Login

russian armor

Patch March 31st changelog

PAGES (29)down
31 Mar 2015, 11:17 AM

Nothing really changed for the okw . obers better get some mp reduction otherwise their is no point in getting them. for the record fsj will completely blow these guys way now if things will stand like this. meta will likely devolve to fsj spam against usf or fusiliers + JT against is2

The buffs to the support weapons however are tasty . the near complete removal of the fire aim time makes puchpen very good on the offensive. have to test the leigh but long range suppression is good.

vet 5 volks are now heavy AT instead of meatshields.

ostheer buffs are nice especially sniper against early usf. while im disappointed that the is2 didnt get the nerf it deserved a lot of cheese from the soviets was removed.

Still we need uber Cruzz to get to data mining after this patch.
31 Mar 2015, 11:20 AM

I'm going to make it my mission to play OST combined arms effectively, the buffs they got for early game are nothing to laugh at. They should help if you don't just spam grens.

Good luck at it.Sincerely.
31 Mar 2015, 11:23 AM

Can you just quit the game already? We get it you suck but its pretty boring to see you posting the same thing over and over.

I post the same thing becoz its the truth,even if allied faboys don't want to hear it.And i quit already.I just was waiting for patch to see if things changed.
31 Mar 2015, 11:23 AM

Good luck at it.Sincerely.
If anything, it's easier than before. There shouldn't be so much trouble playing it now with the MG42 buff and sniper buff. ;)
31 Mar 2015, 11:25 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I didn't have any great expectations about this update, but it's is definitely good. Lots of steps in the right directions but I agree with the general sentiment that it's not enough after all the time we've been waiting. Most of all I'm disappointed that the most obvious issues still remain untouched such as the most important bugs, map changes, balance and gameplay issues. So in the grand scheme of things there hardly changes anything.

I love to see map changes and new maps finally. I can't wait to get my hands on Angoville in 1v1 and the other maps that have been adjusted. Too bad they fixed the biggest issues with the some maps, such as North Kharkov. After nearly six months since their map improvement poll, you can atleast expect the most crucial map imbalances to be addressed.

I'm super happy that they started working on unused units such as the German sniper and the USF mortar HT which have been declared extict for so long now. I just wished they would have continued in that regard, for example going through their statistics and pick other rarely units like the StuG G, the German Artillery peace, Partisans, etc. Most of these units don't require massive overhauls, just slight stat tweaks.

The bug fix part was very disillusioning. Instead of fixing the bugs that really lead to frustration like Riflegrenades not firing, Tellermines with no effect on target and structure splats in the FOW we get sandbags with Hull Down. Yay. I really wonder how the priorities were set in that regard.

But I doubt it will change anything about the current meta. Callins, Ostheer and Soviet Teching are still untouched. I hope this was just the first episode of a series of patches and that we don't have to wait another six months for the next one.

I really hope they take the time to look at what they already have in the game and rework stuff that is not used (such as units and commanders) instead of working on new content again.

About their goals:

I share their goals but.. OKW will always be favoured in the late game due to the hilarious vet 5 system. Tweaking stats here and there won't change anything.
The effectiveness of blobbing of WFA factions still remains because, well, these factions are designed like that. A lack of proper support weapons, base infantry with AT capabilites just lead to that. How is decreasing the accuracy of Shrecks at long range gonna reduce blobbing?
Also you will be never able to reduce squad wiping if units stack on top of each other, you have to increase the space between each model as in here.
31 Mar 2015, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 11:23 AMsteel
If anything, it's easier than before. There shouldn't be so much trouble playing it now with the MG42 buff and sniper buff. ;)

No masochism has its limits,earlier i still played team games where the OKW player could carry ost.Now thats out of the picture as well.
31 Mar 2015, 11:27 AM

Oh come on. I have to disagree.
T3 and paks are very strong against IS-2 and 85's. Combined with TWP from stugs/paks.

Come on? Unless your opponent is all nice and fluffy and drives over your tellers, no OH t3 unit/pak combo is ever gonna kill an IS-2, lets be realistic.

Apart from that, to reiterate, some nice changes, but the big issues remain untackled.
31 Mar 2015, 11:28 AM

No masochism has its limits,earlier i still played team games where the OKW player could carry ost.Now thats out of the picture as well.

Dude, you should stay quiet. Seriously. we all know you are not a good player. OH will be far than more viable now. Just stay quiet, please.
31 Mar 2015, 11:30 AM

Have you ever used the OST snipers vet ability? That thing kills 2-3 guys quite regularly and if you line it up so it passes through another squad on it's way to target (easy to do against those Rifle blobs) you can score a crazy amount of kills.

OST sniper is definitely useful against Riflemen and less so against conscripts, you will bleed USF like a stuck pig if you use him right.

Getting hp boost from 40 to 82 hp will make it easier for him to survive too.

Yes I have and it is a nice ability (although I find they could have emphasized more on the "stun" effect than the fact that you can kill multiple squad members), but it is not free either.

I do think the Sniper will be more useful now and looking forward to it myself, I just disagree that the change is too big or makes it somehow overpowered in comparison to the Soviet Sniper.
31 Mar 2015, 11:33 AM

Dude, you should stay quiet. Seriously. we all know you are not a good player. OH will be far than more viable now. Just stay quiet, please.

Counter my arguments instead of telling me to shut up mr dictator.
Everyone knows a measly health buff on sniper,a scrap on mg42 and 40 health on fartcar will hardly let ost stop rifleblob and light vehicle with its teching costs.And congratz now u can lol @panthers like u do tigers with jackson,is-2 and skillplane.
Still weakest earlygame,weakest lategame infantry,weakest indirect armor,now weakest armor arguably.
31 Mar 2015, 11:34 AM

So basically Guards now will have 0.22/0.5/0.6 chance to deal 40 damage to infantry with every PTRS shot and they will always hit vehicles?
31 Mar 2015, 11:37 AM

Counter my arguments instead of telling me to shut up mr dictator.
Everyone knows a measly health buff on sniper,a scrap on mg42 and 40 health on fartcar will hardly let ost stop rifleblob and light vehicle with its teching costs.And congratz now u can lol @panthers like u do tigers with jackson,is-2 and skillplane.
Still weakest earlygame,weakest lategame infantry,weakest indirect armor,now weakest armor arguably.

You want a counter to USH as OH? I give you one, the sniper. That unit is far deadlier than anything you can use early game, BUT you have to micro it. That is where you will fail :) and that is why you do not want to use it.
31 Mar 2015, 11:37 AM

My friend is telling me that he already tried the new patch? (He doesn't like the changes)

He sad that he is an Alpha tester, do they get patch before all other or at the same time?

Somehow I do not believe him that is even possible

BR

31 Mar 2015, 11:39 AM

damn im going to miss 2v2 semosisky.

mid is a very nice setup for initial firefights.
31 Mar 2015, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 11:39 AMwongtp
damn im going to miss 2v2 semosisky.

mid is a very nice setup for initial firefights.
31 Mar 2015, 11:43 AM
Donator 11

I think any positive change to OST is great, they are by far my favorite faction. Nice to see the sniper get a buff, I will be using it now alongside the tasty MG42 buff and pio sight range.
31 Mar 2015, 11:45 AM

Come on? Unless your opponent is all nice and fluffy and drives over your tellers, no OH t3 unit/pak combo is ever gonna kill an IS-2, lets be realistic.

Apart from that, to reiterate, some nice changes, but the big issues remain untackled.

True..

I honestly doubt that the Sov vs Ost 1v1 matchup will change at all. A couple of annoying sov units
(ie 120, sniper ) got small nerf, demos etc, so less frustration, but matchup will be the same.

Verse usf, snipers will be slightly more viable but if you sucked with the sniper before the patch its unlikely the health buff will help dramatically. Hopefully ost t3 will be viable now, since
T1 T2 tiger was getting boring. The rest of the matchup will likely play out roughly the same..

As many have said, a step in the right direction, but well short of anything meaningful...

Edit : The map changes are what i am most interested in, since most maps are utter garbage balance wise.

31 Mar 2015, 11:45 AM

Time to get gud at USF

Yes, you should definetly try it. I will too.

and OST.

Now...thaaat will be a little more difficult I guess.
31 Mar 2015, 11:46 AM

You want a counter to USH as OH? I give you one, the sniper. That unit is far deadlier than anything you can use early game, BUT you have to micro it. That is where you will fail :) and that is why you do not want to use it.

Let the patch go live,let me see u pwn usf with ur amazing sniper micro at 360 mp..while still maintaining field presence against americans..and then spend desperate MP for teching and 320 more mp for pak while he gets free unit and brings out the light vehicle of doom.You have zero idea of earlygame ost ground realities.
31 Mar 2015, 11:51 AM

Let the patch go live,let me see u pwn usf with ur amazing sniper micro at 360 mp..while still maintaining field presence against americans..and then spend desperate MP for teching and 320 more mp for pak while he gets free unit and brings out the light vehicle of doom.You have zero idea of earlygame ost ground realities.

Same for you to me. The thing is you play OH and yet, you really do not know a lot about the game.
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS