Login

russian armor

OKW Op.... really?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (14)down
8 May 2015, 14:13 PM

Permanently Banned

Well maybe in 1v1 okw doesn't seem so weak but in teamgames it looks hopeless. I think it will stay a 1v1 faction, that's my bet. Currently, Ostheer might be better for teamgames.

OKW is weakest in 1's
8 May 2015, 14:41 PM

You know, the Brits were rather weak in CoH1 for 1v1s. There were a few very viable and obvious strategies to shut them down. If a Wehrmacht player really wanted to they could take the necessary steps and prevent the Brits from ever gaining any sort of advantage, they could. (For instance, elite armor made British infantry blind. Piospam v Brits especially before the final patch was nonsense.)

It was in 2v2s where Brits had an ally and their super resource income stacked that they got truly out of hand. Especially with how well Brits with Americans (and PE with Wehrmacht) synergized. Like WFA, the Opposing Fronts armies were designed around lacking core/support units, like snipers, mortars, flamethrowers, and HMGs. When these factions were teamed up with a vanilla faction, their shortcomings almost completely disappeared. (Like how OKW benefits from Ostheer OPs and MG42 support, or how Americans benefitted from territory lockdown and resource bonuses from the British trucks.)

OKW is only designed to play against USF in the same way that Brits were only designed to play against PE. US v PE was kinda gimmicky but as long as people played by a few house rules, (PE could literally do nothing to eliminate snipers effectively.) it could be a good and fun match.

USF v Ostheer is very similar in CoH2: If the Americans don't obviously just overwhelm the Ostheer early on, and if the Ostheer doesn't obviously slam down its heavy tank advantage late game, there can be a good, fun, midgame.

OKW is just the Nazi Brits and they bring with them all the pitfalls of CoH1.
8 May 2015, 14:58 PM

Players are not fine now, because the follwing things:

- dumb, don´t get the point of a 320 mp unit is repairing faster
Do you realise that OKW starts with 150 mp worth of repair more than other factions? And that OKW has a nondoctrinal repair station? And that repair units don't use up extra popcap because they are also viable fighting units? And that putting up buildings does not need their contribution for some minutes?
- don´t know the game, not even the basics
- complain like retards about onsense
- too many features, one breath later complainig that okw has only folks

- don´t know to deal with axis armor just calling it OP
- in general maybe competent enough to deal with Normal AI, but saying how OP thing are
You might take a look at my playercard befor calling me incopempetent to deal with AI lol
- annoy me all day
8 May 2015, 15:14 PM

>0 games as OKW

Might not want to be linking people to your playercard m8
8 May 2015, 15:23 PM

Spearhead tell them bro

8 May 2015, 15:30 PM

Permanently Banned

good ranks with sov in 4v4

MUCH RESPECT :snfBarton:
8 May 2015, 15:46 PM

OKW was stripped of any advantage they had. Now, they play with a resource handicap while enemies get better units without handicap. Terribly designed faction, and destroyed by the last patch.
8 May 2015, 15:47 PM

Players are not fine now, because the follwing things:

- dumb, don´t get the point of a 320 mp unit is repairing faster
At first I was like - okay they got damage and no penalty for rugh terrain, but now 320 is only for faster repair.
- don´t know the game, not even the basics
What the story Mark?
- complain like retards about onsense
Huh?
- too many features, one breath later complainig that okw has only folks
OKW got everything for free
- grenades - check
- medics - check
- repair - check
But this is not OP - they just harder to fight

- don´t know to deal with axis armor just calling it OP
Okay master. Tell me how to deal with combo of JP4, LE18 and obers?
- in general maybe competent enough to deal with Normal AI, but saying how OP thing are
In general, we want tools to deal with OKW, not to nerf or buff. Just tools. But no.
- annoy me all day
Get your pills today, sweety.
8 May 2015, 16:02 PM

I just don't like the core infantry dependence of both the WFAs. OKW and USF are boring imo.
The biggest problem i have with OKW is that 66% of their units require a fair bit of fuel but they have the least of it. USFs have a similar problem but without the fuel nerf. Compare this to ostheer or soviets who can easily play the whole game waiting for call-ins...
8 May 2015, 17:11 PM

If you think Soviets lack tools to deal with OKW you haven't been paying attention.
8 May 2015, 17:48 PM

Permanently Banned
If you think Soviets lack tools to deal with OKW you haven't been paying attention.

u must be the wrong thread, literally no one has said sov lacks tools against OKW
8 May 2015, 18:20 PM

u must be the wrong thread, literally no one has said sov lacks tools against OKW

In general, we want tools to deal with OKW, not to nerf or buff. Just tools. But no.
8 May 2015, 18:20 PM

You're forgetting how the forward retreat point and the concentration of force contorts the effective map presence of an OKW player, which will also be endangered unless it's placed within the HQ which naturally doesn't exert any pressure on the map. Presuming it has been placed further forward the use requires being sound in micro, you're forced to break off engagements earlier since you can't snap retreat and you have to invest a squads worth of resources to negate that, further gimping your map presence. This is also presuming the OKW player hasn't gone mech reg, while being a superb hard counter to LT. openings, takes a little more work against Cpt's.

On many maps IMO there are very key points that lead to control to the several other key points and some the majority of the map. Having that concentration of force to take over these key points can win the early game in my opinion. if we lose trying to contest one of these key points early game and you have time to set up defenses it takes the USF too long to get the support weapons we need to push you out of these key points. yes we could settle for other areas but like I said it will probably end up in defeat. I agree our starting infantry are better but okw can go mg34 or kubel rendering our better infantry useless when they are pinned. Especially the maps where they put two victory points and fuel close together lets say an area highly contested if we lose the first fight there and okw have time to set up we are probably done for unless we can buy time to get arty etc. I am not saying they are much better I feel a good USF player can win that first fight there are things we can do smoke garrison etc to win that but I feel right now things are pretty even compared to before.

However your not going to agree that the forward hq truck which is really hard to destroy early to mid game does not allow okw to have a better map presence from simply getting to points faster and to defend points faster? I notice this all the time. It takes USF a much longer time to get our major and a med truck up and going to do this equally but it is highly susceptible to the walking stukka or anything really unlike the hq truck even if I force you to retreat off it I would have taken loses and if its already set up what are riflemen going to do to it? You can simply take it back once you've refreshed your squad. Plus you can just reinforce defending it why i'm attacking it your going to win that fight. Even if you conservatively put the truck a point ahead of your base its going to help get your infantry back on the front line faster and key points. I guess a captain could take it out but that is going to take time and I doubt you could get him close enough with a force to do that
8 May 2015, 18:57 PM

Too many anime, but still manage to saw Soviets everythere.
8 May 2015, 19:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

160*1.5=240

1080/2=540

540=/=240

150% extra damage

JIV vet 5 using cammo deals 400damage with almost 100% guaranteed accuracy and penetration. Only bounces against an IS2 at max range 9.3% of the times.

400 of 1080 is roughly 35%. So yeah, not half HP but decent. Anyway, keep fighting each other.
8 May 2015, 19:45 PM

Obers last patch where fine until they reached critical mass where they started wiping squads in seconds . By reducing the power of the obers relic did a fine thing allowing allied players to react. But reducing the cost efficiency was an idiotic move. Obers need to cost 300 mp. why?

Because the okw really needs decent AI when they arrive as volks are completely incapable with dealing with soviet elite or upgrades rifles and struggle against base allied squads.

the okw still has a that ammo and fuel penalty. okw their fore need to be better then allied counterparts.

This is the only infantry aquired through teching
8 May 2015, 20:10 PM

OKW needed the Ober nerf = Check
OKW needed the shrek nerf = Check
IG needed the buff = check
KT needed the iWin button nerf = check.

Now OKW can be somewhat competitive and not bat shit OP. OKW was abomination in team games, no wonder all the n00bs picked this army. Now the ELO has been adjusted just for this. LOL
8 May 2015, 20:17 PM

OKW needed the Ober nerf = Check
OKW needed the shrek nerf = Check
IG needed the buff = check
KT needed the iWin button nerf = check.

Now OKW can be somewhat competitive and not bat shit OP. OKW was abomination in team games, no wonder all the n00bs picked this army. Now the ELO has been adjusted just for this. LOL

All that is missing is Walking Stukka wipe all your infantry at once nerfed check box checked.

They tried solving the issue before by buffing the katusha then everyone freaked out when all that was needed is put the stukka on par with the katusha but usual relic backwards thinking although this finally seems to be changing.

And the raketenwerfer got a buff too I think which they did need.
8 May 2015, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2015, 20:17 PMRocket

All that is missing is Walking Stukka wipe all your infantry at once nerfed check box checked.

I want the look of your face in the next patch.
8 May 2015, 20:43 PM

150% extra damage

JIV vet 5 using cammo deals 400damage with almost 100% guaranteed accuracy and penetration. Only bounces against an IS2 at max range 9.3% of the times.

400 of 1080 is roughly 35%. So yeah, not half HP but decent. Anyway, keep fighting each other.

Don't do math to early in the morning kids :blush:

Regardless, I don't think the Vet 5 JPIV is much a problem.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 13
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak