Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
7 Feb 2015, 09:58 AM

I miss the V-rocket.
7 Feb 2015, 10:03 AM
Patrion 14

A timely reminder of the rose-tinted spectacles often worn when discussing vCoH. It was as blob-ridden as CoH2. PzGren G43 blobs, zombie gren shrek blobs, ranger zook blobs, the entire Brit faction blobs...
7 Feb 2015, 12:54 PM

Lol.. Coh1 was much worse for blobs.
7 Feb 2015, 14:35 PM

If they finally introduce an in game currency...

Do I FINALLY get the pre-order bonus I had advertised to me when I purchased the original game?

I've been waiting so long!

Brits will be what brings me back to playing though. Balance be damned, the tommies need to start kicking some wehraboo ass.

ah, the good ol commissar chest
7 Feb 2015, 14:35 PM

Lol.. Coh1 was much worse for blobs.

true, ranger blob with fire up (was that its name?) anyone?
7 Feb 2015, 15:31 PM
Patrion 14

Ranger blobs with Thompsons, 'zooks and fire-up. They roamed the field in blobs, pwning everything they surveyed.
9 Feb 2015, 03:42 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

If you had problems with Ranger blobs then you were doing it wrong...
9 Feb 2015, 05:42 AM

Permanently Banned
If you had problems with Ranger blobs then you were doing it wrong...

Yea right!

Ranger blobs that were immune to suppression.

I guess by using mg's. "I was doing it wrong" PLEASE!
9 Feb 2015, 06:09 AM

but guyz vcoh was infallable n perfetc
9 Feb 2015, 12:39 PM

A timely reminder of the rose-tinted spectacles often worn when discussing vCoH. It was as blob-ridden as CoH2. PzGren G43 blobs, zombie gren shrek blobs, ranger zook blobs, the entire Brit faction blobs...

This mean speaketh sense.

vCoH was a proper blobfest. Some are blinded by nostalgia, me thinks. :D
9 Feb 2015, 16:30 PM

Yea right!

Ranger blobs that were immune to suppression.

I guess by using mg's. "I was doing it wrong" PLEASE!

Rangers really hurt your manpower upkeep if you had even 2 squads, 3 ground it to a halt. So you only had to keep bleeding their MP and before long they would be out of the game.
9 Feb 2015, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2015, 04:36 AMKothre
I just want a Japanese faction more than anything. If whatever new Axis faction that comes with the hypothetical British one is German AGAIN, I'm going to cry.
I´m totally against that.

1) Russians, Germans aswell as US forces have a connection to the European battlefields. It doesn´t look totally ridiculous to see Americans on Semoiski. It´s still shit but not as far off as seeing the Japanese invading a French or Belgian village.

2) What competent land army was there fighting for the Axis side other than the Germans? The Italians? Pretty much any of their actions was a failure and the Germans had to come to the rescue. By the time the game is set they had switched sides and what remained was a puppet state in the north.

The Finnish? They pretty much fought their own war up in the north. Hungarians, Romanians etc.? Hardly enough to make a whole faction.

What remains are the Japanese, but I prefer seeing Hetzers, Jagdpanthers, Nebelwerfers fighting IS-2s rather than a Chi-Ha tank. The heaviest the Japanese could field would be a Chi-Nu, which is around the strength of a Panzer IV (early, 50mm armor).

3) Still lots and lots of stuff not included for the Germans.
9 Feb 2015, 17:19 PM

I´m totally against that.

1) Russians, Germans aswell as US forces have a connection to the European battlefields. It doesn´t look totally ridiculous to see Americans on Semoiski. It´s still shit but not as far off as seeing the Japanese invading a French or Belgian village.

2) What competent land army was there fighting for the Axis side other than the Germans? The Italians? Pretty much any of their actions was a failure and the Germans had to come to the rescue. By the time the game is set they had switched sides and what remained was a puppet state in the north.

The Finnish? They pretty much fought their own war up in the north. Hungarians, Romanians etc.? Hardly enough to make a whole faction.

What remains are the Japanese, but I prefer seeing Hetzers, Jagdpanthers, Nebelwerfers fighting IS-2s rather than a Chi-Ha tank. The heaviest the Japanese could field would be a Chi-Nu, which is around the strength of a Panzer IV (early, 50mm armor).

3) Still lots and lots of stuff not included for the Germans.

afrika korps vs british it is then
9 Feb 2015, 17:36 PM

Rangers really hurt your manpower upkeep if you had even 2 squads, 3 ground it to a halt. So you only had to keep bleeding their MP and before long they would be out of the game.

6-man squads wearing petrol-soaked uniforms and costing 45 mp to reinforce. If I see a teammate with ranger blobs I just get crestfallen. They take forever to vet up, especially in blobs, so by late game they are not very effective against vet3.

Like someone here said, by the time the other guy has 3 you will win the mp war in 15 minutes or so.
9 Feb 2015, 17:39 PM

Tigers and 88s vs M3 Lees and stuarts.

Exactly what the game needs. Exactly new and refreshing power balance that doesn't look exactly like USF vs OKW matchup.
9 Feb 2015, 17:58 PM

Not necessarily. I'm confident they could make the Italians work.

Sure, IRL the Italians kinda failed, but they still had a bunch of interesting (if not necessarily very good) Equipment such as the Semovente, Carro Veloce, P40, and some very good light Infantry.

And they can always tweak stuff in the game to make them more competitive.
9 Feb 2015, 18:12 PM

Tigers and 88s vs M3 Lees and stuarts.

Exactly what the game needs. Exactly new and refreshing power balance that doesn't look exactly like USF vs OKW matchup.

Fireflies. Cromwells. All that good stuff.

doesnt need to be 100% accurate africa british faction
9 Feb 2015, 18:20 PM

Fireflies. Cromwells. All that good stuff.

doesnt need to be 100% accurate africa british faction

So it wouldn't be africa corps at all then but another generic wehrmacht vs brits in Italy.

Thou I would love to see SAS jeeps in coh2.
9 Feb 2015, 18:27 PM

Why Afrika Korps? It was a part of the axis forces in north africa, the germans in africa were under italian control, Libya was an italian colony, the majority of axis forces in africa were italian and if you choose between afrika korps and british, you mean north african campaign (1940 - 1943), this means that Italy could be added, they were fighting with germany in those years and we'll have early war tanks that italian light tanks can stand.
9 Feb 2015, 18:35 PM

Theres one big pitfall to an African coh. As I understand that theatre was mostly tank battles on open ground (desert).. So im not sure how they would do maps to suit coh gameplay.

If they do coh3, which we all hope they do of course, it would probably be the Pacific front. Makes sense chronologicaly, and it would be a really fresh battlefield.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 11
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %