Login

russian armor

Patch: July 31st

31 Jul 2014, 16:35 PM

wooof, can you post here new vet modifiers for KV-1?
31 Jul 2014, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 16:27 PMKatitof

More frequently then katiusha.
That is what they have meant.
Remember the times of 40sec pwerfer reload?

I know what they meant - but it doesn't change the fact that they wrote "more frequently" not "more frequently than katyusha".

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 16:21 PMCruzz

Pwerfer damage from 160 to 80
Paratrooper vet2 accuracy bonus from 1.4 to 1.25

Anything else?

Unless I've missed something, no.

But unless I'm calculating the AoE damage incorrectly, I think they've botched the AoE change for katyushas and panzerwerfers - since as it's now, it's a straight nerf to their damage.

Edit: Or rather, the change to AoE damage won't have such effect as they are hoping for.
31 Jul 2014, 16:37 PM

Haha a classic relic again! Everybody agreed that the squad wipe potential is too big, but they intentionally keep it. I'd be laughing if their "balance" team would not make decisions like this again and again...
31 Jul 2014, 16:38 PM

I know what they meant - but it doesn't change the fact that they wrote "more frequently" not "more frequently than katyusha".

Well, the patch notes are pretty badly edited (worse than normally).
Example: "Adjusted the accuracy modifier to account for the squad healing" wtf does that even mean?!?
31 Jul 2014, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 16:33 PMKatitof

It should be as deadly to infantry as it was.

It won't be. Previously the 80 damage radius (ie the squadwipe on full health squad) was ~2.65, now it will be 1.5. Or to put it another way, the area of lethality for each rocket is now nearly 70% smaller. This applies to both Katyusha and Pwerfer as their aoe stats are identical for all the stats we care about here.

31 Jul 2014, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 16:35 PMKatitof
wooof, can you post here new vet modifiers for KV-1?

Vet 2:

Removed +10 damage
Reload bonus from 0.8 to 0.7 (better)
31 Jul 2014, 16:48 PM

damnit tensai, i just had both files open.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 16:39 PMCruzz

It won't be. Previously the 80 damage radius (ie the squadwipe on full health squad) was ~2.65, now it will be 1.5. Or to put it another way, the area of lethality for each rocket is now nearly 70% smaller. This applies to both Katyusha and Pwerfer as their aoe stats are identical for all the stats we care about here.

sounds like another poorly written change then, because they said they "retain the same damage profile"
31 Jul 2014, 16:49 PM

Vet 2:

Removed +10 damage
Reload bonus from 0.8 to 0.7 (better)

Ah, good, the 10 damage bonus never made any sense if it was only for main cannon.
31 Jul 2014, 16:49 PM

Maybe we should just make a tool that detects changes so we can make our own patch notes. Relic loves hidden changes.
31 Jul 2014, 16:51 PM

I wonder if they lowered the damage vs building on the pwerfer also. cuz 1 barrage close gets a tech building to 15-20% health if most shots hit. was same thing with katy
31 Jul 2014, 16:58 PM

and I think the dmg vs inf is still 160 no? he said itll retain the same lethiality
31 Jul 2014, 16:58 PM

It was the katyusha's AOE that was slightly too high that made it squad wipe full health squads too often, rather have seen that changed than the large reload time. Atleast the damage change is good though.

They also just made wehrmacht T4 even less worth its teching costs...

The stukka also still needs changing, for a unit that is a large tech gamble it is very easy to dodge (why does it fire in a line?), and then if it actually hits does some crazy damage. Basically only useful on terrible maps like 2v2 semois (very small and choke-pointy), in which it becomes some fairly early super arty.

edit: Do hope cruzz has overlooked something, otherwise that would make both the panzerwerfer and katy terrible, considering they only wanted slight nerfs
31 Jul 2014, 17:12 PM
Patrion 14

Retain letha... But... The super lethality is the problem! Why retain it? Yes, give Kat more damage vs tanks, yes yes! But give my infantry a chance to live!

The patch notes may say its lethality is retained, but it really isn't. Last match I played the Kat was the same old joke as it was a while ago. It tickles infantry at best.
31 Jul 2014, 17:18 PM

Not sure if anyone has noticed this or if it's a ninja patch or bug but today I wasn't able to pick up any of the enemy fuel drops an OST player was dropping on a fuel point. Any word on this?
31 Jul 2014, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 17:12 PMCptEend

The patch notes may say its lethality is retained, but it really isn't. Last match I played the Kat was the same old joke as it was a while ago. It tickles infantry at best.

Hm, if that's true, that's not so good. It should have some killing power.

What about vs tanks? Is it any use there now?
31 Jul 2014, 17:47 PM

Typical relic overnerf. Never ever relic learns their mistake.

Slight BUFFS or SLIGHT NERFS.

Jesus, i do not understand.

It's killing power is back to pre buff levels (really bad, never kills anything) and now its also got that INSANELY long reload.
Pwerfer is just a joke now.

Welp, back to T3, T4, you will be missed.

ugh.
31 Jul 2014, 17:52 PM

Why don't people give the changes a few days of testing before they spout, the world is ending because Change log says so, bullshit.

Also what does this mean in game terms: "Deflected shots now deal 20 damage"? Does that mean that missed shots deal damage to units next to where the rocket hit? Or does it pertain to damage to vehicles and tanks?
31 Jul 2014, 17:54 PM

Why don't people give the changes a few days of testing before they spout, the world is ending because Change log says so, bullshit.

Also what does this mean in game terms: "Deflected shots now deal 20 damage"? Does that mean that missed shots deal damage to units next to where the rocket hit? Or does it pertain to damage to vehicles and tanks?

I think it means that rockets that hit a vehicle but don't penetrate its armor still do this small amount of damage.
31 Jul 2014, 17:57 PM

I believe this refers to penetration vs vehicles / tanks. If your rocket hits but doesn't penetrate, it'll do 20 damage instead of the full 80 (or 0 deflection damage as previously). So in a sense, your rockets will always do some sort of damage vs vehicles. Rockets will always penetrate vs infantry.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS