Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
31 Mar 2015, 13:03 PM

The Obers didnt recieve a massive nerf, we have not seen them yet but they should remain fine if people buy the lmgs on them (which still fire on the move, and obers still dodge bullets). Their price might get adjusted in the next patch but they are long ranged super infantry whom can sit back and out dps almost anything.
\

Dude a quick look on the dps charts and you will see that volks are better infantry if the mp cost remain the same. dont even get me started when you compare them to fsj's or fusiliers. mp need to be dropped to 280-300 or i will never touch this infantry again.

31 Mar 2015, 13:07 PM

Stop being a scrub and l2p allied players has to fight tigers and Panthers with t34,mine,zis combo sine release which is weaker than the German counter part. Your whining is obnoxious

Scrub, learn to play? Haha dude, how old are you exactly, 15? Some manners would not hurt you, or are you looking to become Katitof the second? Have you actually played OH in this patch? I play all factions, 1s and 2s, and yes, "Allied" players fighting Tigers and Panthers with stock units have supremely hard time - which is why the call in meta exists - quelle surprise.

Cat
31 Mar 2015, 13:08 PM

RIP OKW. This was an amusing update. Well, time to learn how to play Soviets!
31 Mar 2015, 13:08 PM

Tiger is joke vs is-2,and pak shreck have trouble penetrating it.Teller is luck.
Is-2 player will have to be pretty piss to let u bring all that support while he brings none of his.
As for 2-3 pz4s,not a single one of them will penetrate is-2.U can have 5-6 pz 4s,it won't matter.

If he goes IS-2, which you should know, prepare by getting heavy AT and punishing his unsupported push. Since he is locked into a doc why a single heavy you should have all the tools you need to beat him. IS-2 is a good tank and deserves to be dangerous.

Almost feels like when you play Allies and a KT rolls into your lines. Except you can get vet 5, and a good vet 1 ability to get out of there, and you used to have better armor (now equal), and you shoot faster, and you have have better effect on inf, and you have better repair options. So you know, better.

As for the patch, if this was introduced 5 months ago that would have been very impressive, as it stands this is really the minimum I expected after a half year of work.

Serious bugs not be addressed (nades of all kinds not working, MG in building issues, building splats in FOW) still not addressed is really poor form.
31 Mar 2015, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 06:34 AMAladdin
Ok this is my opinion

I don't know why some people are way too excited :)
Balance
OKW:
Volks removed vet5 acc. added cooldown and relaod, and Shreck's far acc 0.25 to 0.2 that doesn't change anything much really
Ober 60 ammo for lmg upgrade. that's really not much to be excited about, considering obers usually arrive around 9-10 mins in the game and a good player doesn't make more than two ober squads. so by min 9-10 you don't even need to try to be able to keep more than 120 ammo in the bank (they said it gives the opponent sometime to respond, but not really at all, they can upgrade right away). reduced damage, probably fair enough, but still not a big deal.
Rocketen reduced aiming shot time, this was a much needed change and it's gonna make USF's early m20/AA truck or Soviet's early m3/t70's life harder.
ISG, that was already a very good unit specially against rifle blobs, and this makes it probably more effective
KT, the thing is that I think the fate of the game should be decided somehow by the time KT hits the field and it should be deployed to counter the allies heavies. I would like to test it first before commenting more of this change maybe! ;) but I never rely much on KT, it's probably not my most fav unit in the game! ;)

USF:
M10, that probably was much needed as it previously had a quite bad health, but still this and the new jackson need testing for further comment
Jackson, we should see how this change is gonna affect the game, hopefully we won't hear more whines about this unit anymore :)
BUT! a lot of people are commenting on this change and jackson's performance against panther. That is however not right, because panther is not the unit you should use to counter Jackson (or for ex. SU85). Jackson is a decent long range tank destroyer, and even though panther is a good medium tank but it is not supposed to counter jackson. It is simple; it has 10 lower range than jackson, and it's a lot more expensive (so that you better not risking it for trading it with a jackson) Jackson can be counter with other proper weapons (OKW for instance has)
Just FYI jackson stands no chance against the JP. Panther is the best to use against all USF vehicles EXCEPT JACKSON. jackson is not much of a thread if you look at it this way.
The problem is that many people have a set mind and build order that they think the most get a panther out as fast as they can, which is wrong. look at the game and see what you need.
M8 canister shot
That is a very fair change, as you could see many people abused that ability, it was not really fair game, good they fixed it (well hopefully ;P should see how it works now)
USF Mortar Halftrack
this poor thing, I think fits in the same category with Su76 and Stug which they always needed some love ;)
Pak Howitzer
Same as the ISG
HMC
Similar to M8 :) but again should test it and see if it much differ now :) but it was too nasty before lol. was too funny to see Capt.Price had a blob of them in a game!! ;P

Soviet
Sinper, hopefully with this chance we see less sniper abuse lol :) shoot and running away like a panther is no more! ;) Sib is probably not happy with this change! ;)
B4, the mighty B4!
I think it they really nerfed it (prefer to test it and see its performance before judging) then this is the biggest change of this patch! The precision strike was too much and good to see they removed it. B4 definitely needed a nerf, and hopefully this change has made the game more balanced.
PTRS, hopefully it changes them to something better than their terrible performance they had! even though they were extremely potent, kappa! ;P
120 mm mortar, "it's a great unit" they said! ;) thanks for reminding that. but really hopefully we see less abuse of its opness after this change :)

Wehr,
Well, they probably had some reason not to want to make much changes to this faction yet, even though it is unquestionable that this faction is the weakest faction in the game. Personally, I enjoy playing with this faction because of how challenging it is with the under performance of its design in many aspects. But if you take it to a more competitive level, IT IS REALLY UNFAIR.
The changes specially for the sniper, 222, and mg42 sound good but it DEFINITELY needed more than this or a different change possibly in the teching system, or making a reliable tank destroyer in T3 to fix many issues related this faction to make it more competitive with other factions.

I don't think the changes to axis in this patch were too devastating at all, as many stated. I actually think, they nerfed some big allies abuse tools. Still needs to be tested before more comments.

and before I forget, too glad to see they removed Faceoff at Rostov, Hurtgen Forest, Semoskiy :)
I have always vetoed them (Semos. and Forest only vetoed when I played axis but loved them playing as allies :) ) since they def. were not balanced. Rostov was way too south side fav. and Semos. and Hurt forest were allies fav. (hurt. forest was indeed more like 2 1v1s instead of a proper balanced 2v2 map)

And at the end of the day, we all need to adapt :)

Well said, yes allies should have an easier time, (around 3-5% easier).
But, it's the player's skill that make the major difference in this game...
Random 4vs4 automatch won't be really change.

The game need more different units and less redundant cmdrs to really be more entertaining.

Plane crash kill need to be removed from the game, if it's to be taken more seriously and become an e-sports.
31 Mar 2015, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 13:03 PMJaigen

Dude a quick look on the dps charts and you will see that volks are better infantry if the mp cost remain the same. dont even get me started when you compare them to fsj's or fusiliers. mp need to be dropped to 280-300 or i will never touch this infantry again.

Then I suppose another ober spammer is down.

That is, if you play the game at all.
31 Mar 2015, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 13:08 PMCat
RIP OKW. This was an amusing update. Well, time to learn how to play Soviets!

You mean you won't be able to abuse blobs anymore. Seriously OKW still potent, you just need to decide what unit you need to buy.

All this talk about nerfs to Obers, everyone is aware they still have amazing DPS and received accuracy? And they can still get to vet 5? And they get the bet LMG as an upgrade? And they are stock? And they have lots of abilities?

I mean seriously, these units are very good, but you need to decide how to use them now instead of just building them and a moving. HMG's may actually have a roll against them, at least until the LMG upgrade.
31 Mar 2015, 13:13 PM

I'm trying to understand how the suppression with the infantry support gun is going to work. This change seems a bit....massive?
31 Mar 2015, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 13:13 PMNapalm
I'm trying to understand how the suppression with the infantry support gun is going to work. This change seems a bit....massive?

If it hits a squad, it gets suppressed. Works well in conjunction with infantry in order to reduce their suppression recovery. It works well vs blob, rather RNG dependent vs single squads.
meh
31 Mar 2015, 13:16 PM

The game has too many things going on now to even balance properly. I could have a full blown conversation/debate on the various types of mines and their level of imbalance and how USF can't even lay mines outside of some Light Anti Infantry Mine that is doctrine based. All the way to OKW Fortifications Wire being OP.

I can't even believe I just said that, Wire OP? WTF?
31 Mar 2015, 13:24 PM

I'll switch to the winning side. Go USF! :)

Why the hell is the KT going to have almost double the cost of an IS2 while having the exact same armor as it.

And what's with the lack of changes to Ostheer? USF are going to be even better versus them now.

I know. And most games OKW can only really afford one tank.
31 Mar 2015, 13:33 PM

What does any of this have to do with the changes in this patch, though? The Jacksons only performs moderately better against the Panther (62.5% chance to penetrate each shot versus 50% chance to penetrate previously) and Tiger in terms of penetration (66% instead of 53%), while moderately worse against the T3 set-piece unit, the Panzer IV (33% more shots to kill).

Not only this, but the Tiger itself has such high HP (1040) that the OLD Jackson took 5 penetrating hits to kill them (1040 / 240 = 4.33), while the NEW Jackson takes 6 penetrating hits to destroy it (1040 / 200 = 5.2). So, that's not even a net benefit against the Tiger, arguably it's worse for the Jackson. Someone should crunch the numbers to see precisely how much worse it is.

PzIV - Clearly worse
Panther - Clearly better
Tiger - Ambiguously worse

Is this really some buff that's going to ruin Ostheer? Does anybody even use the Panther in OH 1v1s? Doesn't everybody stall for Heavies or go T3+Tiger Ace? Or maybe even LW doctrine?

Go read crp.shepherd s thread and look at his Jackson change analysis
31 Mar 2015, 13:43 PM

I am really glad USF Mortar HT got some love. Infantry company commander will really shine in the meta against campy OKW/Wher play style.
31 Mar 2015, 13:59 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Personal attack in post #348 invised

Back to topic

31 Mar 2015, 14:01 PM

Mostly smart changes, but after all this time I expected more, it's still a 8/10 patch, but it's something cruzz could have done in an afternoon and not 3 months.
31 Mar 2015, 14:05 PM

TIME TO KICK SOME OKW ASS BABY!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE STUPID OBERS !!!!!!!NO MORE OP STUPID PANTHER !!!!!!!!!

KT HIDE NOT SO THICK ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ITS TIME USF PLAYERS. ITS TIME!!!!!! UNLEASH ALL THAT FRUSTRATION!!!!!!REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CHANT WITH ME !!! USA USA USA USA !!!!!!

31 Mar 2015, 14:09 PM

also with AP rounds JAckson seems quite frightening now, Panthers will have to think twice now when trying to savage the USF lines as they will be facing a higher penetration tank destroyer and will not be able to rely on the crutch of the blitz ability as much.

then again the JAckson is meant to counter tiger

Jackson counters all armor and Panthers had to think twice before. Panthers are weak against infantry, expensive, and owned by Jacksons. I don't think it will be a great tactic to build armor as axis. Better to go airforce commander and have lots of ammo for LMGs, bombs and go full infantry/support weapons warfare. Maybe get a Tiger to help defend an entrenched position. It will be important to capitalize on stronger MG42s as ostheer player.
31 Mar 2015, 14:22 PM

What i can mostly read from this is that Axis now has to use more combined arms to deal with Tanks just like Allies had to since the beginning of time.

Axis don't use combined arms because everything is absurdly expensive and/or under-performing.
31 Mar 2015, 14:23 PM

Jackson counters all armor and Panthers had to think twice before. Panthers are weak against infantry, expensive, and owned by Jacksons. I don't think it will be a great tactic to build armor as axis. Better to go airforce commander and have lots of ammo for LMGs, bombs and go full infantry/support weapons warfare. Maybe get a Tiger to help defend an entrenched position. It will be important to capitalize on stronger MG42s as ostheer player.

you write this as if having choices of play style is a bad thing.
31 Mar 2015, 14:28 PM

Very sad to see such a patch.
Make no mistake guys, this patch has been the first one since a very long time (more than 4 months?)

A lot of good people left and are now looking back on the forum, but will be leaving as fast as they came.
Call-ins? Shreks on obers? e-sport? Just in general 1000 things that touch the game's core is not changed.

Congratz to those who keep up thinking this game is going anywhere.
Face the facts yo'.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight