Login

russian armor

Supply - in-game currency

PAGES (16)down
29 Nov 2015, 02:32 AM
Donator 33

300 posts in Relic remains quiet on this LOL!
29 Nov 2015, 02:36 AM

no one cares, PROs play with no bulletins and no commanders....ONLY SKINS
29 Nov 2015, 03:59 AM

To make this work and not fail epicly, Relic needs to have mystery crates that you buy with supply you earn in game and can get with real money. In the crates is a random assortment of skins, bulletins, and a rare chance at a commander. DO NOT add any kind of repair mechanic to this. Have different tiers of supply crates with better or guaranteed chances at higher grade bulletins/skins/commanders that cost more supply.

Basically like the card system in Halo 5, that is doing really well and doesn't rely on repair. Repair is what could kill the game, having to spend points to fix something I already paid $4.00 for is BS. I am fine with them changing commanders after the fact for balance reasons, but don't make me work to use them AT ALL on top of that by making them break from use.
29 Nov 2015, 08:27 AM

How can you disscus anyting without any knowledge about it?
I mean, disscussion is good, but I'm laughing when I see "This gonna destroy game" etc. How do you know that its gonna destroy the game if you dont have any idea how it will work?

Actually it might finally give some kind of rewards for playing the game, when you already have everything.

We just want GIVE Relic a helping hand so if they are thinking about durability they should abandon that mechanism or players would leave.
29 Nov 2015, 08:29 AM

no one cares, PROs play with no bulletins and no commanders....ONLY SKINS

Then why pros (for example on OCF) play with premium commaders 50% of times (SCAS , lighting war , scavenge , they would even rifle and churchill crocodile doctrines, but they were banned)
29 Nov 2015, 08:36 AM

How can you disscus anyting without any knowledge about it?
I mean, disscussion is good, but I'm laughing when I see "This gonna destroy game" etc. How do you know that its gonna destroy the game if you dont have any idea how it will work?

Actually it might finally give some kind of rewards for playing the game, when you already have everything.

It's not like it has never happened that they worked on something and implemented it without giving any previews at all.
They fuck things up on a constant base (meanwhile not as often as before, but still).

If stuff needs to be repaired, I will quit playing. This would be so fucking dumb that I cannot believe how someone would even get the idea.
The player base is small. And this would make it even smaller. Many people (like me) don't have that much time to play the game to repair everything on a regular base. And you need to repair your stuff because as someone in this thread already mentioned, stock commanders are NOTHING compared to the pay2win ones.
29 Nov 2015, 09:18 AM

But how do you know what will need repairs? Commanders you bought from a store? I don't think so.

Maybe we will get some abilities which can be combined into commander and onlye such abilities will need repairs? Who knows.

Point is, long long time ago there was a reason to play since you could unlock commanders as your level grown up. Yet now, the game does not reward you for playing. Any solution, like in-game supply which gives you something for playing, which you can use as you want for, for example bulltetins, is a great way to keep players in game.
29 Nov 2015, 09:52 AM

But how do you know what will need repairs? Commanders you bought from a store? I don't think so.

Maybe we will get some abilities which can be combined into commander and onlye such abilities will need repairs? Who knows.

Point is, long long time ago there was a reason to play since you could unlock commanders as your level grown up. Yet now, the game does not reward you for playing. Any solution, like in-game supply which gives you something for playing, which you can use as you want for, for example bulltetins, is a great way to keep players in game.

My rank is only think that currently keeps me in this game.
Or in other wolds i want to improve and get better, that why im playing it. Not for imaginary tank armor increase.
I like those historical writings in bulletins thought
29 Nov 2015, 09:57 AM

We just want GIVE Relic a helping hand so if they are thinking about durability they should abandon that mechanism or players would leave.

I'm interested to know how do you figure that? Tell me COHO and I stop you right now, COHO had a biggest playerbase than COH and hasn't been ceased because of the European market.

Like Australian Magic says, we don't know what is it going to be. Speculation and threatening isn't going to change anything.
29 Nov 2015, 10:20 AM

I would leave if they have durability I dont want to play the game so I could just repair items
29 Nov 2015, 11:26 AM

That sounds reasonable. People who don't want to pay for commanders could play with the commanders of their choice but have to craft and maintain them.
30 Nov 2015, 14:30 PM
Coder Red Badge

If you buy an item and you get it permanently i think it is fine. (it will have no expiracy so you dont need to repair that item).

And if you get only those in game points those items can have a) expiracy eg that commader will be for 1000point for week so you can try it play with him, and if he suits your playstyle you can
b) buy him por points without expiracy (for example 10 000 points - it was just random number , i just want to say this can work,still better than this shitty RNG warspoil we have right now.

What do you think about this ?

I mean it's an improvement, sure, but it sets a shitty precedent, and it goes against promises made before the game's release that all gameplay-affecting content will be available for free to everyone.

If free items degrade, it will become impossible to access all gameplay options without paying money, which for any game involving competition is unacceptable in my eyes. The only microtransation model that works for competitive games is Valve's model in Dota and CSGO. You start forcing people to pay for gameplay items and all of a sudden you have a business incentive to give those players an advantage for their purchase. And even if you don't give them objectively better units and abilities, you give them variety and less predictability, which is a major advantage all by itself.

Of course, you could argue that the current war spoils system imposes the same limitations on players because it's nearly impossible to get all paid content for free through it. It shouldn't be replaced with a system that would be even worse for players who do not wish to be gouged in order to compete in multiplayer.
30 Nov 2015, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 14:30 PMInverse

Of course, you could argue that the current war spoils system imposes the same limitations on players because it's nearly impossible to get all paid content for free through it. It shouldn't be replaced with a system that would be even worse for players who do not wish to be gouged in order to compete in multiplayer.

i think that if the warspoils system got replaced by supply, but there was no degradtion of items (as in, you get supply for playing games, you can "buy" bulletins etc. for supply, but they don't degrade) then i would say that system is better for the users than the current one. to be fair, i doubt it would get implemented this way, but it would be an option that i would be fine with.
30 Nov 2015, 14:59 PM
Coder Red Badge

That would be the ideal situation, make everything cost supply instead of cash, let people buy supply if they want, or give it to them for free after every game. Impatient people get their shit right away and everyone still has a chance to get everything for free if they invest time instead.

I hope that's what they're going to do, but I'm not holding my breath after CoHO.
30 Nov 2015, 15:25 PM
Patrion 14

This disgust at the rumoured "decay" mechanic is where people fail basic logic. If supply-bought things remained permanent once bought then the supply purchase power would need to be so low to be a really boring grind, virtually nonexistent (e.g. get 1000 supply per 1h of play and need 80000 supply to buy Urban Defense :foreveralone: ) and definitely way slower than the current war spoils system (because people will only want a limited pool of items, no I do not need another 10% Fusilier dispatch bulletin for Christ's sake).

Decay introduces a way to use supply to upkeep items you purchased. This is a good thing in the long run, because that means you don't have to grind 2 months to permanently get a commander (seriously, if you want Rifle company THAT bad, just fork over the $3.99). It would allow supply to have much more purchasing power. It will be a way to be able to easily obtain a single commander you don't own but want RIGHT NOW, relatively easy to maintain, say, 3 or 4 commanders you don't own, but trying to own 12 at once will drain your supply too fast for you to maintain.

I will argue that this system, if implemented in such a way of course, would be a VAST improvement over the warspoils system. Yes, in theory, you could get all the commanders permanently via warspoils. In practice, I have like 2000 hours logged in the game and there are still at least 20 commanders I don't own, and keep in mind the more you own the greater the chance the next drop will be a duplicate, so the rate of gaining new ones falls asymptotically.

People hear "decay" and automatically kneejerk into GUDDAMN F2P TERKING MER JERB. I guess you would rather get the RNG bullshit that maybe gives 1 random commander that you will never use every month. You enjoy your RNG chance to get the sixth copy of NKVD Disruption. Meanwhile I'll be over there in the Supply corner maintaining my Vanguard, Rifle coy, Heavy Cavalry coy and Mechanized Assault without paying for them. Oh and I can test if the Blitzkrieg commander is good for me before I buy him. And I can test the new OKW / USF commanders to see if they suit my playstyle.
30 Nov 2015, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 10:20 AMmedhood
I would leave if they have durability I dont want to play the game so I could just repair items
+1

Where is the reward in just maintaining the status quo? What keeps me playing is the possibility to unlock stuff, not dicking around to keep my loadout on the level it already is.
30 Nov 2015, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 14:30 PMInverse

I mean it's an improvement, sure, but it sets a shitty precedent, and it goes against promises made before the game's release that all gameplay-affecting content will be available for free to everyone.

If free items degrade, it will become impossible to access all gameplay options without paying money, which for any game involving competition is unacceptable in my eyes. The only microtransation model that works for competitive games is Valve's model in Dota and CSGO. You start forcing people to pay for gameplay items and all of a sudden you have a business incentive to give those players an advantage for their purchase. And even if you don't give them objectively better units and abilities, you give them variety and less predictability, which is a major advantage all by itself.

But with this - my changes , you can get commader for money , try him for free and if you play long enaugh - thats a win for game creator by itself - you can buy commader. Whitch one you want for whitch faction you want. For example win will give you 500 POINTS - later simply P + 1 point for every VP remaining and +1000 if you win by anihilation - so you in normal gamedestroy enemy building , loss will give you 100 P.

P can be only earned by playing automach not costum matches because there is posible to create map with anihilation instawin and 10000VPs you know.

And you can try commader for week for 1000P and get him forever for 7500 P (10 wins with more than 250 remaining VPs or 20 matches where you 15 ttimes won and 5 times lost for example , also conting some remaining VPs)

Rare commader will be 1500 test and 10 000 permanent

This system will give active players that play for win and option to get what they want by increasing their time in game and also improving in game. And that is what Relic want.

Also achievements will give players some number of P and completing champaing missions on better medal will give them P too.

You can also buy bulletins by this - 1000 P for one (so you dont have everythin in one day and then you float P)

Victory arty - uncommon 2000
rare 5000
epic 10 000

Skins - uncommon 1500 per tank weight
rare 2500 per tank weight

I think this will be fine because every player can try most appeling commaders for him in normal time and then buy best of them that suit his playstyle most

while players that play long enaught will get all commaders and also some cosmetics.
and those who does not want to wait 2 months for all commader may buy them.

What do you think ?
30 Nov 2015, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 14:59 PMInverse
That would be the ideal situation, make everything cost supply instead of cash, let people buy supply if they want, or give it to them for free after every game. Impatient people get their shit right away and everyone still has a chance to get everything for free if they invest time instead.

I hope that's what they're going to do, but I'm not holding my breath after CoHO.

Don't keep your hopes up.

Every time when there is currency like this, there is also mandatory currency sink, often in form of repairs, which means, unless you want to rarely play with your doctrine of choice or stick to basic ones, you'd have to open your wallet.

Its pretty standard stuff nowadays.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 50
Poland 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %