than the game should be verry close to balance right now, which is not. Unfortunately I don't have that amount of time to look for them myself. I prefere to use my own (few) free time playing, but it's obvious there were alot more changes than stated.

Tbh I didn't properly test ostheer yet but I kinda feel that you have better chance of survival with it. Which is another concern, because OKW it's supposed to hold better and have more firepower.

As a conclusion, OKW looks now like a politician promise: nice and shiny, apparently powerful. When played, it disappoints. Something it's not right about it. L2P or no L2P issue, I see there are more people who think the way I do.
8 May 2015, 06:33 AM
Patrion 14

Okay let's stop this go to reason for all the buff X discussions. I'll cover team games here since only the l2p and insane claim OKW is OP in 1v1. First lets look at the meta. Allied can overwhelm and subdue Axis in early and mid game. Axis mistakes at this stage can be capitalized on by an organized team and crush them. Now Axis reaches late game, it begins a snowball effect the longer the late goes on. (though Allied can under right conditions snowball early-mid game leads into late game wins by strangling axis) Allied will be punished much more for mistakes leading up to late game than AXis mistakes on the course of mid game. Now someone tell me what is the list of reasons OKW is OP? Then lets us discuss if it truly is unbeatable and way over performing like most threads claim.

I know some of you are tired of the meta. AXIS Late game crush hur hur..Allied overwhelm early hur hur. Keep in mind for that to change to be 50/50 requires some nerfs and buffs on all sides, tech tree changes, call-in changes, and redesigns taking away faction flavor a bit.

i have proof that OKW is OP http://www.coh2.org/replay/34383/epic-match-vs-tbags one KT can win the battle

or jsut my shitty micro
8 May 2015, 06:55 AM

Permanently Banned

l2p issues

easiest way to separate the players that need to learn how to play from the ones that can play. See how prepare and react to sov call-in spammers.

It is so easy to punish a sov player that waits for call-ins. If u cant find out how, I suggest u get better at the game before claiming that faction X is op.

A faction is only OP when u don't know to play around their weaknesses and ur faction's strengths.

P.S, vet 5 jp4 with its first strike shot will bring an IS2 down to 50% in one hit
8 May 2015, 06:57 AM

l2p issues

easiest way to separate the players that need to learn how to play from the ones that can play. See how prepare and react to sov call-in spammers.

It is so easy to punish a sov player that waits for call-ins. If u cant find out how, I suggest u get better at the game before claiming that faction X is op.

A faction is only OP when u don't know to play around their weaknesses and ur faction's strengths.

I see you didn't even read what I wrote. Well, not surprised, tbh.
8 May 2015, 06:58 AM

Relic should only balance for 1v1.
8 May 2015, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 06:58 AMwuff
Relic should only balance for 1v1.

balance for one of the least played game modes? nah
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W