Login

russian armor

Kappatch - A minor rebalance mod

PAGES (17)down
6 Nov 2014, 18:34 PM
Patrion 14

Exactly how does the call-ins work? Do you have to tech to last tier and do you actually have to build the building? Do Tigers and Pumas get unlocked on the same tier? Adding this information in the unit description would be very useful.

Taken from the first patch notes:
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 23:04 PMCruzz

Tiger/Elefant now require T3 building or BP4. Puma and Command Tank require BP3
Rebalanced BP and building costs, BPs are slightly cheaper and buildings slightly more expensive. Teching manpower cost reduced overall
Pak43 range improved by 5 (80 --> 85), vet3 gives an additional +5 range.
6 Nov 2014, 22:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2014, 16:49 PMRomeo
I think any tank that gets abandoned should have some sort of other crit on top of that. After all, why would the crew abandon a perfectly good tank?

So when a tank gets abandoned you could add main gun destroyed to it. I think that would be a good way to keep it in the game.

When a tank gets abandoned and recrewed, it's already got dangerously low health, so low that if anything so much as sneezes at it, it gets blown up. I don't think it needs a damage main gun to add to it.
6 Nov 2014, 23:53 PM

I don't know about all this tank crit stuff. I loved this mod because it was just simple changes that made underused units and abilities viable. Now it's starting to really change larger dynamics of the game. TBH I would be much happier if things were left the way they were originally because this mod is started to get a bit complicated.
7 Nov 2014, 00:01 AM

I don't know about all this tank crit stuff. I loved this mod because it was just simple changes that made underused units and abilities viable. Now it's starting to really change larger dynamics of the game. TBH I would be much happier if things were left the way they were originally because this mod is started to get a bit complicated.

Well, basically the crit changes come down to this:

Vehicles should actually die at 0% health and abandon can't happen with some weapons (mines and small arms).

It's one of the things I originally wanted to do, just couldn't get around to it until later because the number of filechanges required was so high it made me avoid touching it.
7 Nov 2014, 00:34 AM

Really like the changes so far, though to though some degree I agree that it might be messy if too many balance changes are coming at the same time, without any testing. Realy liking all the bugfixes!

Regarding criticals I think that the system you proposed where tanks cant survive below 0% health, except abandoned, is necessary and good.

Would be nice to keep some criticals in the game, even those from the beta, someone lentioned in another thread, with crewmembers injured. Not sure how much can be patched but for example:

When below 25% health or even lower, maybe as low as 10%, there is a risk for, immobilized, main gun destroyed, and maybe some other crippling critical, this is a low percentage so there should be some risk with driving forward with a heavy and then blitzing away with low health.

I also think there should a chance of be criticals for all penetrating shots, maybe below 50% health, of course these criticals are far from as severe as those above, and also temporary I am thinking: crew shocked, stunned for a very short time, gunner injured, cant shoot for a some seconds, loader injured, decreased RoF until repaired, not that much slower, driver injured, immobilized forsome seconds, can still rotate turret and shot etc. Different vehicles have different crew so that would have to be taken care of. I am thinking amall percentages with not that much danger, but still dangerous to drive in a tank alone, unsupported, in case some crewmember becomes injured
7 Nov 2014, 01:40 AM

Regarding soviet sniper. Removing sprint was good! I always thought sniper flare was in a good spot but maybe a small buff was in place. Like mentioned, Sniper/Guard combo will still be stronger than ever and playing vs double snipers in 2v2s is a real.. snitch. What do you think of increasing build time for Sniper? Thus making it more difficult to do early sniper builds without actually having to nerf the unit in itself.
7 Nov 2014, 02:11 AM

some suggestions:

- Make T34 a little better vs infantry cuz it really sucks now, depends much on RNG
- Make Panzer 4 a little worse vs infantry cuz it really shreds soviet inf
- Sturmpios should have reduced DPS and increased survivability like received accuracy or armor increase
- Panzerwerfer and Katiusha should be cheaper
- Make katiusha fire all rockets at once per barrage (like calliope, no breaks)
- Panzerfaust should be unlocked when T1 is build or BP2 is finished
- give more DPS to PG's or at least reduce it cost nad reinforce
- give PG's a single shreck upgrade for 60 munis (up to 2 upgrades)
- Flame HT upgrade and quad on M5 should've removed reinforce ability
- remove suppression ability from kubel but increase it's DPS (like for example main gun matches gren LMG DPS and on move it has 50% reduced accuracy)
- somehow nerf Obersoldats cuz they are game breaking, reduce MP, reduce DPS, reduce reinforce
- increase health for tanktraps to like 1000 or maybe even more, and give demo charges a buff vs tanktraps
-increase health on forward structures like bunkers, trenches so they won't get destroyed by 3 AT shots
- make better 222 main gun vs infantry and increase it's upgun to like it was before - 70 muni
- remove this line barrage from stukas and let it fire like normal other arty
- change cost of Ost and soviet arty (ML-20 and LeFH) to 400MP/50fuel and let each barrage costs 5 muni
- give volks sandbags to Ost grens, PG's and pios

I think that might be all :snfBarton:
7 Nov 2014, 02:14 AM

some suggestions:
- Make T34 a little better vs infantry cuz it really sucks now, depends much on RNG

I think with the faster reload time Cruzz has in place it actually does a lot better vs inf, meaning instead of being more powerful dmg wise vs inf, it has a faster fire rate, therefore giving you a higher chance of injuring inf.
7 Nov 2014, 02:52 AM

They tried that in the Beta, it lead to blobbing. They did it with Volks, it lead to blobbing. Dual purpose AI/AT Infantry just leads to blobbing.

- remove suppression ability from kubel but increase it's DPS (like for example main gun matches gren LMG DPS and on move it has 50% reduced accuracy)
That's almost OKW's suppression though, are they just expected to not have any suppression ability? The only other suppression they have is the doctrinal MG 34 and Flak Half-Track.

-increase health on forward structures like bunkers, trenches so they won't get destroyed by 3 AT shots
But AT Guns are supposed to counter trenches, especially early on. Penals and Engineers are the only alternatives, and Engineers are too fragile to be planting 90 mun charges on enemy lines.

- change cost of Ost and soviet arty (ML-20 and LeFH) to 400MP/50fuel and let each barrage costs 5 muni
Wow, with a nerf like that, you must really hate Heavy Artillery.
7 Nov 2014, 09:55 AM
Patrion 14

--seeing problems with it
++agree
??there could be a potential problem

--We should first thoroughly test the increased fire rate before making further changes.

- Make Panzer 4 a little worse vs infantry cuz it really shreds soviet inf

++This could be something to look at

- Sturmpios should have reduced DPS and increased survivability like received accuracy or armor increase

??substituting damage for survivability will allow Sturmpios to close the gap easier.

- Panzerwerfer and Katiusha should be cheaper
- Make katiusha fire all rockets at once per barrage (like calliope, no breaks)

--Artillery should be effective but not spammable because it makes for stale and uninteresting gameplay.

- Panzerfaust should be unlocked when T1 is build or BP2 is finished

++I guess by t1 you mean the "Leichte Mechanized Kompanie".

- give more DPS to PG's or at least reduce it cost nad reinforce

--single shreck will make them a jack of all trades, which makes amassing the unit very viable. I find DPS ok but maybe one can experiment with it.

--Gren lmg damage at t0 without ammo cost seems like an ill-advised idea. The Kubel is also the only early non doc form of suppression.

- increase health for tanktraps to like 1000 or maybe even more, and give demo charges a buff vs tanktraps

??OKW wire/tanktraps are already a problem to deal with. Furthermore only soviets have access to demos (doctrinal for USF).
I like the idea of making them a bit more viable.

--The reason the health was reduced in the first place was because bunker were hard to counter and allowed you to substitute field presence with a bunker. Bunkers also have no pop-cap associated with them which allows them to be spammed (this happened in team games a lot before the change).

- make better 222 main gun vs infantry and increase it's upgun to like it was before - 70 muni

might be something to look at

- remove this line barrage from stukas and let it fire like normal other arty

interesting idea

interesting idea

- give volks sandbags to Ost grens, PG's and pios

--Giving the ability to buld sandbags to every Wehr unit seems really ill-advised. As an experiment it might be interesting to give it to pios.
7 Nov 2014, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2014, 16:49 PMRomeo
After all, why would the crew abandon a perfectly good tank?

On the eastern front, German soldiers were told to place bundled grenades on top of the engine or the entry of Russian tanks to kill or heavily shock the tank's crew.
So maybe a tank could get abandoned because the crew simply dies from things that don't destroy the tank :)
7 Nov 2014, 10:51 AM
Patrion 14

They tried that in the Beta, it lead to blobbing. They did it with Volks, it lead to blobbing. Dual purpose AI/AT Infantry just leads to blobbing.
I keep hearing this argument and it's one of my pet peeves. The dual-to-single Schreck change was so far back in the meta it's not even funny, any considerations are COMPLETELY invalid. Just to mention a few things, Panzergrens had armour then, small arms were much less effective vs infantry, veterancy gave huge survivability bonuses for Axis squads etc. This is a completely different game now.

Panzergrenadiers are expensive enough and squishy enough that giving them one Schreck would not break the game.

And guess what, especially in team games, Axis still blobs. Two PzG squads with one Schreck each or one PzG squad with two schrecks and one unupgraded - what's the difference?

Naturally a single Schreck should cost 80 ammo.

Regarding the Volks blob, Schrecks are a much better option on Volks because they are a low DPS, 5-man squad with good veterancy bonuses. Schreck is perfect on them - it gives them XP, gives them a role, they can absorb a lot of firepower while still retaining their AT, and losing a single Karabiner is a negligible drop in DPS.

Whether this mod should address PzGrens is another matter. I do not see PzGrens as breaking the meta in any way at this moment.
7 Nov 2014, 12:38 PM

I keep hearing this argument and it's one of my pet peeves. The dual-to-single Schreck change was so far back in the meta it's not even funny, any considerations are COMPLETELY invalid. Just to mention a few things, Panzergrens had armour then, small arms were much less effective vs infantry, veterancy gave huge survivability bonuses for Axis squads etc. This is a completely different game now.

Panzergrenadiers are expensive enough and squishy enough that giving them one Schreck would not break the game.

And guess what, especially in team games, Axis still blobs. Two PzG squads with one Schreck each or one PzG squad with two schrecks and one unupgraded - what's the difference?

Naturally a single Schreck should cost 80 ammo.

Regarding the Volks blob, Schrecks are a much better option on Volks because they are a low DPS, 5-man squad with good veterancy bonuses. Schreck is perfect on them - it gives them XP, gives them a role, they can absorb a lot of firepower while still retaining their AT, and losing a single Karabiner is a negligible drop in DPS.

Whether this mod should address PzGrens is another matter. I do not see PzGrens as breaking the meta in any way at this moment.

Maybe decreasing range on Schrecks so that blobs may actually be hard countered by T70 or AA halftrack
7 Nov 2014, 13:24 PM

Cruzz is it possible to enable more types of criticals to happen in the game?
For example light engine crit for light usf mines and possibly fausts and nades on medium and heavy tanks if damage occurs over 50% hp ?
7 Nov 2014, 14:29 PM

Cruzz is it possible to enable more types of criticals to happen in the game?
For example light engine crit for light usf mines and possibly fausts and nades on medium and heavy tanks if damage occurs over 50% hp ?

Can make new crits as much as you want. Simple requirements like "unit type" "health level" etc work fine.

More complex requirement chains don't work so fine, or maybe I'm just trying to implement them incorrectly. Had huge difficulties getting an abandon chance tied with crit types to work properly so I just threw the attempt away.
7 Nov 2014, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2014, 14:29 PMCruzz

Can make new crits as much as you want. Simple requirements like "unit type" "health level" etc work fine.

More complex requirement chains don't work so fine, or maybe I'm just trying to implement them incorrectly. Had huge difficulties getting an abandon chance tied with crit types to work properly so I just threw the attempt away.

too bad. i would have really liked it, if abandon was tied to heavy engine crit. so you cant steal a vehicle and just drive to your base with it at full speed
7 Nov 2014, 14:40 PM

too bad. i would have really liked it, if abandon was tied to heavy engine crit. so you cant steal a vehicle and just drive to your base with it at full speed

Making abandon force a heavy engine crit is easy and I'll probably do it the next time I'm patching something in. But my attempts to make abandon chance higher if the vehicle had heavy engine damage never really worked.
7 Nov 2014, 17:49 PM

I have to say from the games i've played with others in 1's, the mod is a refreshing change of pace in regards to what is viable. Familiar enough that it ain't like a re-do of COH2 at all, but enough difference that it ain't just a new paint job either :)
8 Nov 2014, 06:33 AM
Donator 11

Is there a way to get back the ability to throw nades while running?

Like it was a few patches before: If you throw a nade while moving and while in range your unit would throw it without stopping.

Why did they even patch that out?!

Oh and I hope you do sth about the T34 ram. Because as it is its just completely worthless. All it does is a damaged engine and some damage. But your tank is a sure loss. Even AT nades are a better choice atm. The loss of your tank should have at least SOME advantage.

I suggest instead of a damaged engine give it a mobility crit.

Best regads
8 Nov 2014, 08:23 AM

Maybe decreasing range on Schrecks so that blobs may actually be hard countered by T70 or AA halftrack

But this would only make Panzerschrecks suck unless they are blobbed.
PAGES (17)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Russian Federation 73
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %