Login

russian armor

Kappatch - A minor rebalance mod

PAGES (17)down
9 Nov 2014, 23:32 PM

Is it possible to make call ins like how they were in beta? When you had to wait 8cp and then build it from t3? Or are they all just all t3/4 bp3 locked? At that point there really isn't a use for call ins.
9 Nov 2014, 23:33 PM

Base flaks are not meant to be effective AA tool. They can shoot down plane, but its extremely low chance, its intended and balanced, because no faction should have free AA.

Planes don't have any armor. They have 1hp and each weapon capable of shooting them have a set % chance to do so.

Thats what I thought I remembered but I must have horrible luck because I have had alot of planes shot down by OKW base sector Flaks. Like I said must have been RNG. Wasnt sure if the changes he made messed with it.
9 Nov 2014, 23:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2014, 09:06 AMCruzz
Poll time:

Should guards go back to singleplayer upgrade system of no special weapons when spawning, mutually exclusive PTRS and DP-28? Performance of both upgrades would be improved in exchange.

Should penals be allowed to use flamer on the move now that their speciality of their flamer not being able to blow up is no longer that valuable?

Should 221/222 have 40hp more but cost slightly more, to stop two atnades/one soviet mine from destroying it outright?

Easy Eight currently completely lacks the scatter penalty while moving other tanks have. But should they get something in return for this oversight being fixed and if yes what?

Should volks get less received accuracy from veterancy in exchange for some damage output veterancy?

Should fallschirms have 2x fg42 2xkar98k on spawn, and have to buy the remaining two for 45-60 muni? They could get hold fire and a slight reduction in mp cost in exchange.

Like others say think it would make PTRS very rare compared tp DP-28, but with the right tweaks it could work, also important not to make the initial rifles too good, dont want them to fully replace conscripts.

Yes!

Sounds like a good change.

Should be fixed of course to same level as other shermans, not sure what they would get in return, maybe dont need anything.

Absolutely, but no damagebuff on Shreks.

I like the FG42 as the iconic weapon for fallshirmsjager it was in real life, too much overlap with other units giving them kars. Why not make them only spawnable in visible buildings?

9 Nov 2014, 23:42 PM

I think the AA in the game is % based on each shot, somebody mentioned 5% to down a plane each shot, makes sense with MG being so effective compared to Flak. if possible give planes health and armour like any other vehicle.
10 Nov 2014, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 21:50 PMCruzz
You can do whatever that isn't making completely new commanders. You can replace every single ability in a commander, you can make commander abilities non-doctrinal, etc. There's an UI limitation in that none of the changes you make will show up until you are ingame and have chosen a commander, every commander ability list etc until then is hardcoded for now.
That's interesting to hear, should be a good amount of flexibility to work with then.

USF crit repair is stupid but not gonna touch it for now. There is no abandon risk on the emergency repairs any more than there is on soviet repair, ie it's the exact same 5% as normal. The code for the ability is messy but I'm pretty sure the heal amount on it is not correct right now.
My mistake then, I thought only the Emergency Repairs caused abandonment, based on the description. I don't remember the Soviet Crew Repair description mentioning abandonment.

They increase both damage and penetration, they'd be OP as hell as a passive.
I didn't know they increased damage.

Pretty much, which is why I want to give him more stuff as I like to think of him as one of the key points of the commander.
What about making his barrage free, or making his vehicle a Command Tank (no stacking of course)?

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with PIV Js apart from them having no place in OKW's lineup due to the super easy access to Panther + KT they already have. Which is a really hard thing to fix...
Yeah they're not really 'wrong', they're just used wrong. They're the second worst medium tank in the game, yet they come out when you should be getting Panthers, or your opponent should be getting Easy Eights and T-34/85's. For the same CP cost and just 30 more fuel, they get a tank with more penetration, better accuracy, and 160 more health (that's nothing to scoff at). The problem is the dual call-in and CP requirements which severely limit their use, especially on a relatively flimsy unit, and it's exacerbated by the Mediums vs Heavy balance and the fact that if you lose a Panzer IV, you cannot get it back until you can buy 2 more.

What about reducing their CP to 6 or 7 and increasing the Veterancy to guaranteed 1-2? Maybe follow the same concept with Osttruppen and having a random chance to spawn with schürzen (similar to how they may have an LMG)? This doesn't fix the entire problem, especially with regards to losses, but I suppose it helps.

I like the FG42 as the iconic weapon for fallshirmsjager it was in real life, too much overlap with other units giving them kars. Why not make them only spawnable in visible buildings?
The FG-42 was actually a pretty rare weapon in real life. Most Fallschirmjagers were armed with Kar 98's, MP 40's, and Machine Guns. A squad of Fallschirmjagers all using FG 42's is a complete work of fiction.
10 Nov 2014, 15:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Cruzz, for USF repair critical I suggest making the time to six seconds instead of one or two or whatever it is now. Also it should cost more like 25 munitions I think.

Also if you're feeling particularly edgy you could make it require elite vehicle crews from armor company.
10 Nov 2014, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 15:50 PMRomeo
Cruzz, for USF repair critical I suggest making the time to six seconds instead of one or two or whatever it is now. Also it should cost more like 25 munitions I think.

Also if you're feeling particularly edgy you could make it require elite vehicle crews from armor company.

Given that USF main and pretty much only strength is mobility when it comes to vehicles, these changes seem to me equal to removing everything heavier then Puma from OKW for example.

Mobility and being able to quickly recover is all USF armor got for themselves as most durable thing, E8 is still less durably then vet2 P4.
10 Nov 2014, 16:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Maybe, but I would rather have them buffed in some other way in exchange than keep repair critical as it is now, because it's pretty ridiculous.
10 Nov 2014, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 16:14 PMRomeo
Maybe, but I would rather have them buffed in some other way in exchange than keep repair critical as it is now, because it's pretty ridiculous.

I don't really see where or how could they be buffed.
The only unit I see that could be buffed is greyhound, which could(should) get smoke as M20.

Tanks? You can't really make shermans stronger and there is nothing really that could be done to make jacksons/wolverines/scotts stronger without breaking them. Well, maybe except wolverine.
10 Nov 2014, 16:42 PM

Suggestion to nerf RNG god from tanks:

Make all tanks have better accuracy vs inf (scatter i guess?) so it's easier to hit enemy infantry and at the same time reduce splash so when tank hit inf squad they might kill 1 guy, maybe 2 if they are grouped but never a full squad. At current stage of game (not Kappatch) med tanks like P4 or T34 sometimes can wipe the squad with first shot which is ridiculous to me. This change should apply mostly to medium tanks and heavy tanks (and some to tank destroyers), not for example to T-70 and Luchs which are currently good at killing infantry

I'll second that. The tighter squad positioning makes every explosive AOE weapon drastically more deadly.

For instance it looks like it is better to position a maxim not behind heavy cover in fear of one-shotting (rifle-) grenades, which feels backwards and rather extreme. So i wouldn't limit a change to the AOE only to tanks.

10 Nov 2014, 16:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 16:37 PMKatitof

I don't really see where or how could they be buffed.
The only unit I see that could be buffed is greyhound, which could(should) get smoke as M20.

Tanks? You can't really make shermans stronger and there is nothing really that could be done to make jacksons/wolverines/scotts stronger without breaking them. Well, maybe except wolverine.

I think it's a mistake to leave overpowered abilities in place because of underpowered units using them. I believe canister shot should be nerfed but M8 main gun damage increased, for examaple. Here are some other examples that I don't think are game-breaking at all.

Greyhound needs more utility through smoke, mines, or a top gunner.

Stuart and M8A1 could use a little more health so that they can take 3 shots from standard AT weapons and 2 shots from the pak 43 and jagdtiger. Stuart needs a cost reduction to make any sense to purchase at all over the M8A1.

More armor on shermans would be nice since currently it makes almost zero difference if you charge in reverse. Almost everything will penetrate a sherman's frontal armor except max range puma and p4 shots.

M10s need more health and accuracy.

Jacksons need better acceleration and a buff to AP rounds so they are more reliable.

M8A1 needs a larger AOE, less scatter, more responsive barrage, slower rate of fire, and more aoe fall-off so that it does consistent damage to squads rather than miss miss miss miss squad wipe.

I would advocate for all of these changes regardless of changes to repair critical. I think all of these changes are necessary to make these units balanced, and likewise I think the changes to repair critical are necessary to make that ability balanced.
10 Nov 2014, 17:46 PM

I think OKW wire should be cuttable, but 2 times slower than normal wire? Agree? I mean okw wire feels like abuse in Ettelbruck and Crossing in the woods middle VP. Its too stupid, early game only mortars (unreliable) and sachels and demos can destroy it (expensive).. Or could okw wire cost 5 munitions each?
15 Nov 2014, 18:24 PM

Cruzz Kappa

and
15 Nov 2014, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 16:37 PMKatitof

Jacksons could definitely be made stronger without breaking them. It's ridiculous how often they fail to penetrate, especially considering that their sole reason for existing it AT. They have NO AI, they can not be given a MG like other AT units like the panther, and they are basically made of paper.
15 Nov 2014, 21:43 PM

Well Jackson should penetrate something heavier without AP rounds. Its too hard to make a USA comeback against german übertanks without vet 1 jacksons and munitions :p
15 Nov 2014, 22:07 PM

I think USF Light AT Mines need looked at again, I don't feel they're in-line with other AT Mines for their price.

They do 40 damage for 25 munitions? It costs 50 munitions to lay 2 of them for a total of 80 damage, but for that price M20 AT Mines will do 400 damage.

For 30 munitions you can lay a trap that will kill a Kubelwagen or Scout Car in one hit. You need 125 munitions worth of Light AT Mines to achieve the same result.
and
15 Nov 2014, 22:09 PM

I seriously do not understand the logic behind locking an essential unit ability behind veterancy. Especially not on a unit as frail as the Jackson. Veterancy bonuses are simply not well thought out, and it breaks the late game.
15 Nov 2014, 22:12 PM

I think USF Light AT Mines need looked at again, I don't feel they're in-line with other AT Mines for their price.

They do 40 damage for 25 munitions? It costs 50 munitions to lay 2 of them for a total of 80 damage, but for that price M20 AT Mines will do 400 damage.

For 30 munitions you can lay a trap that will kill a Kubelwagen or Scout Car in one hit. You need 125 munitions worth of Light AT Mines to achieve the same result.

i think they need to be removed... to be able to repair vehicles with its crew (even crits) when hiding behind mines that guarantee engine dmg is a problem. the usf was designed to have crew/crit repairs because they lack the ability to lay down mines. its like giving the okw 100% fuel althought they got vet5. im not saying its good design, but thats the way it is

Edit: didnt read/test the changes to the way they work properly before. changed my mind
16 Nov 2014, 16:01 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 16:53 PMRomeo

I think it's a mistake to leave overpowered abilities in place because of underpowered units using them. I believe canister shot should be nerfed but M8 main gun damage increased, for examaple. Here are some other examples that I don't think are game-breaking at all.

Greyhound needs more utility through smoke, mines, or a top gunner.

Cruzz, already changed the m8 canister ;).

I think the price for the unit is now a tad too high for how it performs overall, especially with the +10 fuel. The main gun was improved to be more along the lines of the stuart. Overall the unit isn't just there for the canister now but it is now a bit weak.

A smoke or mine ability or a top gunner might help but it needs to be tested more.

Unrelated to the post:
I'd like it if more people actually joined the steam group and played the patch. So far I've seen only Bryan, Casp and me in the group chat.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Kappatch

19 Nov 2014, 07:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 16:14 PMRomeo

Oh man.. I hate that ability with a passion.. I hate playing you using that ability with a passion.. <444>_<444>
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS