Login

russian armor

New faction British??

PAGES (23)down
5 Feb 2015, 23:50 PM
Donator 11

A polish commander for a commonwealth faction would be good - the Polish brigades kicked ass on the western front
6 Feb 2015, 00:05 AM

Dont want to bust anyones bubble but this no proof whats so ever that a new faction is coming
6 Feb 2015, 01:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge

lets try to avoid pointless bickering about which country is better our governments got that covered all by their-selves they don't need our help...
6 Feb 2015, 01:27 AM

If the British are coming, please god leave the staghounds out of this game.

Oh.. the memories.. Staghound spam was best spam...
6 Feb 2015, 01:58 AM
Patrion 14

after months of ppl complaining about having nothing to look forward to, at least we have something to look forward to/speculate at least.
6 Feb 2015, 03:12 AM

6 Feb 2015, 03:52 AM
Patrion 27

after months of ppl complaining about having nothing to look forward to, at least we have something to look forward to/speculate at least.

Absolutely, but it's pretty frustrating that instead of marketing this is how we find out about stuff.
6 Feb 2015, 04:36 AM

I just want a Japanese faction more than anything. If whatever new Axis faction that comes with the hypothetical British one is German AGAIN, I'm going to cry.
6 Feb 2015, 04:42 AM
Patrion 14

Absolutely, but it's pretty frustrating that instead of marketing this is how we find out about stuff.

nah. comments are pretty much gonna be the same either way. ppl on this forum solely to bash coh2 will leave same kind of comments and most people on the forum are also going to be as negative as now for good reasons.

if relic pulls this one off, maybe next time there is a hype, ppl will be more positive.
6 Feb 2015, 04:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2015, 04:36 AMKothre
I just want a Japanese faction more than anything. If whatever new Axis faction that comes with the hypothetical British one is German AGAIN, I'm going to cry.
Me too! Or atleast a primarily italian army. If it's just another flavor Germany I would be extremely disappointed.
6 Feb 2015, 04:46 AM

maybe thats what they want!

#illuminaticonfirmed
6 Feb 2015, 06:26 AM

Probably not related, but these unused base buildings appear in the visuals section of Worldbuilder:

One of them is modified from the British Truck from CoH1, the other 3 are new models, but very simple as well.
6 Feb 2015, 08:16 AM

maybe its only british abilites for the built-your-own-commander-feature. so usf will be able to use some british units/abilities. i doubt theyll add another faction anytime soon when theyre planning on restructuring the whole commander idea
6 Feb 2015, 08:53 AM

Hey Guys, I've been scrolling more to the codes and found all these features mentioned :

After reading the code parts by another discussion I found some line which will change CoH as we know it.

1. Make war not love (MWNL) 2 on valentine's day

Make love not war previous year was a battle between CoH 2 and Total War for free content. There are some lines mentioning roman thing "Romani Ite Domum (romans come home). And there was something stating a bayonet-pierces heart to show you valiant effert against "Rome". This will probably be the first decal to be introduces

i found something even more :
For light, medium and heavy : Incommo roman pattern, flattened roman pattern, flattened roman pattern with winter frost, improvised roman front, winter improvised roman front. (the heavy of winter improvised roman front is called battlefield undercoat).

These are 2 camo's summer and winter version for a faction referring to something italian. can be either because MWNL is against the total war rome or maybe a hint of the italians entering the game, i think the first is probably the right one. And because this is because of the event I think this will be the first camo to be featured for multiple factions (either 2 or all of them)

And these following qoute's :

"February 14th marked the day of one of the more gruesome vehicle to infantry encounters. The enemy was caught, rank on rank, and possessing nothing capable of penetrating even light armor…"

"In Ancient Rome the average life expectancy of a citizen was 35 due to the many dangers of the time, including military service. However, they did not have to worry about being flattened by 44 tonnes of fast moving German Steel."

"The Romans never made it as far north to what is now considered Russia. That’s because they were run over by T-34s."

"Gaius and his unit were concealed within a field of tall grass and low lying shrubberies. As the sound of the engine noise increased he believed he had the enemy well covered."

Again these qoute confirm it is about Total war rome, not an italian factions

which will explain : "Proudly display this bayonet-pierced heart to show your valiant effort in the battle against "Rome" With rome being Total war in MWNL

2. NOW A VERY SPECIAL LINEs OF CODE I FOUND REGARDING CURRENCY AND THE ABILITY PACKS :
11085108 Supply is an in-game currency that can be used to repair items and purchase item packs from the store. Click here to open the store to the item pack page.

11085109 Obtain item packs from the store to get commander abilities for custom commanders."

- So there is going to be an option to make your own commander with abilities. abilities ranging from common to legendary.

11084886 Warspoils Classic Item Pack
11084887 Contains 1 "classic" warspoils item at random. Items include intel bulletins, skins and preset commanders.

- Meaning war spoils have to be bought with currency i guess

11084882 Contains 5 commander abilities: 1 Uncommon, 1 Rare, 1 Epic, 1 Legendary and 1 at random. Commander abilities are used to make custom commanders.

- More about the packs, the code also talks about USF, Soviet, Wehrmacht, British, OKW commander packs (starter, normal and expensive) which will contrain something like :
11085824 Contains 3 Uncommons and 2 Rare Commander Abilities for this faction.
11085825 Contains 3 Epics and 2 Legendary Commander Abilities for this faction.

11084914 Durability is an indicator of item health. Once the durability of an item reaches zero, that item cannot be reused until it has been repaired.
11084915 Repairing an item adds durability to it at the cost of Supply. Once the durability of an item reaches zero, that item cannot be reused until it has been repaired.
11084916 Salvaging an item converts an item’s durability back into supply.

- So the commander abilities seems to have a health bar and will cost currency to repair. Again useless/duplicate abilities can be salvaged to buy new ones

11084988 Stalingrad Commander Bundle
11084989 A selection of 4 Soviet commanders useful for turning the tide of the war in favour of the Motherland. For the Rodina!
11084990 USF Mega Bundle
11084991 US Forces will add 3 commanders, 2 full skin sets and 2 US themed faceplates.

- Some commander bundles for people who don't own some of them yet I guess

The changes were found in the code after the february update, I think they are real because who the fridge is having bug fixes of 1,1 gb?
I would like to hear your ideas.
6 Feb 2015, 09:14 AM

Probably not related, but these unused base buildings appear in the visuals section of Worldbuilder:

One of them is modified from the British Truck from CoH1, the other 3 are new models, but very simple as well.

Looks like USF concept base to me.
6 Feb 2015, 09:58 AM

I get the feeling that they will introduce vCOH HD-versions of US and Wehr this year. If you think of it it would make sense - most units that have appeared in COH2 that also were in vCOH work differently - like the Greyhound, Puma, Rifles etc. Some units haven´t showed - like Nebelwerfer (who doesn´t love it?), Bike, Rangers, Pershing etc.
6 Feb 2015, 10:03 AM

I get the feeling that they will introduce vCOH HD-versions of US and Wehr this year. If you think of it it would make sense - most units that have appeared in COH2 that also were in vCOH work differently - like the Greyhound, Puma, Rifles etc. Some units haven´t showed - like Nebelwerfer (who doesn´t love it?), Bike, Rangers, Pershing etc.

The problem with that is game mechanics are also very different. MG's aren't the be-all end-all of Infantry AI, economy is completely different, Tanks do full damage, etc.
6 Feb 2015, 11:38 AM

Wow Marten. Some very interesting discoveries there.

While the prospect of custom commanders excites me, I also worry for balances sake that certain abilities should never be allowed together.

Example: hull down, spotting scope, command panzer, tiger = bat shit OP.

Or: Shocks, mark target, advanced repair, IS2

So I really hope its done with much consideration

PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment