As you can probably make from the different comments you are getting the revamped USF gives so many viable openings compared to before, so it's ultimately down to what works for you.
As it is for me right now I often skip light vehicles and unlock both lt. and capt. for the team weapons only. If it comes down to getting light vehicles vs OKW I prefer the luchs over the AA HT, because it is much less vulnerable to getting killed by a raketen.
However, just yesterday I found that the new WC51 in the mechanized company seems EXTREMELY strong against OKW to a point where I think it will most likely be nerfed soon.
for 200 mp and 3 pop cap (cheaper than a kubel) you get:
1. A vehicle capable of capping..
2. With a powerful 50 cal upgrade for 45 munis..
3. That can have a squad protected and firing from the flat top..
4. which on top of that can easily survive a hit from a raketen..
5. and also has a vet 1 ability speed boost that makes it harder to hit and faster than its natual enemies
6. And as a side note is also able to call in an atillery barrage and mark enemy vehicles so they are seen through the fow and easier to penetrate.
If you manage to utilize even half of this you can easily harass an OKW opponent and most likely hold both fuel points (remember OKW don't have faust for the first 4-6 mins so don't be afraid to go balls deep into their lines with a riflemen squad in the top). In the two 1v1 matches I played yesterday with USF, my WC51 survived throughout the entire game and got ~20 kills to their name. And this is in a case where I didn't even remember to use its abilities.
I feel that right now it is almost impossible to overstate how insanely strong this is against OKW.
I mainly play OKW and i can really confirm this. My biggest troubles in this game is when i am up against a player that is good at microing light vehicles and get them as early as possible. Early clowncar or WC51 or even the british UC sometimes can be a horrible pain in the ass.
My tip to anyone wanting to do good against OKW is learn how to use the early light vehicles and be extremely aggressive with them.