Login

russian armor

Which units n abilities have never been OP ?

14 Jan 2015, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 22:43 PMpigsoup
combat engineers?

Nope, there was QQ thread that they are way too strong in the past and "that they got too much useful abilities".
14 Jan 2015, 23:31 PM

Barbwire (which is BTW crushed by Kubelwagen. Relic, why?)

Because the Kubel's pathfinding was really bad, so they gave it the ability to Light Crush so it could path through fences and bushes.
14 Jan 2015, 23:32 PM

The Kubel as the pathing AI of the motorcycle from COH1 which is why it's awful at doing basically anything that isn't driving in a straight line.
15 Jan 2015, 01:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 19:21 PMl4hti
2cm flak emplacement :foreveralone:, MG34, normal barbed wire, OKW mini howitzer, 76mm Zis?, Easy8 (It´s cost was too low, the unit itself is OK) Stug G

MG34 used to be OP, better than the MG42 but cheaper.
I remember that the ISG was OP before they change it's firing behaviour.
E8, easy OP for price.

CE used to be "OP" since they were dealing con damage? Anyways they have too much utility with demos :P

Wasn't ghost barbwire an issue ? Or was it sandbags?
15 Jan 2015, 03:52 AM
Patrion 28

15 Jan 2015, 04:43 AM

German Sniper.
15 Jan 2015, 04:52 AM

Guards, most weapon dropped by a squad in COH history.
15 Jan 2015, 05:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 18:02 PMKatitof
Irregulars, partisans, T34(not ram), penals, PTRS, vehicle detection, Brummbar, KV-1, SU-76, M-42 AT gun, ML-20, AT gun camo, pretty much 50% of what soviets can do.

Every single ost unit except Brummbar was OP at one time for comparison, osttruppen included.

When it comes to OKW, only sturmtiger and IR HT.

USF pretty much like soviets, stuart, RETs, fighting positions, sherman, wolverine, PACK howi, HMG, M-20, both pathfinders, so again about 50% of what they can do.
Back during M. Deployment, people were complaining about StuPa OP in the steam CoH2 forum.:lol:
15 Jan 2015, 06:14 AM

Most units when used effectively and correctly are quite useful and powerful. The thing is, if everyone built ostheer scout cars, soviet SU-76s, and the like, there would be much more dynamic and interesting gameplay.

The thing is every single faction has always had other, better units readily available that usually do everything and more than these units while also being easier/cheaper to use.

Which is why such a large chunk of the game is "UP" and ignored. I've had some great and interesting games when people have used unorthodox strategies and UP units/abilities. It's an invitation to try them myself.

But at any time any player can always reserve the right to just, say, blob units and wipe the match of any strategic depth. (Especially if there's any competitive spirit.)

*edit
But to answer your question: "Merge".
15 Jan 2015, 17:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

But to answer your question: "Merge".

Merge OP, too much utility.
It's a shame we don't have that kind level of wisdom anymore /s
15 Jan 2015, 18:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 18:02 PMKatitof
Every single ost unit except Brummbar was OP at one time for comparison, osttruppen included.

No Brumbar was the most gamebreaking unit in the alpha, and was pretty OP in the beta and maybe even shortly after release.
15 Jan 2015, 18:45 PM

Merge OP, too much utility.
It's a shame we don't have that kind level of wisdom anymore /s

Not according to Nullist and his Alt accounts. Merge was so much better then LMG42s!
15 Jan 2015, 19:50 PM

coh2 2012 beta razer wire fields

if anyone didn't play the beta, here's how they worked

you'd place it like german S-mines, and it would make a large field of wire that infantry would have to CRAWL under, making them really slow, you'd need a vehicle to crush, or a minesweeper kit to get rid of it.

it was hardly ever seen, never saw it used to any effect
and then they just removed it, instead of exploring it.

it was a really interesting design and they just gave it the good ol' middle finger.

it would be great against OKW blobs, wire + mortars or arty was fucking brutal
15 Jan 2015, 19:52 PM

coh2 2012 beta razer wire fields

if anyone didn't play the beta, here's how they worked

you'd place it like german S-mines, and it would make a large field of wire that infantry would have to CRAWL under, making them really slow, you'd need a vehicle to crush, or a minesweeper kit to get rid of it.

it was hardly ever seen, never saw it used to any effect
and then they just removed it, instead of exploring it.

it was a really interesting design and they just gave it the good ol' middle finger.

it would be great against OKW blobs, wire + mortars or arty was fucking brutal

I loved those fields. They are missed. But someone did say they were OP at some point. I remember when they took them out.

It was so useful for the Soviets...sigh...
15 Jan 2015, 19:53 PM

Sturmpanzer used to be ISU lite version. Wiped infantry like ISU, countered medium tanks. Now its crap :p
15 Jan 2015, 19:55 PM

I loved those fields. They are missed. But someone did say they were OP at some point. I remember when they took them out.

It was so useful for the Soviets...sigh...

Yea, they were perfect tool to protect maxim flanks.
21 Jan 2015, 14:47 PM

And yet, I always felt that those wire fields were exactly what Ostheer had needed against masses of conscripts.

Relic has always had this uncanny ability to design factions with the flavor and function that fits the opposing side better. As in, for a random instance, ostruppen fit the 'conscript' role better than conscripts, and the soviet infantry supporting their maxims is very much a Wehrmacht flavor.
21 Jan 2015, 15:02 PM

Ummm...

SU-76M, Armoured vehicle detection (ha), Conscript repair, 82mm mortar, that cloaking ability Jaeger infantry doctrine gets... KV-1....? Penals...?

Basically most of the Soviet tech tree has been rather underpowered, just a few units which are too good.

21 Jan 2015, 15:22 PM

Ummm...

SU-76M, Armoured vehicle detection (ha), Conscript repair, 82mm mortar, that cloaking ability Jaeger infantry doctrine gets... KV-1....? Penals...?

Basically most of the Soviet tech tree has been rather underpowered, just a few units which are too good.

People once considered the olde Stug E worse than the su-76m of the time, so therefore su-76 OP.

Penals once were tough... I think...

I think people once complained about 82mm precision strike? :S

A decent chunk of the Soviet tech tree was complained about. Snipers (especially in m3 clown cars), penals and CE's within m3's, maxims, i think people hated the mortar for reasons... T34 ram when t34 was a plastic toy that shot rubber, t-70 (ye olde heavy crush), katyusha (because of awesome legit buffing), and su-85 for olde super fast reversing and crazy vet reload.

ISU and IS-2 for obvious reasons (and i remember when no one built the ISU since it died super easy when it was caught with its pants down, which was all the time)... KV-8 of old...

Conscript ppsh was always slightly underwhelming, especially long before.

But obviously Ostheer is the same, especially when standard 1.5 armor was a thing.
21 Jan 2015, 15:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And yet, I always felt that those wire fields were exactly what Ostheer had needed against masses of conscripts.

Relic has always had this uncanny ability to design factions with the flavor and function that fits the opposing side better. As in, for a random instance, ostruppen fit the 'conscript' role better than conscripts, and the soviet infantry supporting their maxims is very much a Wehrmacht flavor.

And i always thought this could be added to the Community defensive commanders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★