PAGES (23)down
6 Feb 2015, 16:04 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

6 Feb 2015, 16:19 PM
Patrion 14

epic lolz
6 Feb 2015, 16:28 PM

The next installment should be either Pacific or Africa.

Relic, choose.
6 Feb 2015, 16:37 PM

Ya know, while sitting on the porcelain throne i though of a pretty epic idea, what if all those files where place in there for a elaborate April fools joke from relic........if their punchline is anything like their patches it may be a while to get it lol
6 Feb 2015, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 14:38 PMBurts

If there was no water between the british isles and mainland europe, england would be gone in 2 weeks, if not faster. The british land army was not much in a better state than 1941 and 1942 than the polish or french forces. Remember, they were getting their asses kicked by the japanese in 1941-42 and even the soviets in 1939 were able to defeat the japanese in Khalkin Ghol, even though the state of the soviet army in 1939-41 was also completely backwards. While USA didin't really have an army in 1941-42.
The german land forces outclassed absolutely everyone in 1941-1942, while the soviet army was better on paper, it turned out to be a completely mess in 1941-1942. Of course even the wehrmacht was not perfect, since Barbarossa ultimately failed horribly at Moscow.
The soviet union was instrumental to the defeat of the germans. Its a very well proven fact. Whether they could of won alone is another question. Some historians such as Glantz believe that the soviets could of won alone.

Also, the polish charging tanks with cavalry is complete and utter bullshit. That said, horses were incredibly instrumental for the war. For example, the wehrmacht and the red army used horses as its primary mean of transport.

Except there WAS water between them, which is the exact reason the British Army wasn't that strong in 1939... but their navy was the largest and most powerful in the world: http://www.naval-history.net/WW2CampaignRoyalNavy.htm

not to mention the RAF was again world-class... why would you concentrate spending tons on an army when any invasion would need to attack via the SEA? If there was no water, then obviously everything would have been different and im sure defence spending would have gone more towards a land based defence force so your entire 'what if' scenario is completely null.
6 Feb 2015, 16:42 PM

Permanently Banned
V-coh HD remastered factions would be epic
6 Feb 2015, 16:48 PM

If you look at the skin packs, you'll notice that there is a "Southern Desert" pack or something similar. That along with another pack that alludes to the Italians makes me think that we'll get British and Italian factions and possibly north african German commanders.
6 Feb 2015, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2015, 16:40 PMpugzii

Except there WAS water between them, which is the exact reason the British Army wasn't that strong in 1939... but their navy was the largest and most powerful in the world: http://www.naval-history.net/WW2CampaignRoyalNavy.htm

not to mention the RAF was again world-class... why would you concentrate spending tons on an army when any invasion would need to attack via the SEA? If there was no water, then obviously everything would have been different and im sure defence spending would have gone more towards a land based defence force so your entire 'what if' scenario is completely null.

Despite RAF, the Wehrmacht was in EUROPE, the British Army was in GREAT BRITAIN AND ITS COLONIES, it wasn't concentrated in England only.
6 Feb 2015, 16:51 PM
Senior Editor Badge

If you look at the skin packs, you'll notice that there is a "Southern Desert" pack or something similar. That along with another pack that alludes to the Italians makes me think that we'll get British and Italian factions and possibly north african German commanders.

if I remember correctly, in the old WFA closed beta had El Alamein skins ;)
6 Feb 2015, 16:51 PM

If it's real, YEAAAA, RELIC FOREVER! Let's hope the italians and not a 3rd german faction!
6 Feb 2015, 17:58 PM

Thats the "Makeshift Sand Southern Front" skin, a skin we already have ingame for the soviets that is being mentioned.

Still as we know that the british are probably coming North Africa isnt unlikely which will probably result in another axis faction being a mix of italian forces and the german afrika korps.
6 Feb 2015, 18:27 PM
Donator 11

The mysteriously absent panzer 3 could point to North Africa.

Feel a new faction could be some time away though
6 Feb 2015, 19:04 PM
Donator 11

Desert Fox confirmed :kappa:
6 Feb 2015, 22:56 PM
Donator 11

Japs will be great as a new faction
7 Feb 2015, 02:18 AM

The North Africa theater was closed by CoH2's timeline though, and how could you do Italy when their tanks were such crap? People hate the USF for having a solid medium but no heavy, now imagine one where you have the worst medium and still no heavy. ;)
7 Feb 2015, 05:49 AM
Patrion 28

give them some kind of pak43 equivalent non-doctrinally.
7 Feb 2015, 08:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Probably not related, but these unused base buildings appear in the visuals section of Worldbuilder:

One of them is modified from the British Truck from CoH1, the other 3 are new models, but very simple as well.

What is the location of these objects in the WB?
7 Feb 2015, 08:59 AM

What is the location of these objects in the WB?

visuals -> environment -> objects -> xp_1_test_buildings
7 Feb 2015, 09:27 AM

If they finally introduce an in game currency...

Do I FINALLY get the pre-order bonus I had advertised to me when I purchased the original game?

I've been waiting so long!

Brits will be what brings me back to playing though. Balance be damned, the tommies need to start kicking some wehraboo ass.
7 Feb 2015, 09:43 AM

V-coh HD remastered factions would be epic

Yes it would be. However with the premise of a different skin artist (not the one who ruined coh2) and ... ah screw this! Lets just say HD version of coh yes, but not from the current relic team.
PAGES (23)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS