Login

russian armor

Kappatch - A minor rebalance mod

PAGES (17)down
8 Nov 2014, 09:06 AM

Poll time:

Should guards go back to singleplayer upgrade system of no special weapons when spawning, mutually exclusive PTRS and DP-28? Performance of both upgrades would be improved in exchange.

Should penals be allowed to use flamer on the move now that their speciality of their flamer not being able to blow up is no longer that valuable?

Should 221/222 have 40hp more but cost slightly more, to stop two atnades/one soviet mine from destroying it outright?

Easy Eight currently completely lacks the scatter penalty while moving other tanks have. But should they get something in return for this oversight being fixed and if yes what?

Should volks get less received accuracy from veterancy in exchange for some damage output veterancy?

Should fallschirms have 2x fg42 2xkar98k on spawn, and have to buy the remaining two for 45-60 muni? They could get hold fire and a slight reduction in mp cost in exchange.
8 Nov 2014, 09:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Should guards go back to singleplayer upgrade system of no special weapons when spawning, mutually exclusive PTRS and DP-28? Performance of both upgrades would be improved in exchange.

Would be nice but I don't want to have guards just replace conscripts and penals because of their upgrades. I realize that is currently the case as well but I think it hsould be changed in a different way (but don't know how)
Should penals be allowed to use flamer on the move now that their speciality of their flamer not being able to blow up is no longer that valuable?

I tested this myself after i suggested this and it seems to damage your own penals who walk in front of you. However I think this perfectly fits with the theme of penals :D
It is very strong though especially when you flank support weapons.

Should 221/222 have 40hp more but cost slightly more, to stop two atnades/one soviet mine from destroying it outright?

I think it's not needed

Easy Eight currently completely lacks the scatter penalty while moving other tanks have. But should they get something in return for this oversight being fixed and if yes what?

Don't all shermans have less scatter on the move?
Should volks get less received accuracy from veterancy in exchange for some damage output veterancy?

Yes
Should fallschirms have 2x fg42 2xkar98k on spawn, and have to buy the remaining two for 45-60 muni? They could get hold fire and a slight reduction in mp cost in exchange.

I think falls are expensive enough already. I donot like theh 2/2 split, if you implement this I rather they spawn with 4 kars and you can upgrade them afterwards with 4 fg42. MP call in can go down then.

A gameplay improvement, set the ui_setfacing to weapon_default on the weapons that turret less tanks use. It gives the range and angles ti can fire at just like the kubel and support weapons have. I find it very helpful. Stug for example (ignore all the other stuff :P although mortar in HT even has voicelines for it)

8 Nov 2014, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2014, 09:06 AMCruzz
If this were the case, you would never see the PTRS since it cannot fight Infantry or Vehicles effectively. DP Guards would obviously be the meta-choice.

I think so. The Scout Car is never used without the cannon upgrade, this might help slightly.

Most or all Shermans have increased accuracy on the move. It's .75 for all variants including the Soviet Sherman, I haven't looked at the Bulldozer though and I'm too tired to bother with it. I looked at the Easy Eight and it's at .75 just like the others.

Yes, Vet 5 Volks are just silly as hell.

Personally I say give them one FG-42 and 3 MP 40 (AG or custom version), reduce cost.
8 Nov 2014, 10:37 AM

Suggestion to nerf RNG god from tanks:

Make all tanks have better accuracy vs inf (scatter i guess?) so it's easier to hit enemy infantry and at the same time reduce splash so when tank hit inf squad they might kill 1 guy, maybe 2 if they are grouped but never a full squad. At current stage of game (not Kappatch) med tanks like P4 or T34 sometimes can wipe the squad with first shot which is ridiculous to me. This change should apply mostly to medium tanks and heavy tanks (and some to tank destroyers), not for example to T-70 and Luchs which are currently good at killing infantry
8 Nov 2014, 10:54 AM

If this were the case, you would never see the PTRS since it cannot fight Infantry or Vehicles effectively. DP Guards would obviously be the meta-choice.

PTRS is not nearly as bad against infantry in this mod than in release and is a bit better against vehicles. And I'd probably give them a new special ability and 3 or even 4 PTRS with the upgrade.

Most or all Shermans have increased accuracy on the move. It's .75 for all variants including the Soviet Sherman, I haven't looked at the Bulldozer though and I'm too tired to bother with it. I looked at the Easy Eight and it's at .75 just like the others.

Accuracy for tanks vs infantry does absolutely nothing. The EZ8 does not have a scatter multiplication while moving, a trait that is shared by...a vet5 okw panther. Other units that have a special modifier on this are Luchs at 1.25, normal sherman is 1.5. Stuart 1.75. Every other vehicle, 2x scatter on the move.

Personally I say give them one FG-42 and 3 MP 40 (AG or custom version), reduce cost.

MP40 seems silly because they seem to be meant as a ranged squad.
8 Nov 2014, 12:35 PM

Poll time:

+1 I allways like it , but PTRS should be better vs armour (shooting speed increase, and some pen increase )but weaker vs inf ,and some minor DP accuracy or damage buff with guards cost increase to 360 mp or 380 mp

Idk . Cuz it's be to big advantage over ostheer , but WF factions have smartgun running rambos , who just pray and spray on the move

Yes but if you increase it's size .

Nope , he just need some minor pen nerf and front armor increase

volks to good at vet , just remove it received accuracy and give them some accuracy and damage , but only 5%-7%
or they be to good

Sure why not .
8 Nov 2014, 12:36 PM

Poll time:

+1 I allways like it , but PTRS should be better vs armour (shooting speed increase, and some pen increase )but weaker vs inf ,and some minor DP accuracy or damage buff with guards cost increase to 360 mp or 380 mp

Idk . Cuz it's be to big advantage over ostheer , but WF factions have smartgun running rambos , who just pray and spray on the move

Yes but if you increase it's size .

Nope , he just need some minor pen nerf and front armor increase

volks to good at vet , just remove it received accuracy and give them some accuracy and damage , but only 5%-7%
or they be to good

Sure why not .
8 Nov 2014, 16:06 PM
Patrion 26

Poll time:

For the firs questions i dont have any opinion.

Fallschirms should spawn with 4xKars and should be able to upgrade to 2/4*FG42. Off course price reduction for spawning. Currently its a magical button to kill support units or retreating units, you just press the magical button on a house and a instant killing machine teleports destroying your every tactic/strategy/placing/retreating on time.

Volks have ridiculous accuracy with schrecks, and ridiculous surviving abilities at VET5. They can get increased damage but only for the normal weapons, not the schrecks. The schrecked volks blob is currently a game breaker, the OKW can just play with T0 and actually do good at the game.
9 Nov 2014, 03:09 AM

Downloaded and the mod Cruzz. Great work. I think the SU76 overperoms for cost now but that could be RNG. It was acting like a sniper and got to vet 3 way too fast. I would increase its cost or nerf some other attribute. Hate to say it because it sucked for so long. I think it's barrage should have a cool down reduction and possible scatter nerf rather then a sniper cannon.

Obers cannot upgrade to STG44s now.

Ost sniper should be given 1.5 armor back IMHO.

That's all I got everything else feels better.
9 Nov 2014, 03:25 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Nice changes!

Have you fixed it so revealed demo's can be shot at with small arms fire or things like tanks and shreks? Currently the only way of dealing with them is to use arty or a lucky tank shot. Sweeping it is out of the question.
9 Nov 2014, 03:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2014, 10:54 AMCruzz
MP40 seems silly because they seem to be meant as a ranged squad.

Falls struck me as a unit that is good at all ranges, so it's not so much that they're ranged, but good at any range. Only dedicated close quarters units beat them at close range. On the other hand, I thought Kar 98's would take away too much DPS and StG's would make them too similar to Sturmpioneers, so I went with MP 40's in my suggestion.

Volks have ridiculous accuracy with schrecks, and ridiculous surviving abilities at VET5. They can get increased damage but only for the normal weapons, not the schrecks. The schrecked volks blob is currently a game breaker, the OKW can just play with T0 and actually do good at the game.

Panzerschrecks are less likely to hit infantry than Anti-Tank Guns, and blobbing is not a problem with the Panzerschreck, it's a problem with OKW's design as well as lack of hard-counters.

Removing abilities from doctrines does not set a good precedent for Kappatch.
9 Nov 2014, 03:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Would you consider allowing pioneers and/or 222s to plant riegels?

Also giving the 40hp buff to the 222 after vet 1 or 2, instead of having it start with it and cost more, might be worth trying out.
9 Nov 2014, 09:38 AM

Thanks, gonna fix today.

Removing abilities from doctrines does not set a good precedent for Kappatch.

Yes, it's all a part of my master plan to secretly change everything.

It's a freaking bug with how I changed the LMG34. I should've obviously tested that, but you know, people do forget things.

It took 10 days for anyone to notice it, which might say something about how much of a priority that upgrade is to anyone. Or even more about how many people have even played a minute on this mod :foreveralone:

Would you consider allowing pioneers and/or 222s to plant riegels?

Yes, I'll give it to 222s as well for now.

Have you fixed it so revealed demo's can be shot at with small arms fire or things like tanks and shreks? Currently the only way of dealing with them is to use arty or a lucky tank shot. Sweeping it is out of the question.

Yes, though because of the armor value small arms can still sometimes take a while to destroy them. But I don't want to turn minesweeping into the coh1 version of sweeper finds mine, one rifle/volk squad focuses down mine in 0.5 seconds, moves to next.

Ost sniper should be given 1.5 armor back IMHO.

Armor is horrible on a sniper, better increase health, no RNG that way.

Great work. I think the SU76 overperoms for cost now but that could be RNG. It was acting like a sniper and got to vet 3 way too fast. I would increase its cost or nerf some other attribute. Hate to say it because it sucked for so long. I think it's barrage should have a cool down reduction and possible scatter nerf rather then a sniper cannon.

I don't really agree, both the Stug E and even the Stug G still have better anti-inf in the same role with the StuG E being markedly better against inf and the StuG G better against tanks, both having better veterancy and survivability than su76 (ignoring the range advantage, anyway).
9 Nov 2014, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2014, 21:06 PMCruzz

Quite like that, vehicle pathfinding is so annoying around some particular points.

5.11.2014.1:

Territory points no longer block shots or movement. Victory points remain solid as before.

Relic: please implement this!
9 Nov 2014, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 09:38 AMCruzz
Yes, it's all a part of my master plan to secretly change everything.

It's a freaking bug with how I changed the LMG34. I should've obviously tested that, but you know, people do forget things.

I thought he was suggesting you remove Ober StG's, not reporting a bug, my mistake.

Speaking of, I just thought of something. Earlier you mentioned giving the other 3 Obers a 'heavy weapon' Kar 98, so they would be able to have high DPS spread out, but not retain it if used to recrew. But wouldn't these Kar 98's also prevent the MG 34 from being handed down, like how PTRS's prevent DP's from being handed down?
9 Nov 2014, 11:17 AM

Was gonna work a bit more on OKW elite armor (thinking of adding a small aura to the vehicle commander for some reload bonuses or similar) but want to fix the ober STGs so patching now

9.11.2014 patchnotes:

Balance:
Abandon now deals destroyed engine and maingun to the vehicle so they're not usable straight off. Does not apply to special sturmtiger reload abandon.

Ostheer sniper has 8 more HP (survives one more shot against small arms, 33% increase in health against conscripts/guards, 16% against rifles)

Riegel mines can now be laid with 222 as well.

OKW base defences can not be sniped. Still vulnerable to grenades. OKW base defense penetration halved so they don't counter light tanks. Neither change applies to buildable flak emplacements.

OKW Elite Armor Heat shell duration from 20 to 25 seconds, cost from 45 to 40
OWK Elite Armor Tank Commander coordinated barrage triggerable range from 35 to 45

Bug fixes/consistency:
Ober STG upgrade works again (broke it ages ago)

Fixed Major artillery refiring at all previous locations when major hits vet2

Increased penetration priority and removed short range priority on Stuart Shell Shock to make it target mostly vehicles instead of prioritizing infantry next to it.

Made all wrecks destructable with small arms and flamers. Note: this just means you can remove the final 1% of health, armor values are unchanged.

B4, Soviet Sherman wrecks can now be salvaged.

Soviet salvage ability now works on USF mortar ht, M15, ez8, ez8 brewed, bulldozer brewed, m4a3 brewed. Modified wreck values for soviet salvage to be closer to current unit prices for values that were completely whack.

Speaking of, I just thought of something. Earlier you mentioned giving the other 3 Obers a 'heavy weapon' Kar 98, so they would be able to have high DPS spread out, but not retain it if used to recrew. But wouldn't these Kar 98's also prevent the MG 34 from being handed down, like how PTRS's prevent DP's from being handed down?

Yes, that'll happen. Thought one particular thing in slot item scripts would change that, but apparently it's a deprecated feature that doesn't do anything. So instead I could just add a lot of bonuses to the obersoldaten squad and make them use regular weapons. This will mean they turn picked up weapons into similar monstrosities as their own weapons are right now, but remanning with them will give the base weapons with no bonuses and any weapons dropped by the obers will be "normal" performance when picked up by other squad types.
9 Nov 2014, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 11:17 AMCruzz
Was gonna work a bit more on OKW elite armor (thinking of adding a small aura to the vehicle commander for some reload bonuses or similar) but want to fix the ober STGs so patching now.

To what extent are you allowed to modify doctrines? I doubt you can swap out abilities (not asking you to though), but what about raising / lowering costs or CP's? I think you can modify abilities because you've done it before with Soviet Industry, which is good because Elite Armoured's biggest failing is that half it's abilities are just inferior and more expensive versions of other faction's abilities.

Signal Relay is good, but still inferior to Partisan Spy Network which reveals Infantry as well as Tanks.

Emergency Repairs is expensive and comes with the risk of abandonment that Soviet Crew Repair doesn't. It also takes much longer than USF Critical Repair, which can be pulled off before an MG 42 even sets up to fire.

HEAT Shells are okay I guess, I don't really have a comment for them. I'd hoped they were passive like Panzer Elite's version. Mostly good if you get desperate with a Puma or Panzer IV Ausf J.

Panzer Commander isn't worth replacing the MG Gunner, his barrage is expensive and his sight bonus is small.

Panzer IV Ausf. J's are reletively weak tanks, they need to be babysat or they can be lost in an instant. Dispite being called Veteran, they usually show up with 1/3 Vet to Vet 1. They're inferior to the Wehrmacht P4 in every way, though they are slightly better than the T-34/76 due to machine gun DPS.
9 Nov 2014, 21:50 PM

To what extent are you allowed to modify doctrines? I doubt you can swap out abilities (not asking you to though), but what about raising / lowering costs or CP's? I think you can modify abilities because you've done it before with Soviet Industry, which is good because Elite Armoured's biggest failing is that half it's abilities are just inferior and more expensive versions of other faction's abilities.

You can do whatever that isn't making completely new commanders. You can replace every single ability in a commander, you can make commander abilities non-doctrinal, etc. There's an UI limitation in that none of the changes you make will show up until you are ingame and have chosen a commander, every commander ability list etc until then is hardcoded for now.

Emergency Repairs is expensive and comes with the risk of abandonment that Soviet Crew Repair doesn't. It also takes much longer than USF Critical Repair, which can be pulled off before an MG 42 even sets up to fire.

USF crit repair is stupid but not gonna touch it for now. There is no abandon risk on the emergency repairs any more than there is on soviet repair, ie it's the exact same 5% as normal. The code for the ability is messy but I'm pretty sure the heal amount on it is not correct right now.

HEAT Shells are okay I guess, I don't really have a comment for them. I'd hoped they were passive like Panzer Elite's version. Mostly good if you get desperate with a Puma or Panzer IV Ausf J.

They increase both damage and penetration, they'd be OP as hell as a passive.

Panzer Commander isn't worth replacing the MG Gunner, his barrage is expensive and his sight bonus is small.

Pretty much, which is why I want to give him more stuff as I like to think of him as one of the key points of the commander.

Panzer IV Ausf. J's are reletively weak tanks, they need to be babysat or they can be lost in an instant. Dispite being called Veteran, they usually show up with 1/3 Vet to Vet 1. They're inferior to the Wehrmacht P4 in every way, though they are slightly better than the T-34/76 due to machine gun DPS.

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with PIV Js apart from them having no place in OKW's lineup due to the super easy access to Panther + KT they already have. Which is a really hard thing to fix...

9 Nov 2014, 23:23 PM

Cruzz just tested again after your last set of changes. Do the USF P47s have an armor value? It seems that the base sector Flaks arent shooting them down. They just cruise around killing retreated armor at will. Not sure if its RNG or not but I dont remember this being the case. The entire duration they were there and not a one got shot down.
9 Nov 2014, 23:31 PM

Cruzz just tested again after your last set of changes. Do the USF P47s have an armor value? It seems that the base sector Flaks arent shooting them down. They just cruise around killing retreated armor at will. Not sure if its RNG or not but I dont remember this being the case. The entire duration they were there and not a one got shot down.

Base flaks are not meant to be effective AA tool. They can shoot down plane, but its extremely low chance, its intended and balanced, because no faction should have free AA.

Planes don't have any armor. They have 1hp and each weapon capable of shooting them have a set % chance to do so.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS