Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
31 Mar 2015, 16:19 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2015, 23:44 PMNeo

Jacksons got a straight up buff and since there is no change to call-in meta, you'd be insane to tech as Ost. No change there.

I build t3 always :p
31 Mar 2015, 16:22 PM

So any experiences on the new German Sniper? I want to give Soviets a taste of their own medicine. :clap:
31 Mar 2015, 16:28 PM

good patch, everything mentioned is true and made a stale meta...before.
But I am missing the soviet fhq nerf, thats all :)
31 Mar 2015, 16:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The objective is to have balance between all of the factions and the point of one being OP shows that the patch isn't as good as it could be.

The only factions directly preventing balance is Soviets and OKW.

Ostheer is in a bad spot because of other things like teching, and certain units T4 units being meh,although Jackson nerf helps T3 viability.

and USF takes advantage of that but gets destroyed by OKW, Ober nerf with Jackson buff helps that matchup.

soviets own all factions and if there could be mirrors they'd own USF too,as long as they go shock rifle or guard motor each game which is a separate issue.

If anything there's only one weak faction now and that's ostheer

Despite my chanting I'm only stating that USF is now truly a power faction, not the New OKW.
31 Mar 2015, 16:38 PM

Alexzandvar raises alot of fair points.

No he doesn't. He rarely contributes to the conversation. Often he misstates stats. I will point you no further than this thread where he mistakenly referred to a number of Ober stats.

His complaint about the KT ignores a number of advantages it has: non-doc, faster reload, more accurate, shooting at weaker tanks, vet 5 potential, vet 1 ability which is good, vet 3 ability which is good, fast to repair. So if you ignore all that then the cost is the same as the IS-2 and it is a huge nerf. If you instead actually look at the unit you see Americans had no way to deal with this beast and it was a terror. Now they can actually do some damage to it, and it can still be punishing.

Please don't feed the troll.
31 Mar 2015, 16:38 PM

The only factions directly preventing balance is Soviets and OKW.

Ostheer is in a bad spot because of other things like teching, and certain units T4 units being meh,although Jackson nerf helps T3 viability.

and USF takes advantage of that but gets destroyed by OKW, Ober nerf with Jackson buff helps that matchup.

soviets own all factions and if there could be mirrors they'd own USF too,as long as they go shock rifle or guard motor each game which is a separate issue.

If anything there's only one weak faction now and that's ostheer

Despite my chanting I'm only stating that USF is now truly a power faction, not the New OKW.

Try countering snipers as USF. ^^

OKW gonna get rekt. Mother Russia rulez.

Ost deserves much more attention as it is the only faction which based on combined arms, therfore demands more skill than the other factions.
Neo
31 Mar 2015, 16:41 PM

Alexzandvar raises alot of fair points.

This must be sarcasm, surely.
31 Mar 2015, 16:45 PM
Donator 33

Only concern is what 1v1 players are going to do. Quentin revealed that OKW is the worst faction and as we all know he is probably the best, if not easily top3 player. And okw just got hit pretty hard across core infantry.

Aside from that they all look like positive, long-overdue changes for team games.
Neo
31 Mar 2015, 16:48 PM

Let's face it. You're a USF fanboy. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself but stop trying to seem objective.

Under the guise of nerfing blobs, Lelic just nerfed OKW instead, leaving the second most popular blob (rifles with bars or that defensive stance BS/ paras) completely untouched.

Before we had USF dominate early and suck late vs. OKW. Now OKW got nerfed across the board and USF got a massive buff to late game.

This isn't going to create balance in the same way that giving Alex a keyboard doesn't create... well, anything useful.
31 Mar 2015, 16:50 PM

No he doesn't. He rarely contributes to the conversation. Often he misstates stats. I will point you no further than this thread where he mistakenly referred to a number of Ober stats.

His complaint about the KT ignores a number of advantages it has: non-doc, faster reload, more accurate, shooting at weaker tanks, vet 5 potential, vet 1 ability which is good, vet 3 ability which is good, fast to repair. So if you ignore all that then the cost is the same as the IS-2 and it is a huge nerf. If you instead actually look at the unit you see Americans had no way to deal with this beast and it was a terror. Now they can actually do some damage to it, and it can still be punishing.

Please don't feed the troll.

Except they nerfed the Vet 1 ability (deservingly so), it costs more making it's non-doctrine status a negative rather than a positive especially in such a resource reduced faction, it's fast to repair because Sturms have faster repair because they cost more, not because the KT is magic and gets repaired faster.

The reason why it's better than the 230 fuel heavies, is because it costs more than the all the 230 fuel heavies and is tied to teching making it impossible to skip teching to get which is generally accepted as the best way heavies could be balanced as you would need to force players to utilize other units instead of just waiting for heavies.

the problem with the KT's armor nerf is that the the Jackson's biggest problem was that It couldn't pen the KT, so it's one or the other. Nerfing the KT's armor and buffing the Jackson seems silly because your laying it on to hard to try and fix one issue.

No it doesn't, all you need is 1 AT gun or 1 Captain and the PIV is still useless thanks to the Jackson, 3 hits leave it with only 80 health. So if it get snared, or hit by any other AT it's dead.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 16:41 PMNeo

This must be sarcasm, surely.

Safe assumption, but remember, the OKW fanbis uprising is about to happen.
aaa

I would like they enable DSK to damage small tanks. Or make it possible to have guards and DSK at the same time.
Cuz I dont like any T2 units.
31 Mar 2015, 16:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 16:48 PMNeo

Let's face it. You're a USF fanboy. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself but stop trying to seem objective.

Under the guise of nerfing blobs, Lelic just nerfed OKW instead, leaving the second most popular blob (rifles with bars or that defensive stance BS/ paras) completely untouched.

Before we had USF dominate early and suck late vs. OKW. Now OKW got nerfed across the board and USF got a massive buff to late game.

This isn't going to create balance in the same way that giving Alex a keyboard doesn't create... well, anything useful.

How about you make a passing attempt to discuss instead of shitposting about me?
31 Mar 2015, 16:57 PM

@Alex

Seriously this again? I am only going to answer you once because I am not going down this rabbit hole again.

If you can play a full game without teching until IS-2 hats off to you. I have not managed to not field a tank for 15 minutes as Soviet against OKW since I will get destroyed by their infantry.

Sturms repair quickly, but you also get a free repair point with super fast repairs as a perk not a cost! That is a difference in factions, and whether you acknowledge it or not, it makes the units function differently.

So you are concerned about KT vs Jackson, but you seem really upset about the IS-2 KT match up, which is it, you don't get both. If you see an American player you don't have to get a KT, in fact you probably shouldn't. Maybe, gonna sound crazy, you should change your build order to defeat your opponent instead of relying on one super tank to destroy whole armies.

Please don't respond to this, I will not respond to yours.
31 Mar 2015, 17:05 PM
Donator 11

How about you make a passing attempt to discuss instead of shitposting about me?

We arent shitposting about you, just make sure your facts are right bro
31 Mar 2015, 17:07 PM

@Alex

Seriously this again? I am only going to answer you once because I am not going down this rabbit hole again.

If you can play a full game without teching until IS-2 hats off to you. I have not managed to not field a tank for 15 minutes as Soviet against OKW since I will get destroyed by their infantry.

Sturms repair quickly, but you also get a free repair point with super fast repairs as a perk not a cost! That is a difference in factions, and whether you acknowledge it or not, it makes the units function differently.

So you are concerned about KT vs Jackson, but you seem really upset about the IS-2 KT match up, which is it, you don't get both. If you see an American player you don't have to get a KT, in fact you probably shouldn't. Maybe, gonna sound crazy, you should change your build order to defeat your opponent instead of relying on one super tank to destroy whole armies.

Please don't respond to this, I will not respond to yours.

The repair point pioneers are not Sturm pioneers in repair rate. Sturms DO repair faster because you can't make bunches of them to repair like the other factions can. And your first tech building as Soviets is free thanks to starting resources so going T2 and T1 or just T2 + Cons and call in infantry really isn't hard to do for IS2's.

Shocks, maxims, and what not + con spam can cause OKW huge issues due to OKW's lack of support weapons. Really isn't that hard to kill their trucks either.

I'm not concerned about the KT versus the Jackson, I'm concerned about why it needed a armor reduction to bring it down to the IS2's level when the only Axis TD's that can do over 200 damage to tanks with that high a penetration chance are Super Heavy ones.

The IS2 versus KT match up was already easy enough for Soviets (Not unbalanced mind you), the KT isn't some magical beast tank. It's very slow compared to the IS2.

And glad to see you refusing to discuss things because ~reasons~.
31 Mar 2015, 17:16 PM

Rejoice! The allied fanboy appeasement patch has arrived. In other news, Soviets still dominating 1v1 and ostheer is now a smidge less useless!
31 Mar 2015, 17:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 16:48 PMNeo

I already said they're my favorite, for good reason,but I'm not the kind to only be PRO allied when it comes to balance..and openly defend broken allied stuff. USF is only imbalanced against Ostheer and I have admitted that and I want change. In that matchup..
but OKW has this coming,simple as that.USF has always been OKWs bitch, ( dominate in early game is a lie, what are you talking about the first 3 mins?)..and now the field is even.

Ostheer will have their time to shine hopefully as well. I can't wait for that. I've said that many times.

A USF blob is pure AI and costs a fuckton while OKW blobs were cheap and omnipotent, and walked all over USF too often(sorta like USF blobs walk over OST at times..again I'm admitting that,maybe mg42 buff will help?))...and came with forward fortresses and retreats that locked down huge parts of the map.

USF and OKW blobs aren't even on the same level of viability...never have been and still aren't.

Calm down and actually play the patch before jumping to these OKW HELPLESS conclusions.
31 Mar 2015, 17:19 PM
Donator 11

The repair point pioneers are not Sturm pioneers in repair rate. Sturms DO repair faster because you can't make bunches of them to repair like the other factions can. And your first tech building as Soviets is free thanks to starting resources so going T2 and T1 or just T2 + Cons and call in infantry really isn't hard to do for IS2's.

Shocks, maxims, and what not + con spam can cause OKW huge issues due to OKW's lack of support weapons. Really isn't that hard to kill their trucks either.

I'm not concerned about the KT versus the Jackson, I'm concerned about why it needed a armor reduction to bring it down to the IS2's level when the only Axis TD's that can do over 200 damage to tanks with that high a penetration chance are Super Heavy ones.

The IS2 versus KT match up was already easy enough for Soviets (Not unbalanced mind you), the KT isn't some magical beast tank. It's very slow compared to the IS2.

And glad to see you refusing to discuss things because ~reasons~.

It took 2 IS-2 to kill 1 KT AT BESTTT. If you flanked it, shocked it over and over again, The KT is still a really strong tank. Remember the reduced the damage of the jackson and up its pen which makes the game more fair as the tank wont bounce Jackson rounds to the rear 60% of the time. The is2 is not that great of a tank, its really bad at hitting infantry and really weak if you can get a pak on its flank. It doesn't get blitz and it can get killed by a panther due to its low pen and speed. play more allies and you will see its not always as easy as it seems.
meh
31 Mar 2015, 17:26 PM

I wish Relic would have just given some ABSURD patch notes and then say April Fools, that would have made the conversation must more interesting today.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS